IGNORED

Priscilla & David Waller - Pecan Thieves Pregnant Again!

happy atheist

When I watch their videos I get a serious case of secondary embarrassment (Embarrassment by proxy?). It's like I want to run out of the room and hide. Priscilla cannot really be that child-like...but then I realize, oh yes, she can. I cannot even imagine either of them being mature enough to even have sex in the first place.

I don't think you need maturity. Thousands and thousands of people prove that daily. But certain people should just not be allowed to reproduce.

:wink-kitty:

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When pecan thief says "...and it said "we're expecting a new baby!"" he has his teeth clenched like "Oh, great. How did that happen? I am SO NOT thrilled about this."

I hate it when men whinge about things like this. For a start, they're not the ones who have to get pregnant, carry the baby for nine months suffering from morning sickness and squeeze a being the size of a turkey out through a small birth canal; but if they're in fundie world like the Wallers it'll also be the mother who has to do the bulk of the childrearing! Selfish wanker wants to try counting his blessings and being more supportive of Priscilla.

Oh fuck indeed.

Like someone mentioned in the previous pages, I feel like Davy can be very cruel to poor Pris when he is totally frustrated with his life. I feel sorry for him, too, if (and only IF) he really is gay and was forced by his parents and his whole cult to live a life of lies and denial. But mostly I feel for Pris - she deserves a devoted husband who encourages her in her role as a mother and actually wants her to have independent thoughts.

Oh dear...

I almost feel bad for Davey.

Whatever his sexual preference is, he clearly did NOT want to get married.

He got pressured into marriage, which means he got pressured into at least one kid, and now he's expecting another, when he didn't want ANY of this.

I'm sure he is frustrated seeing as this is not the life he wants to be leading. I'm sure he takes it out on Pris and that's why she cries late at night. I'm sure their marriage is sad and cold. I'm sure he avoids sweet fellowship with Pris because (if for no other reason), he doesn't want to be a family man and doesn't want more kids.

At this point, they can still travel, which David seems to enjoy. But what happens when they have too many kids to travel? Slowly, David is losing everything he wanted in life, and he gets more and more frustrated as that happens.

And Pris is the victim in all this.

Couldn't the pecan thief just lose his nuts and not have anymore children? Secretly, go in for the v and Pris never conceives again after this second child. They already have a boy so I don't think it would be such a big deal. They can just use God blessed us with 2.

I thought they both appeared happy about expecting again and the pained part of the look was from squinting into the sun. I am concerned about how hard Priscilla seems to be trying to please David, please the Lord, be a good mother, etc., and not just from this post. Is she feeling inadequate (and if so, why) or is this just her style of preaching/communicating? It's interesting that the title of this one is "Paul is a Big Brother!!!" vs. going to be a big brother...consistent, I guess, with the mindset that once the egg is fertilized it's the same as a child.

I hope they're not gallivanting around the country and the world like they did during her first pregnancy, and that she has an easier time with the delivery than she did with Paul. Wasn't he over 10 lbs at birth?

I find it painful to even WATCH her speak, with the way she strains her face like it's near impossible to talk.

The whole time I was watching it all I could focus on was the writing on the glass door... I could be wrong but I think it says "knew baby..." I can't make out the rest

I've been noticing that too. It seems to have gone decidedly consistently deeper during the Gothard/RG 'crisis.'

He's stressed out. When he's doing his condescending preaching act, his voice is higher and more sing-songy, if that makes sense. He doesn't just talk down to Prissy; he talks down to everybody like he's the speshulest of snowflakes. :roll:

With all the pressure to be manly and breed an army to take dominion over the rest of us, they could be humping like rabbits since it's their sacred duty to procreate. I just wonder which "side" he comes at her from to make it palatable..... There, I've said that....it can all exit my brain......Brain bleach is availabe at 1-800-Pec-an22 :pray:

God forgive me but I laughed so damn hard.

I almost feel bad for Davey.

Whatever his sexual preference is, he clearly did NOT want to get married.

He got pressured into marriage, which means he got pressured into at least one kid, and now he's expecting another, when he didn't want ANY of this.

I'm sure he is frustrated seeing as this is not the life he wants to be leading. I'm sure he takes it out on Pris and that's why she cries late at night. I'm sure their marriage is sad and cold. I'm sure he avoids sweet fellowship with Pris because (if for no other reason), he doesn't want to be a family man and doesn't want more kids.

At this point, they can still travel, which David seems to enjoy. But what happens when they have too many kids to travel? Slowly, David is losing everything he wanted in life, and he gets more and more frustrated as that happens.

And Pris is the victim in all this.

I remember reading his blog post about how he came to "decide" to get married and I felt very strongly he did not want to, that he was trying to hold off and was getting pressured. Maybe he realized on some level, even if he couldn't explain it, that getting married would mean responsibilities as a husband/provider, having kids, then more kids and then he would be truly tied down and stuck. And that's not what he wanted. He liked having the freedom of being single, even as a fundie, particularly having the freedom to travel which he was no doubt used to with his family's missionary work. Maybe he realized all this but at the same time, it's goes completely against what he's "supposed" to want and would not be approved. Also he's got the pressure of toeing the line because of his IBLP job. Maybe he went along figuring it wouldn't be so bad and it would all work out but maybe he's finding it more frustrating and challenging than he thought.

I don't know but it just appears that he's having a tougher time masking that frustration. It may not have anything to do with Priscilla in particular, he would have that frustration no matter who he married because marriage and family is not what he really wants.

He's stressed out. When he's doing his condescending preaching act, his voice is higher and more sing-songy, if that makes sense. He doesn't just talk down to Prissy; he talks down to everybody like he's the speshulest of snowflakes. :roll:

I have known a couple of fundies who have this condescending preachy manner and it's an equal opportunity thing. Based on the preachy videos I have no doubt that Davey would have that voice / manner with everyone. Agree that the deeper more subdued voice might be an indicator of some stress, either personal or job related because of the Gothard scandal.

There is a word for this in English too: FONTRUM. Here's the urban dictionary bit about fontrum: Feeling embarrassment for someone that doesn't have enough common sense to feel the embarrassment that they should be feeling for themselves for their actions.

I quite like that word too. It reminds me of a fountain of rum.

Dutch_girl, Perhaps he was high on Jesus?

I've also been wondering if Priscilla will turn 29 or 30 this year. Her younger sister Anna turns 26 this summer correct? And is there one sibling between them?

I guess it is a tiny consolation that Priscilla is probably too old at this rate to spawn a dozen more little Pecannettes.

I believe Priscilla is turning 28, because I remember hearing somewhere that her and Anna are two years apart. Priscilla is kid #4 and Anna is kid #5.

I wonder if Priscilla has been feeling inadequate as a wife and mother next to Michelle and Anna. Both have bigger homes and more money. Anna has been teaching her kids from an early age and reading them books, too.

The whole time I was watching it all I could focus on was the writing on the glass door... I could be wrong but I think it says "knew baby..." I can't make out the rest

I think it says "A New Baby", although "knew baby" would not surprise me.

I can't watch videos of Priscilla talking. She actually physically struggles to move thoughts from her brain to her lips. I'm sure having David filming and critiquing her doesn't help.

HEY GUYS, I DID IT! I HAD HETERO SEX! TWICE!

Since she never had a proper sex education, if Davey told her the turkey baster is how babies are made, the Pecans may never have had sex.

Davilla is pregnant again? Oh fuck.

Yup- that's how it happened.

I am concerned about how hard Priscilla seems to be trying to please David, please the Lord, be a good mother, etc., and not just from this post. Is she feeling inadequate (and if so, why) or is this just her style of preaching/communicating?

That is fundamentalist extremism. You're never quite good enough and always working harder and harder to be worthy of God's love/ be a "first class" Christian to prove that you love God more than the "average" Christian. BG teaches that grace is the ability to do God's will, not that grace means God can never love you less or love you more based on your works (or on anything else!).

The sun may have been in his eyes, but both what David said in the video and, even more, what he wrote on the blog makes me think the news of the second baby felt like a kick in the gut to him. She met him for lunch to celebrate the end of a "big work project." He sounds more interested in that and not overjoyed by the pregnancy news -- very different from the glee in announcing that they were expecting Paul.

I couldn't make it through Priscilla's stumbling video, but how sad that she doesn't think that she is a good enough mother and cries herself to sleep over it. Priscilla comes over as maternal, very sweet but ... somewhat slow. I think she is probably a very good mother but hope she doesn't try to homeschool much past 3rd grade.

It must be a sad awakening to the fact that refusal to use birth control welcoming as many children as God wants to give you is a big responsibility, and one that you haven't been prepared for or expected when you promised that at the wedding. Priscilla and David aren't the only young Fundies we've observed to look quite unhappy a couple of years into the marriage.

**I don't treat Priscilla, I have never met Priscilla, and this is by no means should be taken as professional medical advice. Also, I did mainly pediatric and neuro linguistic work, so I'm no expert on adult speech production issues. I am going to stick to very basic stuff.**

Many, many speech production issues are caused by stressful environments. It is well known that stress, pressure, and anxiety can cause people with otherwise normal speech to have speech issues such as non fluid speech, stutters, difficulty producing words/certain sounds, etc. It can also cause language issues such as forgetting words, losing your train of speech (i.e. forgetting where you were going with something), long pauses or excessive sound words (um, uh, like, and), etc. Most people know someone who, while very verbose in person, freezes up when asked to speak publicly.

Pris speaks fine without David. Not perfectly, but there's a camera there and many people don't speak naturally to a camera anyway. David creates an anxious, pressured, and stressful environment for Pris. Pris is so concerned with speaking correctly and not messing up, that she is unable to talk fluidly. Her concern causes the muscles used for speech to tense up, making it physically harder for her even to form the words. The pressure she places on her speech actually makes it more likely that she will make a mistake, which reinforces the pressure, creating a loop. Speech/Language actually takes a lot of brain power and fine motor control to perform. We're just so used to it that we hardly notice. But anything that really eats up your "neuro CPU" will start to impact speech production. Stress/worry/pressure/anxiety are the usual suspects, but they do have to be fairly intense to start to seriously dent performance.

I don't think Pris has any speech issues. It is possible she had some as a child that were never properly treated, but truly and honestly, she looks within the normal range to me (keep in mind that MOST childhood speech production issues will resolve on their own without treatment and that there is evidence that sometimes childhood treatment can be counter productive). I don't think Pris has any language issues.

Honestly, I think Pris's issue is David, and I would send them both to counselling to see WHY THE FUCK David creates an environment that is SO STRESSFUL for Pris that she has speech production problems. Because that is not healthy.

Wow, I was so blessed to be blessed with another blessing from The Lord. It is such a blessing to be so blessed.

Christ on a cracker, learn a new word.

Which video is this? I can't find any writing at all, am curious...

The sun may have been in his eyes, but both what David said in the video and, even more, what he wrote on the blog makes me think the news of the second baby felt like a kick in the gut to him. She met him for lunch to celebrate the end of a "big work project." He sounds more interested in that and not overjoyed by the pregnancy news -- very different from the glee in announcing that they were expecting Paul.

Ding, ding, ding! She totally stole his thunder. He got even by doing what he does best- putting her on the spot and making her look like an idiot.

**I don't treat Priscilla, I have never met Priscilla, and this is by no means should be taken as professional medical advice. Also, I did mainly pediatric and neuro linguistic work, so I'm no expert on adult speech production issues. I am going to stick to very basic stuff.**

Many, many speech production issues are caused by stressful environments. It is well known that stress, pressure, and anxiety can cause people with otherwise normal speech to have speech issues such as non fluid speech, stutters, difficulty producing words/certain sounds, etc. It can also cause language issues such as forgetting words, losing your train of speech (i.e. forgetting where you were going with something), long pauses or excessive sound words (um, uh, like, and), etc. Most people know someone who, while very verbose in person, freezes up when asked to speak publicly.

Pris speaks fine without David. Not perfectly, but there's a camera there and many people don't speak naturally to a camera anyway. David creates an anxious, pressured, and stressful environment for Pris. Pris is so concerned with speaking correctly and not messing up, that she is unable to talk fluidly. Her concern causes the muscles used for speech to tense up, making it physically harder for her even to form the words. The pressure she places on her speech actually makes it more likely that she will make a mistake, which reinforces the pressure, creating a loop. Speech/Language actually takes a lot of brain power and fine motor control to perform. We're just so used to it that we hardly notice. But anything that really eats up your "neuro CPU" will start to impact speech production. Stress/worry/pressure/anxiety are the usual suspects, but they do have to be fairly intense to start to seriously dent performance.

I don't think Pris has any speech issues. It is possible she had some as a child that were never properly treated, but truly and honestly, she looks within the normal range to me (keep in mind that MOST childhood speech production issues will resolve on their own without treatment and that there is evidence that sometimes childhood treatment can be counter productive). I don't think Pris has any language issues.

Honestly, I think Pris's issue is David, and I would send them both to counselling to see WHY THE FUCK David creates an environment that is SO STRESSFUL for Pris that she has speech production problems. Because that is not healthy.

I think she is stressed by talking to cameras. Makes me wonder. Are there fundie female toastmaster groups?

Which video is this? I can't find any writing at all, am curious...

This one:

jx1038M4Fy8

On the glass door behind her and to the left of the china cabinet, there is written in light-colored dry erase marker (or something): A New baby. And below that, maybe a word starting with "th"? I can't tell. You have to watch it pretty big to make it out (like blow all the way up to fullscreen).

Archived