IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

In the other thread, it was noted that she had accepted responsibility for her role in the affair. After reading the excerpts at RWW, I'm not sure she actually had any culpability.

Interesting but not surprising she blamed/blames herself after all those years in BCA.

This was my first thought when I read the excerpts too. But the patriarchal culture she was living in would make it especially hard to not blame herself.

These encounters were forced on her, he sought her out to do these things to her and while not meeting the technical definition of rape, it gets pretty close.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what horrifies me? Doug's resignation letter from Tool-o'-ween says:

I engaged in a lengthy, inappropriate relationship with a woman. While we did not “know†each other in a Biblical sense, it was nevertheless inappropriately romantic and affectionate.

If that describes a "romantic and affectionate" relationship, God help everyone else in his life.

If you google Lourdes Manteufel Facebook, you'll find her profile. It says she's married to Nolan Manteufel. Also, in the legal complaint and the article about it, they identify her as Torres-Manteufel.

Thanks!

Nolan and Hero, Congratulations and Best Wishes from myself and Mr EF!!!!

However, I read the WND article and now want to puke... (mind-blowing stress headache) Breaking through that mental prison she was in all those years was not easy... but I'm so impressed that she had the strength to do so. And Nolan's support! Its not easy, I went through something like that myself a few years back, and its still a journey.. If anyone is questioning why she went along with it, try going through that type of abuse yourself and see how you can respond.... the comments at the end of the article.... :angry-banghead:

This was my first thought when I read the excerpts too. But the patriarchal culture she was living in would make it especially hard to not blame herself.

These encounters were forced on her, he sought her out to do these things to her and while not meeting the technical definition of rape, it gets pretty close.

Since the encounters were unwelcome and unsought, they're STILL rape.

I wish Hero and Nolan much happiness together, and I am praying for fortitude for both of them in dealing with whatever happens next.

Look what Spanky twatted just yesterday: "If we don't love perverts enough to let them hate us for lovingly telling them they hate God then we hate them and are lukewarm to Him."

twitter.com/rcsprouljr/status/455674301942071297

Please stop hating Doug and lovingly tell him he hates God, RC Jr.! His very soul may depend on it!

You know what horrifies me? Doug's resignation letter from Tool-o'-ween says:

If that describes a "romantic and affectionate" relationship, God help everyone else in his life.

How in the world can he claim that it was not biblical sex? I don't even know how anybody would justify that to themselves.

the comments at the end of the article.... :angry-banghead:

That's probably where westchamps is right now, busy dumping on Hero & telling everyone not to be too hasty in judging Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

I've just skimmed the 30-page complaint - my disgust is so great, I have no words. It says the abuse began when she was 15 years old. I want to cry.

How in the world can he claim that it was not biblical sex? I don't even know how anybody would justify that to themselves.

He's going on a technicality: no PIV. His version of the Clintonesqe "I did not have sex with that woman".

And "romantic and affectionate"? What he did? Ugh.

He's going on a technicality: no PIV. His version of the Clintonesqe "I did not have sex with that woman".

I thank God, for her sake, that Doug was too worried about impregnating her to force himself on her entirely. He makes me sick.

About as romantic and affectionate as your average subway groping or dirty movie.

Congrats to Hero and Nolan!

After reading the specifics in the court filing, I am just astounded at Hero's courage and strength to go public. I really don't understand how anyone thinks she was getting anything out of this "relationship" with DP. He was using her for his own sexual pleasure, and WND's description of her as a sex object is spot-on, in my opinion. DP very clearly gratified himself; she received no pleasure in these encounters.

Also, the kitchen incident in December... Just, wow. I cannot fathom any decent man assaulting a young woman in the kitchen with his children nearby. DP is obviously no decent man. I recall some earlier discussion that Beall or JTitus may have walked in on a latter incident. Could that have been the kitchen assualt?

Because when ToolOWeen happened, it was labeled a "relationship" - and we now can see from the filing that it was nothing of the kind. That word implies mutual consent and communication and it's now clear that there was no such thing, on any level. DOUG used the word "relationship" and Hero has been compelled on some level to admit that she was somehow complicit...and I even thought that, until this came out...because of the word relationship. A guy jerking off on a woman who does not want him to do so is committing sexual assault. That is not a relationship and Doug has been getting away with glorifying his predation with that word...And his wife...I have a new level of disgust for her. :(

I don't even know...the more I think about it the more mad this makes me. I'm so glad Hero and Nolan have found happiness together and I really hope they can continue to break free together. (also...the fact that CnD was talking about a "personal crisis" recently...have we resolved the question of whether or not he might be Nolan? ;-))

That's probably where westchamps is right now, busy dumping on Hero & telling everyone not to be too hasty in judging Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

Oh, I think WestChamps is commenting over there, I just haven't quite firgured out which are his comments!!

I thank God, for her sake, that Doug was too worried about impregnating her to force himself on her entirely. He makes me sick.

It may have been that, too.

My other question: why is Beall so willing to defend if he kept saying that she was going to die soon? That's just weird.

No peg A into slot B, is my guess.

Oh, I think WestChamps is commenting over there, I just haven't quite firgured out which are his comments!!

He will be the one that starts complaining about language ;)

After reading the lawsuit I have only one thing to say to Doug Phillips Who Is An Asshole: :angry-cussingblack:

Because when ToolOWeen happened, it was labeled a "relationship" - and we now can see from the filing that it was nothing of the kind. That word implies mutual consent and communication and it's now clear that there was no such thing, on any level. DOUG used the word "relationship" and Hero has been compelled on some level to admit that she was somehow complicit...and I even thought that, until this came out...because of the word relationship. A guy jerking off on a woman who does not want him to do so is committing sexual assault. That is not a relationship and Doug has been getting away with glorifying his predation with that word...And his wife...I have a new level of disgust for her. :(

I don't even know...the more I think about it the more mad this makes me. I'm so glad Hero and Nolan have found happiness together and I really hope they can continue to break free together. (also...the fact that CnD was talking about a "personal crisis" recently...have we resolved the question of whether or not he might be Nolan? ;-))

That's a good point about DPIAT's use of the word "relationship". It would create an idea, a framework in people's minds of what may have happened and would confine speculation around that rather than for what it was: harassment and assault. Then again, if this is DPIAT's idea of a "relationship"...oh dear god.

My other question: why is Beall so willing to defend if he kept saying that she was going to die soon? That's just weird.

Beall's role in all of this is very strange - somewhat of a victim-as-enabler of her dreadful husband. That email she sent Hero is just - no words, really.

As I see it, absent more info, not only is Beall stuck in the whole patriarchal bullshit system like a fly in a spider's web, but Doug Phillips Is A Tool alienated her from her family early on. She really doesn't have anyone to go to for help because their circle were/are all in Doug's orbit. It's also likely that she doesn't have a good relationship either with the Phillips, especially if she, along with Doug, tried to coerce his youngest sister to move in with them as was reported elsewhere here.

Then there are considerable financial incentives for her to keep it all going, somehow, even though the price is, at the least, tolerating Doug's loathsome crap as well as all the fallout from Hero's filing.

And then there are the children...

I have a request for Curious - it would be nice if on the post where you link the complaint itself on the first page, you could add that it can be triggering for survivors of molestation and rape. Thank you.

Try as I might, I cannot muster any sympathy for Beall. She is not a stupid woman. She was not raised in the patriarchal bullshit and she has a degree from William and Mary. She has critical thinking skills, however rusty and out of use they might be. She did not fall down the rabbit hole, she jumped in feet first. The success of VF meant $$$$$$, trips, adulation, fame in fundieland. She stayed with and continued to have children with a man whom she knew to be a philandering tool. I think she loved the life, the attention, and her position as Queen Bee in conservative homeschooling circles.

The children...I have great sympathy for, particularly the minor ones who cannot now run for the hills (which is what I would be doing were I J. Teefs or Justice...is Liberty 18 yet?).

Vision Forum now has a letter up on their Facebook page addressing the lawsuit.

What a fucking asshole. I hope no one prays for him to do anything but lose this case resoundingly.

Archived