IGNORED

J'Slaves on CBN.com

actuallyjessica

Every time I hear one of them use "purpose" as a verb it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Me too! Same with 'Laid it on my heart." My mom calls it christianese.

Every time I hear one of them use "purpose" as a verb it's like nails on a chalkboard.

me to. Also, what drives me nuts it the use of "and, sooooooo, you know" when they are doing the talking heads. Good God, take a breath and think of what you are going to say.

Oh, and when they say "us girls" It drives me crazy. Why can't they say the girls?

"The Lord has just laid it on my heart to purpose to spend more time in sweet fellowship with my sweet sweet friends & sisters in Christ! What a sweet blessing!!"

Dear lord, could that have been any more SCRIPTED?

I did like that the interviewer addressed each girl individually with a question or two, so we didn't just hear from Jill.

It also bugs me when the girls say "so....yeah"

Dear lord, could that have been any more SCRIPTED?

I did like that the interviewer addressed each girl individually with a question or two, so we didn't just hear from Jill.

It also bugs me when the girls say "so....yeah"

I tend to say "so yeah" a lot. But that's because I have this problem where halfway through my idea, my brain had moved onto something else and I forgot what I was even saying.

"Always be encouraging" is one that grates on my nerves.

I tend to say "so yeah" a lot. But that's because I have this problem where halfway through my idea, my brain had moved onto something else and I forgot what I was even saying.

You probably aren't doing it while speaking formally like on a lefture or on tv either. The Duggars should be more used to speaking on tv than they are now.

But you are not on TV speaking (that I know of....lol)

People get nervous in front of cameras, especially when they have to talk to a camera. Most people can't do it well without being trained. I doubt the Duggar kids had any substantial training beyond being fed scripted lines for the talking heads. The rest is natural so it's not surprising you get 'so yeah', and, 'aaaaand so', and nervous laughter and so on.

It takes a LOT of training to get rid of verbal tics when public speaking, and growing up on a "reality" show won't cut it. The vast majority of us would default to "umm" and "so...", etc. when speaking in front of a camera without that training, even if if we're extremely knowledgeable of the subject at hand. The Duggars aren't knowledgeable about anything except pickles and tater tot casserole, what can we expect?

You probably aren't doing it while speaking formally like on a lefture or on tv either. The Duggars should be more used to speaking on tv than they are now.

I've done theatre and public speaking most of my life. I am more than comfortable admitting that if I don't have a script and it's not 100% memorized, I will stumble. It has nothing to do with comfort level.

I feel bad for the Duggar kids. I'm one of those who can write a speech, but can't make one to save my life. Imagine having no say in whether or not cameras are shoved in your face all the time and then always having to speak on cue...I'd be so flustered and would sound much worse than they do.

I feel bad for the Duggar kids. I'm one of those who can write a speech, but can't make one to save my life. Imagine having no say in whether or not cameras are shoved in your face all the time and then always having to speak on cue...I'd be so flustered and would sound much worse than they do.

And you know that there have to be some of the kids that just don't like being on camera, and having to be "on" so much. They have no choice, dad makes all of the decisions. I doubt that they feel as if they can really be honest about how they feel about many things, this just being one of them. Their heart to heart talks, sure sound more like inquisitions, then a child being able to be open with their parents. And it wouldn't matter anyway, JimBoob is going to make all of the decisions anyway. It just doesn't seem to me that he takes into account the kids emotional health too much (if at all).

If someone stuck a camera in my face and asked me what my NAME is, I'd sound like an idiot.

"The Lord has just laid it on my heart to purpose to spend more time in sweet fellowship with my sweet sweet friends & sisters in Christ! What a sweet blessing!!"

You forgot to add precious and encouragement!

Who ever did their make-up did a really good job. Michelle certainly has mastered her plastered on smile.

I would think any one who follows the Duggars would know by now the different between courting and dating.

Some of the Duggar kids seem to enjoy the camera more than others and I see it as a function of both personality and birth order. Jackson and younger were filmed being born so they've always been around the media, fans, and so on. I'd be surprised if any of the kids younger than the boy twins can much remember life before TLC, so they also don't have outside context to compare to. The older kids have memories of limited resources, stricter discipline, and no film crews. They're the ones I see as most likely to be uncomfortable being filmed, though there are exceptions such as Josh.

I also feel bad for the kids. Whether or not they're comfortable with the camera and lifestyle, they have to deal with it. Nineteen kids, approximately 10 years of the show and meeting contractual obligations, and I can't remember ever hearing one of the kids saying they don't like it or don't want to. What, I wonder, would happen if one of them did?

Some of the Duggar kids seem to enjoy the camera more than others and I see it as a function of both personality and birth order. Jackson and younger were filmed being born so they've always been around the media, fans, and so on. I'd be surprised if any of the kids younger than the boy twins can much remember life before TLC, so they also don't have outside context to compare to. The older kids have memories of limited resources, stricter discipline, and no film crews. They're the ones I see as most likely to be uncomfortable being filmed, though there are exceptions such as Josh.

I also feel bad for the kids. Whether or not they're comfortable with the camera and lifestyle, they have to deal with it. Nineteen kids, approximately 10 years of the show and meeting contractual obligations, and I can't remember ever hearing one of the kids saying they don't like it or don't want to. What, I wonder, would happen if one of them did?

I'm concerned about the younger kids and what they're going to do when the show ends. The film crew is family to them. I imagine that the departure of the film crew is going to be extremely distressing (like it was for the Gosselin kids).

*edited cause my originally phrasing wasn't what I meant*

• 2 months later...

Laughing at how they had to STRESS the fact that their mom and dad spend quality time with each child. Their answers seemed a too little scripted to me! :roll:

They should have hired the makeup people from CBN for the wedding!

not sure if posted:

http://youtu.be/vr0dXfQQfNU

http://youtu.be/kvgLaujchzk

contains your usual parroted answers, while j'chelle looks on nervously thinking "stay on script, jinger"

bonus j'chelle house tour from 2011:

YES!!! She doesn't look relaxed and proud, like "I trust these girls, I've raised them right [because freaking HELLLOOO they are ADULTS]." She looks like "Come on, say what I coached ya. Come on, we worked on this answer. Yep, nailed it!" She honest to God looks like a COACH rather than a self-satisfied, I know these chicks 'cuz I raise 'em up right mama hen. It's so so sad :(

The other thing that is bothering me is how Jessa keeps calling the opposite sex "Guys". You are an adult. They are men. When you call them guys it sounds completely immature.

And we aren't fundie in the least and despite us being exposed to the heathens in Hollywood, my kids still know how to be respectful to their elders and use appropriate language toward them.

UGH.

Archived