IGNORED

Lourdes and Nolan marry - Lawsuit against DPIAT/R filed

love2scrap

Since westchamps came and started crapping all over the dougie thread i hope its ok to start a new thread on the subject matter

To recap:

Nolan Manteufel married Hero on April 11.

Hero has green streaks in her hair - YAY!

I am wondering if her romance with Nolan was what encouraged her to come forward many months ago... Perhaps Nolan was the one who gave her courage to do it.

And also, i am dense but i am unable to find ou Nolan's age. i was under the impression that he had finished college not too long ago.... Are the two of them in the same age bracket?

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on when he finished homeschool, I'd say they are in the same age range.

I really like Nolan. He is adorable and smart. I hope he completely escapes his childhood. Go Nolan!

Since westchamps came and started crapping all over the dougie thread i hope its ok to start a new thread on the subject matter

To recap:

Nolan Manteufel married Hero on April 11.

Thanks for doing this. I engaged with westchamps, and started to feel bad that the big news almost got obscured by his posts and my answers.

I hope they can go on to a happy, healthy life together.

Wow, I'm glad to hear that. The Doug Phillips is a Tool thread exploded with westchamps' trolling, so I wasn't aware that anything else had happened. I hope they can both achieve the dreams that VF told them they could never accomplish.

I'm so happy for her, that she appears to be moving past all the drama and getting on with her life.

Also, I would have paid good money to have been there when little Dougie found out about the pending nuptials. After all, Hero was supposed to be his wife (after Beall died, of course). I have no doubt he threw an EPIC temper tantrum and it would have been glorious to watch :D

Lovely news, I am so happy for Hero!

Who is this Nolan - it's a new name to me.

I hadn't heard of him before this, but I'm pretty sure his family were members at BCA at one point. Ever since Tool-o-ween, he's been publically posting on his FB about how much Doug sucks. :lol: His page is really good reading. He also wrote an essay (?) available on Scribd for $1 regarding the whole situation.

Now that we know about the relationship, his vehement defense of Hero makes a lot of sense. He seems like a really good guy, and I'm thrilled that things have turned out so well. Back when everything first broke, we were so sure that everyone would support Doug, and Hero would be blamed and ostracized. Hell, that's why we called her Hero. Everyone but Beatrice (and Benedick, but only because he loved Beatrice) turned on the original Hero. I'm still not sure why everyone turned on Doug rather than closing ranks. It's unusual.

He's responded to FJ on his FB page, so we know he reads here. Nolan, I am so happy for you guys! Please tell Hero we've always been in her corner, and not just because we (love to) hate Doug. At least on my part, I liked her the best out of all the girls in Return of the Daughters. She seemed the most real, and she was certainly the one doing the most to help others. (Also it really sucked how the Botkins made it clear that her socioeconomic status was lacking in their eyes.)

I hope you have as many children as you wish to have, without regard to dogma!

Adding my thanks, love2scrap - this is wonderful, and it deserves its own thread. I am so happy for them both! I bet Dougie was ready to chew a bowl of carpet tacks when he heard the news.

Another thought: the silence from Botkin-land has been deafening. Remember, Hero was one of the young women featured in their nauseating DVD "Return of the Daughters." They certainly waxed rhapsodic on their blog when Melissa Keen and Katie Valenti got married...but thus far, no equally gushy blog post, no congrats on Nolan or Hero's FB pages, no nothin.' Anyone want to lay odds on whether we hear a peep from the Botkins?

Adding my thanks, love2scrap - this is wonderful, and it deserves its own thread. I am so happy for them both! I bet Dougie was ready to chew a bowl of carpet tacks when he heard the news.

Another thought: the silence from Botkin-land has been deafening. Remember, Hero was one of the young women featured in their nauseating DVD "Return of the Daughters." They certainly waxed rhapsodic on their blog when Melissa Keen and Katie Valenti got married...but thus far, no equally gushy blog post, no congrats on Nolan or Hero's FB pages, no nothin.' Anyone want to lay odds on whether we hear a peep from the Botkins?

I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised to hear the news. In the wake of Tool'o ween, there were a lot of concerns that everyone would support Dougie and toss her under the bus. It's great to see that she's been able to move on with her life and found someone much more worthy to love.

Yeah, I also wondered about Dougie's reaction when he heard the news.

We won't hear anything from the Botkins most likely. Things seem to have been kept on the down low with this wedding obviously and besides given their attitude about her socioeconomic status and the fact that she's not supposed to be this happy after Dougie, well, no I wouldn't expect anything.

Since the other thread has taken a bit of a diversionary turn, I decided to just make this one a sticky for now regarding the more "Hero" oriented side of topics that are currently getting a little lost with our new friend on the other thread.

Here is a link to the complaint that was filed today: http://www.wnd.com/files/2014/04/Torres ... rSheet.pdf

NOTE: Complaint may be triggering to survivors of sexual abuse and/or rape

As I said before, I think this is incredibly good news and I'm very happy for them both. :D

I wondered whether it was OK to out the marriage on the other thread but just couldn't resist! I was tipped off by PM to take a look at Nolan's FB and saw the new profile picture complete with shiny new ring - so rather I assumed they were OK with it going public. Julie Anne at SSB has also announced it now.

To add to what Talitha said: Nolan seems a really good guy. He has a degree in Electrical Engineering, a questioning mind, and is definitely capable of critical thought. He has a sense of humor and has read here enough to post a lawyer/engineer joke for me and also responded to another FJer. He was also at BCA, so we can assume that they have known each other for a long time and must have a very strong relationship. Sadly, it seems that his parents are still involved with BCA and he is estranged from them. Luckily they seem to have a strong support base independent of BCA.

They are a very strong and courageous couple.

Edit: redundant because of Curious's last comment.

Seeing as Nolan is aware of this site and may well read this thread, I'd like to add my hearty congratulations to him and Hero and wish them all the best for their future together.

I'd also like to wish them all the luck, strength and determination to see the lawsuit through to a successful conclusion.

edited for sense

To Nolan and Lourdes: best of luck to you, and a bright future. Kudos to you both for your strength of will and all the work that has been put in, and has yet to be put in, in order to rectify this situation as justly as is possible.

Since the other thread has taken a bit of a diversionary turn, I decided to just make this one a sticky for now regarding the more "Hero" oriented side of topics that are currently getting a little lost with our new friend on the other thread.

Here is a link to the complaint that was filed today: http://www.wnd.com/files/2014/04/Torres ... rSheet.pdf

Thanks, Curious.

I started to read the complaint, but must force myself to do work. I did see enough to want "In a Total Institution" to become a post count title, though. :lol:

Thanks for separating the thread. Westchamps was hogging up way too much white space for my liking. Let's get down to celebrating Hero's courage -- woot! :)

As I said before, I think this is incredibly good news and I'm very happy for them both. :D

I wondered whether it was OK to out the marriage on the other thread but just couldn't resist! I was tipped off by PM to take a look at Nolan's FB and saw the new profile picture complete with shiny new ring - so rather I assumed they were OK with it going public. Julie Anne at SSB has also announced it now.

To add to what Talitha said: Nolan seems a really good guy. He has a degree in Electrical Engineering, a questioning mind, and is definitely capable of critical thought. He has a sense of humor and has read here enough to post a lawyer/engineer joke for me and also responded to another FJer. He was also at BCA, so we can assume that they have known each other for a long time and must have a very strong relationship. Sadly, it seems that his parents are still involved with BCA and he is estranged from them. Luckily they seem to have a strong support base independent of BCA.

They are a very strong and courageous couple.

Edit: redundant because of Curious's last comment.

In one of Nolan's comments, he tells his mother that if she continues supporting Doug, she will never see her grandchildren. Hot damn! Leave and cleave, baby! :cracking-up:

I will repeat my comment from the other thread, in case the happy couple is reading over here:

This is a strong woman. After reading that tough stuff, I would like to commend her as Eshet Chayil, a woman of valor, a la Proverbs 31. I wish her and her husband the best as they head into this lawsuit.

I am lost about the title of this thread. Who filed a lawsuit against the Tool and what did it say?

Hero got married this weekend to Nolan. And today a lawsuit was filed by her against DPIAT. Not much else to tell. The link to the lawsuit is listed earlier in this thread. It's about 20 pages but very telling, and demonstrates her courage.

Archived