IGNORED

Priscilla & David Waller - Pecan Thieves Pregnant Again!

happy atheist

When was the last time he claimed she wasn't pregnant? They might have literally just found out within the past few days.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The second video in their announcement post is heartbreaking. Priscilla says she lies awake at night and cries about being a bad mother? That is NOT a happy marriage they've got going on there - I bet it's Davey making her feel inadequate. And telling her to work on her contentment. Ugh.

Both the video's made me sad. The first one because Davey couldn't act like he was happy (if you don't want kids, use birthcontrol of Christ sake!), the second one about her crying at night. And because she names Mrs Duggar as a perfect mother..

When I watch their videos I get a serious case of secondary embarrassment (Embarrassment by proxy?).

In German this feeling has a word: Fremdschämen.

I quite like it. :)

Well, I am not surprised but boy, both videos were painful to watch. Making the announcement in front of a Chik Fila? Who does that? Oh yeah, it would be Davey.

You can tell that neither are that happy. He looks to be gritting his teeth in the first and the second video with her is rather sad about comparing herself to other mothers and lying awake at night crying but trust in the Lord you know and all will be fine. But both are trying to soldier because Jebus.

One thing I have noticed as have others here: Pris' words flow more naturally when she's talking by herself than when she's with Davey. Plus she always looks at him as if she's a bit nervous.

My kids are 6 and 9 and I can honestly say without a single drop of "my kids are genius brainiacs because I am über-biased" boasting that either one of them is 100x smarter and more articulate than Priscilla. If I had to have a face-to-face convo with her I might slap a bitch out of sheer frustration and boredom.

He also writes about the 'pressures' of having a spouse and children. Usually people are pretty elated when announcing pregnancies (particularly fundies, whose very existence revolves around them), but he put a Debbie Downer spin on it by reminding us all of the responsibilities.

Of course he's not thrilled he had "to do sex"* to her again. (*Stewie Griffin's phrase)

she's due mid november, so the 10th of november being the earliest - she's barely 9 weeks.... still a few weeks to go until she begins the second trimester...

Even so, I don't think it's unreasonable or 'lying' to not announce the moment she pees on a stick! She is about a week behind me in her pregnancy (I'm due Nov 10th, should this pregnancy go to plan), so if she was tracking her cycles, she probably found out in the second week of March, assuming she has standard cycles. BUT she may not have been tracking, and may have only realised recently. Or they may have wanted to keep it until themselves until having a viability scan. Whatever... I feel like the fundies can't win with this one - if they announce immediately they get snarked upon for announcing early, but if not, they are lying to us?

The vocabulary alone is bewildering. My 9 y/o and I will have deep conversations about Greek Mythology or the political connotations of the last Harry Potter book...and she can't even put basic words together to announce a life event in any sort of adult-sounding way. I am now 100% convinced she has some sort of intellectual disability that went ignored as a child. It's very sad.

Well I was totally expecting this and was surprised not to see it sooner. I hope Pris has a girl because I think it would be hard for her to be surrounded by boys who would team up with their Dad and make her feel even more inadequate and lonely.

I must be in the minority here because while I agree that their relationship is probably very messed up, I don't necessarily think David is gay. It's not always as obvious as that, I have met someone who I thought was obviously gay based on the same kinds of mannerisms and clothing choices as David and he wasn't at all, so I guess now I'm wary of jumping to conclusions based on such flimsy evidence.

(However I do enjoy all the jokes you guys make about it, so don't mind me :p )

When I saw the thread title, I felt sad because these two seem so mismatched, regardless of what their "testimonies" may say. Josh and Anna may not be my favorite people in the world, but they do seem to love each other and their children. The more time passes, it seems like David is annoyed with Priscilla and the state of being a husband and father. I'm afraid that Josie will end up like Priscilla in twenty years: maybe not too sharp because of being born prematurely and married to someone who thinks she's as dumb as a jar of mayonnaise. Despite all the screening JB claims to do, it seems all a prospective suitor has to do is yammer on about his "testimony" and "ministry" and he's deemed to be a good catch.

Slightly off topic - Pecan Thief said in the first video that he and Mrs. Pecan Thief went to Chick-fil-A to celebrate his "major accomplishment" at work. What could possibly be considered a major accomplishment in IBLP HQ?!

yeah-if-you-mnluu8.jpg

In German this feeling has a word: Fremdschämen.

I quite like it. :)

There is a word for this in English too: FONTRUM. Here's the urban dictionary bit about fontrum: Feeling embarrassment for someone that doesn't have enough common sense to feel the embarrassment that they should be feeling for themselves for their actions.

I must be in the minority here because while I agree that their relationship is probably very messed up, I don't necessarily think David is gay. It's not always as obvious as that, I have met someone who I thought was obviously gay based on the same kinds of mannerisms and clothing choices as David and he wasn't at all, so I guess now I'm wary of jumping to conclusions based on such flimsy evidence.

(However I do enjoy all the jokes you guys make about it, so don't mind me :p )

I am in the same boat. Not sure if he's gay or not and while I have to admit I do enjoy the jokes, and a lot of folks, not just here at FJ, think he's gay because of his mannerisms, I know that isn't always the case. Knew a guy in high school that everyone thought was gay and it turned out he wasn't at all.

Do agree he seems annoyed with Pris but think it's probably impatience with her and annoyance at his current lot in life. It was clear that he didn't want to get married and was pushed into it. This is where I feel really bad for Pris. She went into marriage wholeheartedly; him not so much. Now I could be wrong but based on his blog writings, he really didn't sound like he wanted to get married.

Both the video's made me sad. The first one because Davey couldn't act like he was happy (if you don't want kids, use birthcontrol of Christ sake!), the second one about her crying at night. And because she names Mrs Duggar as a perfect mother..

So sad. Being a good mother in their world has nothing to do with actually bonding to your child and parenting. It's all about numbers. They are just wombs that need filling.

Is it just me or has David's voice gone deeper?

I've been noticing that too. It seems to have gone decidedly consistently deeper during the Gothard/RG 'crisis.'

Another year where Esther and Priscilla are both pregnant. Watch out, this means Anna's next...

The Keller girls may not have Michelle Duggar fertility, but good grief...

Slightly off topic - Pecan Thief said in the first video that he and Mrs. Pecan Thief went to Chick-fil-A to celebrate his "major accomplishment" at work. What could possibly be considered a major accomplishment in IBLP HQ?!

Transporting gear from Gothard's Noah's Ark themed BDSM dungeon to Bill's safe house?

With all the pressure to be manly and breed an army to take dominion over the rest of us, they could be humping like rabbits since it's their sacred duty to procreate. I just wonder which "side" he comes at her from to make it palatable..... There, I've said that....it can all exit my brain......Brain bleach is availabe at 1-800-Pec-an22 :pray:

Transporting gear from Gothard's Noah's Ark themed BDSM dungeon to Bill's safe house?

OMG that is wrong on so many levels. What would be in a Noah's Ark themed sex dungeon? Would there be regular furry orgies? Leashes and cages? Role playing bestiality, or actually doing it? :D

Dutch_girl, Perhaps he was high on Jesus?

I've also been wondering if Priscilla will turn 29 or 30 this year. Her younger sister Anna turns 26 this summer correct? And is there one sibling between them?

I guess it is a tiny consolation that Priscilla is probably too old at this rate to spawn a dozen more little Pecannettes.

OMG that is wrong on so many levels. What would be in a Noah's Ark themed sex dungeon? Would there be regular furry orgies? Leashes and cages? Role playing bestiality, or actually doing it? :D

Leashes and cages, whips and chains, feathers and fangs, quivers and quiverings, cubs and kittens, ponygirls and ponyboys, animal play and ageplay--everything two by two of course. But no dance stage.

Archived