IGNORED

Sister Wives

luckylassie

I didn't know this before but it appears that Janelle was once married to Merri's brother but divorced him in 1988. I guess that her and Merri are friendly now but I read a snippet that said there was tension in their friendship in the beginning due to the fact that Janelle initiated the divorce. I took it with a grain of salt though. What was kind of interesting is the fact that first Janelle had merri's brother and then she "married" her husband.

I would think that four women sharing one hubby would be a recipe for some major envy. The wives were not completely thrilled when Robyn came into the picture. Now that they're adding another kid to the mix, I wonder how that will work out.

I had no idea that Janelle was married to her brother! AH! I mean, even though it's not blood, it still squicks me out a bit. Their family tree is a wreath.

I don't think it can ever be said better than one poster did on TWoP: "Their family tree is a wreath."

I really like the idea of polygamous families, frankly, as well as the idea of having quite a few kids amongst more than the usual number of adults (I like large families done right!) so I wish we could see a family that's a bit ... nicer? The fact that there are tensions and balances is normal in ANY family, but the dodgy tax stuff, Kody being a bit of a tool, and the intertwined families isn't inevitable for polygamous families. They're not too bad, is what I'm saying, I just want a perfect happy family to fulfill my every interest.

• 2 years later...

My apologies if there is a thread already for this, I couldn't find it.

Anyone watching? I cannot believe TLC renewed them. It makes me fairly certain that Sobbin Robyn is pregnant.

The business plan storyline is going to make me insane, haven't we heard enough of this already. No one wants to buy their crap. Their few fans bought stuff when the "store" opened but now it's all dried up. These are five adults with no jobs, and a bunch of kids. :cray-cray: :angry-banghead:

I missed the start of the new season. I don't know if Robin is pregnant but she wants a baby according to the promo. As usual Janelle is making threats to be done with everything.

How bad am I for watching this (and other reality train wreck shows) so I don't feel like such a loser? Please don't answer that LOL. I watched the reruns of last season yesterday - all I could think was :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Though Janelle is looking really great. I almost put a brick through my TV wan Kody had the brass kahonnas to say on-camera about how much more physical they are now.

But hey it's back for new shows so between Sister Wives and Breaking Amish my Sunday nights won't be boring.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to this forum, but I've been floating around the IFB survivor world for quite awhile now.

Just throwing it out there, because I'm damn proud of my family. I have a plural marriage. I married both my kid's fathers, and I have a long term boyfriend who we haven't ceremoniously added to our mix, but he is still a daily part of it.

Archived