IGNORED

Highlights from the "Men's rights conference" in Detroit

doggie

got to love a bunch of baby men who have not become men yet. and like rockstars they have female groupies.

ne speaker postulated that women are responsible for all domestic violence because, having all the power in relationships, they could simply choose not to marry violent men

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle ... =AG0003357

The feminists hadn’t shown up yet, but they could, at any moment, with their protest signs and screaming. The threat of them was an infuriating and exhilarating specter throughout the weekend, a symbol of the oppression facing the men’s rights activists who had gathered to meet for their inaugural conference.

Early Friday before the opening session, a wispy trail of men — mostly white, college-through-retirement-age — waited for the doors to open outside of this Veterans of Foreign Wars outpost in suburban Detroit. One man talked about his ex-wife. A lot of guys talked about their ex-wives. Ex-wives and ex-girlfriends were often cited as the catalysts to these men’s realizations that the world had become a hostile and dangerous place for males. Such realizations are what activists sometimes call “red pill moments,†and although attendees coalesced around different issues — paternity fraud, circumcision, false rape allegations — the binding theme was that almost everyone here had experienced a version of a red pill moment.

In the months leading up to the International Conference on Men’s Issues, much of the rest of the country hunkered down on discussions of gender: a White House task force studied sexual assaults on college campuses. A shooter in Santa Barbara, Calif., killed two women and four men because, he said in a manifesto and video posted before his attack, he believed women had unjustly withheld affection from him. A #YesAllWomen campaign highlighted broader experiences of misogyny.

At the ICMI, where about 200 participants had preordered tickets, there was a parallel discussion of gender issues: Men, attendees believed, were the ones under threat of attack. This conference was their response, their rallying call to action.

“Men are second-class citizens,†said Gary Costanza, a pleasant gray-haired man from Long Island. He was particularly interested in divorce issues, saying that custody should always be split and financial child support should not exist. He just wanted the same rights as everyone else.

That’s all any of them said they wanted. The same rights as the “privileged women,†as various attendees described the female gender. The entitled, increasingly “narcissistic women.†That’s all.

Over the course of two days:

One speaker postulated that women are responsible for all domestic violence because, having all the power in relationships, they could simply choose not to marry violent men.

The social media coordinator for the conference — employing an unorthodox method for raising more attention to the group’s issues — tweeted out a message calling a dissenter a “fame whore.â€

Men were moved, deeply, by feelings of belonging and understanding they felt had been missing in their lives.

Do you think that if we offered them some land, say in a manly wilderness, they'd go and set up their own MRA country- no girlz allowed?

Financial child support should not exist? Who the hell is going to pay to feed, shelter, clothe, and educate the child? I agree that the cost should be split between both parents, but from what I've seen, a lot of non-custodial parents try to shirk their responsibilities unless mandated by a court of law. There's a reason child support exists.

If a guy doesn't want to pay child support, he shouldn't get someone pregnant. Problem solved!

Is it just me or is it funny that one of them had the last name Costanza??

No, I had the same thought! And his first name starts with a G!

Financial child support should not exist? Who the hell is going to pay to feed, shelter, clothe, and educate the child? I agree that the cost should be split between both parents, but from what I've seen, a lot of non-custodial parents try to shirk their responsibilities unless mandated by a court of law. There's a reason child support exists.

If a guy doesn't want to pay child support, he shouldn't get someone pregnant. Problem solved!

There are issues with child support that need fixed. The answer, however, is not eliminating child support.

Is it true that non-payment of child support by the NRP can result in a prison term in the States?

Over here the CSA (or whatever they've been called now) are now CHARGING the resident parent to pursue their claim for child support so another big FU women from the sodding Tories.

No, I had the same thought! And his first name starts with a G!

They really should have named this conference "The Airing of Grievances."

Is it true that non-payment of child support by the NRP can result in a prison term in the States?

Over here the CSA (or whatever they've been called now) are now CHARGING the resident parent to pursue their claim for child support so another big FU women from the sodding Tories.

It takes a lot to get to the point of being jailed. And the deadbeats have to be tracked down. Child support is a state matter so that contributes to the problem if the non-paying parent leaves the state. (It also means changes can be very complicated if the parents reside in different states as was the case for my brother and his ex). The father of one of my cousin's three children owes back child support for eight children, all with different mothers (all born in a three year period--one of my cousin's son's half siblings that he has a relationship with is a mere 7 weeks older than him--this guy was a gem), but has not been seen in this state's borders for nearly 17 years. My cousin's son is now 20, so it is pretty clear she is never going to see a dime.

got to love a bunch of baby men who have not become men yet. and like rockstars they have female groupies.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle ... =AG0003357

The feminists hadn’t shown up yet, but they could, at any moment, with their protest signs and screaming. The threat of them was an infuriating and exhilarating specter throughout the weekend, a symbol of the oppression facing the men’s rights activists who had gathered to meet for their inaugural conference.

I actually don't think there was a single protest during the whole thing. People might have thought they were stupid, but no one cared enough to physically protest it. Oppression at its finest.

Here's a picture of the well-attended event. blogs.metrotimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/DSC_0044.jpg

The paper streamers were my favorite part. Although the beige swag was also pretty snazzy. (Sadly, I can't find the pic of this.)

Archived