IGNORED

All things design, decorating and DIY

I didn't post in Quiverfull of Hobbies as this thread is not so much about what you actually produce but about ogling pretty, pretty blogs and having heated discussions on the topic of chevron: yay or nay?

So what are your favourite design blogs? Your most annoying decorating trends (did I hear anyone mention chevrons)? Your most coveted rooms in Houzz.com? Any advice on how to paint a perfectly rectangular living room with only one patio door facing south, so part of the room is flooded with light and the rest is in deep shade?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you a Houzzer, too, Aunt Cloud? I don't read nearly as many design blogs as I should. I do check out Sarah Richardson site every now and then and I love RetroRenovation! I've noticed that there are several other people on Houzz that also tend to hang out at RetroRenovation. I love how there's been several recent threads about trends you want to be over and things you'd never have in your home.

Btw, I just read in Robert Wagner's new book "You Must Remember This" that he used to live in Cliif May #3. Cliff remodeled the house for Bob and Jill St John in the early 80s. He had no idea when he bought the house that it was so iconic.

Houzz is a rabbit hole that has the capacity to suck up my entire life, work and school and all the rest. I'm torn between ogling all the insane designs out there and simply focusing on what *I* like for my own future house - current house is small and inadequate for our needs, and any serious money put into it won't be gained back when I sell. The important things such as no garage, not enough windows, no office/guest room and a tiny kitchen nook in which to cram our one and only kitchen table can't be fixed since it's a townhouse.

I'll check out the other sites in your post. How come everyone seems to have tons and tons of gorgeous natural light in their house? I have exactly one patio door facing south and a kitchen window and a glass pane by the front door facing north, and it almost never seems to be enough light streaming into the first floor.

• 2 years later...

Archived