IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where does is say they are married? Just see the pic on his facebook with congrats. No specifics..

She is referred to in the lawsuit as Mrs. Torres-Manteufel. They were married on April 11th.

Where does is say they are married? Just see the pic on his facebook with congrats. No specifics..

If you google Lourdes Manteufel Facebook, you'll find her profile. It says she's married to Nolan Manteufel. Also, in the legal complaint and the article about it, they identify her as Torres-Manteufel.

Wow - just finished this complaint on my lunch break and holy cow... That takes a LOT of courage. Congratulations to Hero for taking this huge step and on her marriage, and kudos to her now-husband and (seemingly) supportive and loving family for helping her on this journey.

If you google Lourdes Manteufel Facebook, you'll find her profile. It says she's married to Nolan Manteufel. Also, in the legal complaint and the article about it, they identify her as Torres-Manteufel.

Kim and Perry congratulated her on her FB page, interesting.

From the complaint:

He repeatedly told her she was a member of his family and that he would take care of her and she never needed to go to school or seek employment

opportunities apart from employment under his control.

um...creepy much? You are a member of my family...now let me rub my penis on you. :disgust:

I just read the complaint and am absolutely sickened by Doug Phillips, Beall Phillips, and Vision Forum. Doug Phillips is beyond a tool, he is an egotistical monster. I wish Hero & Noah a wonderful future & hope she will heal & move on from the abuse in time.

Wow! I am so proud of her for sticking it to him. I don't know if I could have done that in her situation. I wish her all the best!

From the complaint:

um...creepy much? You are a member of my family...now let me rub my penis on you. :disgust:

Seriously. I don't think I've ever seen the word "ejaculated" used so much in my life. :disgust: This was not a "romantic relationship," just a nasty, goatish old man taking advantage of a young woman he'd groomed since childhood. Now we see why the tool loved the Confederacy so much, as he obviously took a page from the antebellum sexual abuse of darker skinned workers playbook. This complaint shows what we all knew was true from the beginning, that patriarchy doesn't protect women and girls, that it doesn't produce "manly" sons, and that it doesn't create strong families. My only question is how Hero's family got involved in BCA in the first place, since it doesn't seem to be the sort of place that seems very welcoming of different types of people. SSB says that her mother didn't speak English well and the family was probably the poorest one in the congregation.

The lawsuit is a civil suit against Doug, VFI and VFM. I grabbed a relevant string from the other thread to continue the discussion here.

Thank you, Bisky!

Not a lawyer either, but the above is consistent with my limited one-time experience in a sexual harassment case many years ago.

Re. Going to trial: A case can be settled at any time, even after the trial has started. Trials, especially when there is sexual assault/harassment concerned, can be vicious for the victim. It is my understanding that good lawyers try to settle out of court as much as possible. It is a long negotiation to try to get a settlement that is satisfactory to both parties. The term "make whole" was used a lot in my case. I did settle out of court under terms that satisfied me would punish the perpetrator and address the toxic work environment that allowed the situation to develop in the first place. The financial settlement was really quite unimportant to me, then and now, but my attorney was tougher than I was in getting a generous monetary settlement. I've referred to this before on FJ, but can't give any specific details due to the terms of the settlement. I still find it hard to talk or write about because the whole experience was so traumatic.

It was the hardest thing I have ever done. That is why I admire Hero so much for filing suit here. Part of me wants it to go to trial, but I hope David Gibbs can settle it out of court so that she does not have to withstand a trial. Doug and his legal team will go after her with any and all weapons they can manufacture and try to destroy her.

I am holding her and Nolan in the Light.

Only half joking here, but if I were J Teeth, I would be heading off on a Hazardous Journey far far away from DPIAT. If my dad or stepdad did something like this, I would distance myself from him in every sense of the word. Of course, I haven't been brainwashed since the day I was born, so it would probably be easier for me.

Reading the complaint made me wonder if there are other victims of Doug's out there. Her family surely couldn't have been the only ones to trust Doug enough to let their daughter spend time alone with him. Cult leaders like Jim Jones & Charles Manson had sexual relationships with several of their followers not just one. Or was Hero the only one because her family's status (& dependence on Doug) made it easier to groom & conceal? If there are others I hope they are brave enough to testify for Hero and/or go after Doug too!

Commenters at Libby Anne's blog are saying that the comm box at WND is filled with racist, classist, victim-blaming stuff about Hero. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since it is WND, but I don't see how anyone could read that report and think that Hero is anything but a victim. However, this pattern seems to be common in sexual assault cases, whether the victim is male, female, rich, poor, educated, or uneducated. To this day, there is still people who think Jerry Sandusky was railroaded by guys wanting money. :wtf:

Seriously. I don't think I've ever seen the word "ejaculated" used so much in my life. :disgust: This was not a "romantic relationship," just a nasty, goatish old man taking advantage of a young woman he'd groomed since childhood. Now we see why the tool loved the Confederacy so much, as he obviously took a page from the antebellum sexual abuse of darker skinned workers playbook. This complaint shows what we all knew was true from the beginning, that patriarchy doesn't protect women and girls, that it doesn't produce "manly" sons, and that it doesn't create strong families. My only question is how Hero's family got involved in BCA in the first place, since it doesn't seem to be the sort of place that seems very welcoming of different types of people. SSB says that her mother didn't speak English well and the family was probably the poorest one in the congregation.

Yeah it's disgusting when you read what went on in the complaint. By no means a romantic thing, and aside from the pain of her husband cheating, Beall should be absolutely disgusted by the details. Yeah, a real manly man. Protecting women, my foot.

In the other thread, it was noted that she had accepted responsibility for her role in the affair. After reading the excerpts at RWW, I'm not sure she actually had any culpability.

Interesting but not surprising she blamed/blames herself after all those years in BCA.

Hurray for Hero!

I googled the laywer's name and I found an interesting tidbit: the man was the lead attorney in the Teri Schiavo case. That's a big conservative name.

ncll.org/about/david-gibbs-iii-president

And now we know why Westchamps turned up - he was the advance guard of the Defence Of Doug Phillips brigade . ..

Good for her, and let's hope he gets what's coming to him. Arrogant little shit.

(Not been around a lot lately - both parents have been ill: busy with them.)

Just read the filing & the WND article - some initial thoughts.

First, kudos to Nolan & Hero. It took so much courage to file and it will take more courage to see this through. Holding you both in the light.

Second, :brain-bleach:

Third, agree with others here who have speculated that there are other victims. It wouldn't surprise me just as it doesn't surprise me that DPIAT actually believes he'll make a comeback. Clearly, his fellow thieves travellers think the same thing, given Michael Farris' comments in that article.

Fourth, when will we be hearing from Voddie Baucham, Scott Brown & Kevin Swanson who lumped together with DPIAT with convicted sex offender Jack Schaap? From the filing:

Groups like Teach Them Diligently (operated by David Nunnery), Family Covenant Ministries (operated by Jon Summers), National Center for Family Integrated Churches (operated by Scott Brown), Voddie Baucham Ministries (operated by Voddie Bauchum), Advanced Training Institute Conferences (operated by Tim Levendusky), and Generations with Vision (operated by Kevin Swanson), to name a few, continue to promote and encourage the philosophy of patriarchy while others who espoused this teaching, such as Bill Gothard or Jack Schaap, have stepped down or are incarcerated for crimes against children.

Congrats to Hero and Nolan!

After reading the specifics in the court filing, I am just astounded at Hero's courage and strength to go public. I really don't understand how anyone thinks she was getting anything out of this "relationship" with DP. He was using her for his own sexual pleasure, and WND's description of her as a sex object is spot-on, in my opinion. DP very clearly gratified himself; she received no pleasure in these encounters.

Also, the kitchen incident in December... Just, wow. I cannot fathom any decent man assaulting a young woman in the kitchen with his children nearby. DP is obviously no decent man. I recall some earlier discussion that Beall or JTitus may have walked in on a latter incident. Could that have been the kitchen assualt?

Wow. I just read that complaint. It certainly takes some steel ovaries for her to do this and good on her! I agree with whoever said that she must not have been the first one - he seems like a skilled "groomer." Additionally, I'm surprised there was no mention of PIV sex. I'm disappointed by Beall and her complicity and threatening remarks to Hero - I am not surprised she knew about the whole thing, but I suppose in my mind I expect better??

Hurray for Hero!

I googled the laywer's name and I found an interesting tidbit: the man was the lead attorney in the Teri Schiavo case. That's a big conservative name.

ncll.org/about/david-gibbs-iii-president

He's tough and experienced but an interesting choice. His firm has also been retained by IBLP/ATI in the wake of the Recovering Grace stories and the "internal" investigation of Gothard's misconduct. In that case, he'll be the bad guy. In this case, he's on the right side. :think:

First: if Nolan and/or "Hero" (not sure if I should still use the pseudonym because it seems it is all out in the open now but will out of respect for the victim) reads here - congratulations

Second: The court papers detail some nasty stuff. I was disgusted but not surprised by what Doug did but I was surprised by just how much BEALL was involved. Here is a quote of an email she sent "Hero": "During the last ten weeks, and ultimately for the last nine months, you have been lighting bombs all across the country. Right now, you may have a perception of peace, but what you don't know is that these bombs are about to explode in a manner that will change all of our lives forever. It will affect your life, your marriage prospects . . . your parents . . . and thousands of other people. It is far worse than you imagine. The VFM board has encouraged me to let you know about these and to work with you to give you an opportunity to stop impending destruction." (copied from right wing watch) Guess Beall wanted to make sure the gravy train did not derail.

Archived