IGNORED

Your Marriage is a Fraud

polecat

According to this dude, anyway.

donalgraeme.wordpress.com/2014/06/14/what-we-mean-by-marriage/

If you didn't marry to repopulate the earth with god-babies, submit to your husband in all things (cuz you have to be straight), hang a "24/7" neon sign over your vagina, etc., then your marriage is a total fraud and affront to all those right-thinking people who do have real marriages.

:roll:

Having a good giggle at conservative marriage being infected with feminist thought.

Like "Oh no; how dare women actually ask to be happy in their married relationships. How ever will men get their rocks off without someone to do it for them?"

Traditional marriage often stipulates that you can pawn your daughter off for two pigs and a goat. Maybe a cow if she's really something. His post sure doesn't discuss dowry and forced marriages. I'm guessing he's probably conveniently leaving that part out?

If a real marriage is as he says, then I'll take my fraudulent marriage, thank you very much. I wonder if he realizes that if all marriages were run like that, there would hardly be any marriages at all. I certainly would never have gotten married if I knew I'd loose not only my freedom, but also bodily autonomy. Screw that shit.

Donalgraeme is one of Sunshine Mary's leghumpers. He started his own blog to continue her misogynist rants when she deleted her original blog. When she came back, he continued to blog on his own.

He is fixated on the idea that Christian women are obligated to have sex 24/7 and that there is no such thing as marital rape. He and a few other Sunshine Mary fans (Deep Strength, and Free Northerner) devote entire posts to it.

Man Boobz recently called Free Northerner to task for suggesting that marital rape only hurts women emotionally b/c the evil feminists have convinced them that they are being violated. If it weren't for feminists women would have no idea that it's wrong for a husband to have sex without his wife's consent, according to this idiot.

Not surprisingly, none of these dudes are married and they all complain about chaste Christian virgins being as rare as unicorns and about women in general being disinterested in them.

I'll let others comment on Christianity, but in Judaism, there are historical texts (over 800 years old) showing detailed discussions of permissible birth control methods, banning forced sex between husband and wife, and even banning sex with a wife who is asleep or intoxicated. There are also texts with detailed descriptions of required marriage contracts, intended to protect wives in the event of death or divorce, which are at least 1,500 years old (and possibly older, since the texts existed for hundreds of years as an oral tradition before being written down).

A Greek woman's dowry worked a little differently than a dowry in the royal courts of Western Europe. Property was put in a woman's name as STAYED in the woman's name after marriage. It was essentially her insurance in the case of death or divorce (Eastern Orthodox have been allowed divorce since the 5th century) and a promissory note to future grandchildren. Traditionally abstinence within marriage (living together as "brother and sister") was an acceptable, Orthodox approved route to either space children or prevent their conception for health or money issues. The only scenario it was forbidden in was to keep the marriage purposely childless.

Oh, and women could/can initiate ecclesiastical divorce. I am not familiar with church laws surrounding the issue of marital rape, but their is a pretty big cultural bias that prevents men from bragging about taking a woman by force, especially the wife. It is considered beneath the macho pride of a man to have to force a woman to his bed. Nothing to do with the rights of women, unfortunately, but the MRA insistence of having women not in the mood submitting to you is considered a disgrace to your Y chromosome.

So yeah, the MRA homeboys have no idea how nuanced relations and the expectations around marriage and divorce have been for centuries even in very traditional societies. No one is ever going to accuse Greece or Eastern Orthodoxy to be hotbeds of feminist practice, and still the MRAs would consider the woman too liberated. :roll:

Archived