IGNORED

Kendal adoption video

Melissa1977

Maybe it has been already posted, but:

hamptonshomecoming.wordpress.com/hamptons-story/

You can see a video with Mr. Rich talking and talking about adoption.

Poor little boy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah she was forcing that poor baby to adhere to HER schedule when he was only eight weeks old. How old is he now I wonder?

I'm sorry, but when I hear Hampton all I can think of is the pig from Tiny Toon Adventures

OMG "Hampton is what gets aborted"

Just one of the horrific, entitled and predatory statements in that one blog post.

NO, Hampton is not what gets aborted, NO hospitals do NOT choose the adoption agency for a birthmother, they choose for themselves while they are still pregnant. Very rarely does a birthmother show up at a hospital knowing she wants to place for adoption but having not contacted an agency herself.

They were thrilled his was bi-racial? What a racist and collector statement. No, the child is NOT a prize. He is a human being. Shall we collect one of every color now, so that it will open even more doors to share the gospel to the darkie heathens????

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

I haven't looked at the video yet, but when I read the thread title, my stomach knotted up. Poor, poor kid.

Because it can't be shared often enough: Kendal Rich is a child abuser.

post-418-14451998907285_thumb.jpg

"After a day of discipline"

The implication from her blog is that she & her husband spent the entire day spanking (abusing/beating) her children and then the children must express gratitude for the abuse.

These children are learning that to simply survive, they must pretend gratitude. I'll never believe that this truly came from the heart of a child.

I can't find the right words to express how I feel, but so profoundly horrible for these children.

I'll bet as they grow, they'll come to feel terror on the days that daddy is home from work, because discipline.

Children love their parents, even the abusive ones. I can absolutely believe a child said that to their parent after being spanked all day long. These parents have taught that child that being hit is equated with being loved. Therefore, she wants to please and be loved by her parents. She is also learning that love is conditional, and that love comes with pain. Perfect way to start ingraining a fetish, since I cannot imagine they will stop when these kids start sexually maturing given their mentality about it. It's also a perfect way to raise a child who will loath herself more than she will love herself, because afterall parental love was tied up in loathing and if really and truly she had been good enough then the love they gave her wouldn't have come mingled with the pain and abuse.

I'm not even one of those people who wants to outlaw spanking, and honestly on a rare occasion I do spank. However, I consider spanking one tool in the parenting toolbox, and frankly if I have pulled that tool out I consider that a sign that I'm not being a very effective parent and need to back up and figure out a better way to approach my children. If the only way I am reaching my child is b inflicting pain, then I'm failing, plain and simple. The idea that self worth and faith and everything else is tied up in both the pain AND the denial of anything but gratitude and love back at the parent for that pain is what makes it abusive and disgusting.

I know it's tough to name your kid well with certain last names -- and my husband has always said he would never name a daughter anything like Sandy or Candy or something that could be badly paired with the wrong noun if she were to get married one day (we've both known people that happened to).

However...there are plenty of names that work out fine with "Rich" as a last name. Naming your son after a place where rich people stereotypically live, on the other hand... I bet their next kids will be Portia, Mercedes, Caviar, Diamond, and Goldie.

Also, how is this poor boy going to feel when he reads this and sees that his mom didn't want to adopt? Sure, sometimes one half of a couple comes around slower -- but to put that on the internet forever?

Oh yeah she was forcing that poor baby to adhere to HER schedule when he was only eight weeks old. How old is he now I wonder?

Fundies will do anything they can to get out of actually parenting. Babywise (forcing babies onto the schedule an adult wants) is DANGEROUS. Babies don't cry just to annoy us. They're hungry, cold, hot, wet, scared, in pain, or even sometimes just need to know they haven't been abandoned. Forcing babies to adult-convenient scheduled has resulted in severe dehydration and other hard. If you can't put up with a baby crying at 2am, you've got no goddamned business having a baby.

OMG "Hampton is what gets aborted"

Just one of the horrific, entitled and predatory statements in that one blog post.

NO, Hampton is not what gets aborted, NO hospitals do NOT choose the adoption agency for a birthmother, they choose for themselves while they are still pregnant. Very rarely does a birthmother show up at a hospital knowing she wants to place for adoption but having not contacted an agency herself.

They were thrilled his was bi-racial? What a racist and collector statement. No, the child is NOT a prize. He is a human being. Shall we collect one of every color now, so that it will open even more doors to share the gospel to the darkie heathens????

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

I don't even know what that mean, "Hampton is what gets aborted."

And who the hell told them the hospitals decide the agencies? No, they do NOT. If a mother doesn't want to take her baby home, social services steps in. Hospitals do NOT have the authority to send a baby to an adoption agency.

the Riches were thrilled Hampton was bi-racial. They knew it would open the door for them to share with others.

In other words, strangers can tell they adopted, and admire and praise them for it.

Because it can't be shared often enough: Kendal Rich is a child abuser.

I knew these people sounded familiar. I always felt sick that they beat their kids so severely so often that the kids see it as training. Not a punishment, a consequence for misbehavior, but training. These people want their kids to be happy while being beaten all day long. Not a swat to the butt, but beaten and told to pray all goddamned day long.

Their desire now is for their kids to adopt someday, so instead of asking them “how many children do you want to have when you grow up?â€, they also ask, “How many do you want to adopt?â€

So much wrong with this. How many kids you want to have doesn't mean how many kids do you want to share your DNA. I know people who want kids yet they don't want to conceive any. They want to have kids, and the METHOD is adoption. Having kids isn't the method.

By asking, "How many kids to you want to adopt?" they're sending the difference that there's a difference between biological kids and adopted kids, and by setting up the expectation to adopt, the bio-kids may feel that they are somehow inferior, and feel guilty if they conceive any, which is likely to happen if NFP is all that's allowed in their eyes.

the hospital where Hampton was born does not work with Christian adoption agencies.

They don't work with adoption agencies period. It's not their job. It's the birthmother's job.

In other words, strangers can tell they adopted, and admire and praise them for it.

Exactly what I was thinking. I really, really do not understand the adoption as ministry thing. It's not a ministry, they are people, children, not things. They do not exist for you to feed your ego. Go fuck yourself, Daniel and Kendal and free Evie, Kapri, Brinley, Sebastian, and Hampton.

I don't remember where I read this (I think it had to do with the memoir of a black man who was adopted by a well-meaning white family as a child), but there is a great deal of wisdom in the saying, "Your child should not be your first black friend."

They were thrilled he was bi-racial because it would open the door for them to share with others? So in other words he is just a prop for them. I pity this child.

OMG : :?

"...But she was thankful. Thankful that she was loved so much by her father wouldn't let her continue on a path that leads to destruction."

I'm sorry but that's fucked up. She's six for goodness sake. I just saw an episode just like this on TV this weekend. It was A Family Affair and Jodie thought because Uncle Bill wouldn't beat him he wasn't loved. Good news, Uncle Bill is smarter than these people. Bad news, Uncle Bill is fictional, and they're not.

I thought I couldn't hate this cunt any more than I already did--but now I do. I swear to God, I was more excited about painting my dining room than she was about adopting this poor baby. Hell, she couldn't even be arsed to LOOK at him during a 13-minute video.

Preaching to the choir here, but here goes:

• In the real world, ten months is NOT an eternity to wait to adopt a healthy infant.
  • If you can't afford the expenses of adopting a child, it means you can't afford to raise said child.
  • If you have to wait for The Lord Jesus to come down and sock you over the head with the desire to do so, you aren't a good candidate for adoptive parenting.
  • SO many Christian[tm][/tm] catch phrases--and fuck all about loving children and meeting their needs.

And I can't help thinking about Katherine Joyce's book about the reality behind both domestic and international adoptions.

The name Hampton makes me think of Lionel Hampton the jazz musician. I doubt that Ken-dull knows who that is (to be fair, I don't think that Lionel Hampton was as famous as other jazz musicians).

ETA: Kendal is an asshole.

My Lord, this Kendal sounds like a bitch. I feel sorry for Hampton (as well as her other kids).

Ugh. She was talking about adopting when her blog was still public. I was hoping it was just talk. What a shame.

She's the one who canceled Christmas presents 'cause it's Jesus' birthday, not the kid's birthdays, right? Such a joyful person :roll:

Plus, the really exciting part about all this is that you can give Daniel and Kendal MONEY!

The Wait is Over! Hampton is Here!

After a very long wait, Hampton is home in the arms of his new parents Daniel and Kendal Rich.

Check around this site to find some creative ways you can participate in defraying the overwhelming financial costs that this adoption has incurred. There are lots of neat ideas, and every little bit will be a huge blessing to the Rich’s.

Because I have heard it, especially in Christian adoption circles who pursue domestic infant adoptions and attempt to convince themselves that their adoption pursuits are how they live their pro-life stance, I know what she means when she says "Hampton is what is aborted."

She means that if they had not been there to rescue him for certain death, Hampton would have been killed by an uncaring, unfeeling woman who didn't deserve the pregnancy she found herself knocked up with.

Of course, it's garbage. This child's birthmother made an adoption plan and sought out an adoption agency. She didn't seek out an abortion at ALL. Furthermore, that statement completely contradicts and degrades the claims about how his birthmother loves him.

it's Christian speak TM meant to show how much better Christians Kendall and her husband are than anyone else because *gasp* they took in a poor, nearly aborted bi-racial baby.

It's utter horse shit. It is not longer the color of a child's skin that drives newborn adoptions in the US, but that they are healthy. Yes, it is still significantly harder to find adoptive homes for children with significant special needs. However, the reason Kendall had to wait 10 months was specifically because of how many infertile couples are DESPERATE to adopt a healthy infant in this country far surpasses the number of health newborns being placed for adoption. Those infertile couples rarely care about color of skin anymore, and if they do then they are FINE with bi-racial almost all of the time.

Kendall and her family pushed through the line and waited until a mother was so heartbroken at losing her child that she just could not bring herself to shop for new parents and asked the agency to do it FOR her before they finally got picked, undoubtably by a social worker who feel so sorry for them, and who saw a chance to get the match made without losing a family getting impatient due to the long wait they had experienced (because gosh 10 months when you started when your own infant was three months old is SUCH a long wait, why that's nearly the same as the wait if you had actually gotten pregnant).

The only redeeming quality I see in any of that drivel is that Kendall sounds very firmly that she got her exotic baby to make her husband happy and she's done now. Please, please let her be DONE with her good deed for the martyr series.

chaotic life, I am eternally grateful to Kathryn Joyce for her book "The Child Catchers," and to you for your first-hand insight into the adoption trade. That book, and "The Girls Who Went Away," were genuine eye-openers.

Archived