IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell delivered Andrew

Dru

Do you really think she's got a roommate? I didn't think hospitals did that anymore.

It depends on the age of the labor and delivery unit in my experience. Any L&D units built or remodeled in the last 15-20 years probably have all single rooms, but older ones might still have doubles.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They keep calling the baby 'Baby Max' in the postings and it's screwing me up thinking they are going to name this baby Max Maxwell. Maximillion Maxwell? Maxim Maxwell? Maximino Maxwell? Maxwell Steven Maxwell? Nothing like really getting in the good graces by doubling (tripling?) the names.

I don't like them, I don't want to give any impression of liking them. But I do give them credit for somebody being with her a great deal of the time; she has to be nervous and scared, so having family members there would be comforting. And they may have put Baby Boy first on the prayer list because his life is in more jeopardy than his mother's.

Provided she's an extrovert. As an introvert, I can't imagine anything worse than having someone constantly sitting next to me while I'm trying to process a difficult situation. (Though in fundie land, being an introvert isn't really allowed. Although neither is having lots of friends. It's an odd grey area they live in.)

They keep calling the baby 'Baby Max' in the postings and it's screwing me up thinking they are going to name this baby Max Maxwell. Maximillion Maxwell? Maxim Maxwell? Maximino Maxwell? Maxwell Steven Maxwell? Nothing like really getting in the good graces by doubling (tripling?) the names.

Nathan has always called all of the babies they are expecting "Baby Max". I actually think it's pretty cute -- it's tradition for them.

Provided she's an extrovert. As an introvert, I can't imagine anything worse than having someone constantly sitting next to me while I'm trying to process a difficult situation. (Though in fundie land, being an introvert isn't really allowed. Although neither is having lots of friends. It's an odd grey area they live in.)

I totally agree. I would lose my mind if I was surrounded by people while dealing with something like that.

When she was in the hospital with one of her other pregnancies, didn't Teri sit with her everyday and quiz Melanie on Bible passages? :roll:

So sorry, so fat, so in Europe with wonky internetz - just saw the Teri bible quiz with Mel has already been addressed ;)

When she was in the hospital with one of her other pregnancies, didn't Teri sit with her everyday and quiz Melanie on Bible passages? :roll:

The only thing I would say to someone who was sitting with me quizzing me on Bible verses while I am in the hospital with pregnancy complications is "Shut up or when I have this baby I will smack you in the face with the placenta"

In this hospital situation, Melanie has highly educated, worldly women attending her. Many of them may not even be Christian! Do the Maxwells think God put these "sinners" into the world just for the Maxwells benefit? At death, will these "sinning" professionals go to hell while the Maxwells go to heaven?

OK, I had PROM (Premature Rupture of Membrane aka early water break), much earlier in the game than this but-- I was flat on my back the whole time. WHen we read about zsu zsu (Mrs Pissisng Preacher's) pregancny, she said they had patched the placenta... when I had it, that was not an option. What I'm seeing in her pictures were not allowed when I was trying to salvage the pregnancy-- I was flat on my back, tilted up a bit for meals, but not ever sitting up as pictured. I had a lying down shower on a guerney, while they were hoping that the break might heal/reseal on its own.

Did she have a patch, like zsu zsu (sp?) did?

I am surprised they are letting her sit up that much.

The clothing looks like a shirt over her hospital gown.

RE People in the room doing bible quizzes. would not have happened in my lifetime. I didn't tell anyone other than my family and only them because I was supposed to be flying out with my sister that week. Inlaws never knew about this, nor did coworkers etc. The one other time I was admitted into a hospital, only husband (who was out of town) knew about it. When I"m sick, I don't want people around.

In this hospital situation, Melanie has highly educated, worldly women attending her. Many of them may not even be Christian! Do the Maxwells think God put these "sinners" into the world just for the Maxwells benefit? At death, will these "sinning" professionals go to hell while the Maxwells go to heaven?

Not to worry about those sinners. Before Melanie checks out of the hospital, they will have all been asked if they know where they are going when they die, been given a tract, and been asked how the Maxwells can pray for them. Guaranteed. And of course, that will be their first step to salvation.

Last one on Earth to defend the Maxwells, but let us just be glad they have enough sense to take her to a hospital! My intent is not to get a thread going on alternative treatment--just THANK YOU NATHAN for caing for your wife like a real man.

Did anyone else notice the Hello Kitty coloring pages on the wall next to Melanie's chart board?

Innnnnteresting.

Read the latest post. She talked about the Maxwells watching their kids. What about her family r they looking after her kids also.

After reading Melanie's post, I'm convinced that they are not going to stop. This has happened before! Everything will be fine!

I think the baby's name will be Daniel Nathan Maxwell.

Maybe they will start over with an "A" for the boys. Adam, Aaron.... (Because, in their minds, they will have more boys and girls.)

Does there come a time when Samaritan "health care" says Enough!?

How much $$$ has this family racked up in medical charges?

With each baby, except for, I think Christina, Mełanie was in the hospital several weeks and some of the babies required the NICU.

They must have requested 10s of thousands (over $100,000?) by now.

And what about just regular office visits for the whole family? Those must be out of pocket, no?

How do these families not go broke?

Does there come a time when Samaritan "health care" says Enough!?

How much $$$ has this family racked up in medical charges?

With each baby, except for, I think Christina, Mełanie was in the hospital several weeks and some of the babies required the NICU.

They must have requested 10s of thousands (over $100,000?) by now.

And what about just regular office visits for the whole family? Those must be out of pocket, no?

How do these families not go broke?

Per the article about Samaritan Ministries that profiles their family, they've amassed more than $200,000 in medical bills. And this was in 2011, before Christina was born.

I also don't understand how they can shun standard insurance policies because they don't want to support people who make poor health choices with their diet or smoking, but be totally okay with other people having to pay so much for their continually problematic pregnancies. Makes me wonder how many Samaritan Ministries customers are Quiverful?

ETA: Here's the article: khi.org/news/2011/may/23/faith-based-sharing-plans-help-many-kansans-cover/

(It really made me see how judgmental Nathan and Melanie really are. They might not be Steve, but they've still got the smugness down.)

Last one on Earth to defend the Maxwells, but let us just be glad they have enough sense to take her to a hospital! My intent is not to get a thread going on alternative treatment--just THANK YOU NATHAN for caing for your wife like a real man.

Very true. Anyone remember that family we used to follow back in the day where the wife was having all sorts of complications with her pregnancy and the only "professional" she saw was an unlicensed midwife? IIRC, the woman's name was Carrie and their home business was some type of butt cloths that you were supposed to keep in a bucket next to the toilet. Or something like that. It's been quite a few years and I've forgotten the details. But anyway, with all the crazy that goes on in Maxhell, at least they go to real doctors when something is wrong.

Here's a family pic with carri from April

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=215572738652145&id=100005982612192&set=a.108566956019391.1073741824.100005982612192&source=48

So, based on Samaritan's rules of membership, Doug Phillips and Gothard would qualify for their services. Do these people not have a problem funding THAT kind of lifestyle?!?

Also, I love how Nathan is quoted as saying he believes in personal responsibility while he lets others pay for his astronomical medical bills. By the time Melanie returns home this time she could have amassed close to half a million dollars worth of medical bills over all her pregnancies. It just doesn't scream "personal responsibility" to me when they let others take on that expense. Not t mention the disregard for her personal health each time she carries a child.

Archived