IGNORED

Lourdes & Nolan Manteufel - Doug Phillips lawsuit - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Part 1: http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=21549

Would anyone care to post a summary of the latest happenings?

Pro-patriarchy vs. anti-patriarchy flame war. Nolan challenges some of the better-known fundie figureheads, with a variety of entertaining responses. Vision Forum apologists abandoning ship, in keeping with one of their favourite events (with no pretense of "women and children first"--it's every Calvinist for him/herself).

Doug Phillips is still a tool.

Pro-patriarchy vs. anti-patriarchy flame war. Nolan challenges some of the better-known fundie figureheads, with a variety of entertaining responses. Vision Forum apologists abandoning ship, in keeping with one of their favourite events (with no pretense of "women and children first"--it's every Calvinist for him/herself).

Just to add - a Facebook page, "Together We Overcome: Supporting Lourdes Torres Manteufel," has been established. Lots of love and support can be found there. :romance-grouphug:

Posting here just so I can follow along. I unfortunately have to more updates other than the above summaries!

Forever and ever.

Just to add - a Facebook page, "Together We Overcome: Supporting Lourdes Torres Manteufel," has been established. Lots of love and support can be found there. :romance-grouphug:

You can post a link to the facebook page. I don't have it handy right at the moment, but it is liked on the FJ facebook page if people are looking for it.

"Every Calvinist for him/herself," heh-heh! heh-heh!

That was brilliant, Don't Panic. :lol:

This entire Vision Forum scenario just exposes the BS that is beneath the concept of women and children first. It was always a statement used to control women and make men feel good. Women are taught that if they act in certain ways, their men would reward them by dying for them if the occasion arose. Of course, the chance of being called to die for someone is highly unlikely but women have to submit and deny their own selves every single day. Now we see that most of these guys can't even be trusted to support an abuse victim if it means that they(the men) will face any type of scorn from their communities.

That was brilliant, Don't Panic. :lol:

This entire Vision Forum scenario just exposes the BS that is beneath the concept of women and children first. It was always a statement used to control women and make men feel good. Women are taught that if they act in certain ways, their men would reward them by dying for them if the occasion arose. Of course, the chance of being called to die for someone is highly unlikely but women have to submit and deny their own selves every single day. Now we see that most of these guys can't even be trusted to support an abuse victim if it means that they(the men) will face any type of scorn from their communities.

Yes, when they praise a woman for being sacrificial, they are praising her for dying to herself every single day.

That one is great. I wish I could do a "Keep Calm and Leave Patriarchy" Meme to go along.

I'd buy that in bumper sticker form!!!

Nolan has a new post on Facebook, an article DP wrote about how to leave a church. He has highlighted parts where DP talks about honor. I guess pointing about the hypocrisy?

He also posted something along the lines of "If a Bell rings rings in the wilderness, nobody will hear it". Maybe a reference to Beall?

Truthfully I usually don't understand his cryptic posts. I guess that is the point, he doesn't intend for non friends to understand. He sure did piss off Peter ' s family. Lol It is comical. But the same time, that is interesting as well, because from my outsider pov I would think Peter & Nolan are on the same side- against DP. That doesn't appear to the case at all.

Yeah, I thought it was a reference to Beall, but what does it mean?

Pure speculation: Doug & family are moving to the middle of nowhere and

Nolan is worried for her.

Lucky for us Nolan keeps his Facebook page public, at least some it. Probably for his enemy stalkers, but his supporter stalkers benefit.

Truthfully I usually don't understand his cryptic posts. I guess that is the point, he doesn't intend for non friends to understand. He sure did piss off Peter ' s family. Lol It is comical. But the same time, that is interesting as well, because from my outsider pov I would think Peter & Nolan are on the same side- against DP. That doesn't appear to the case at all.

Maybe he blames Peter for letting DP get away with his antics for so long? I still have a feeling that there's a great deal that hasn't come out about this mess.

Oy, Curious? Over here! :greetings-wavingblue:

These would be great additions fo the FJ Swag collection. That is still going, right? http://www.zazzle.com/freejinger

It is. I'll add that to my to do list. That's a great one!

Curious, my mind's happily reeling with what graphic you'll put at the top of the "Keep Calm" item, where the crown goes at the top of the original "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters.

A crown with a "no" slash through it?

An open book?

What icon says "leaving patriarchy" behind?

....think think think think think

Curious, my mind's happily reeling with what graphic you'll put at the top of the "Keep Calm" item, where the crown goes at the top of the original "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters.

A crown with a "no" slash through it?

An open book?

What icon says "leaving patriarchy" behind?

....think think think think think

Maybe a frumper floating onto a bonfire?

No-nonsense! I like it.

I'm also thinking – maybe a dented crown, on its side?

Or the male & female stick figures, with = between them, and they're the same height? Okay, the height is negotiable. Might have more impact if the woman is a little shorter. ;)

Oh God. I saw a fist punching a uterus, like... no more slave to baby-making? I'm sorry.

Archived