IGNORED

The Incredible Dr. Pol (Nat Geo Wild)

Curious

I love this show. I want to move to MI (ok not really because I couldn't handle the weather there) just so I can use him as my vet. Does anyone else watch this one?

Count me in as a fan. I love this show. It's actually quite a large practice, he's got 5 other vets there but Brenda is probably the only one that is on the show as a regular. I love Charles, he was a producer with Nickelodeon and then he pitched the show to NGC and they snapped it up.

It's amazing that he's so spry and can still pull calfs and foals like a young guy.

He's amazing. We watch the show on a pretty regular basis. Though I have to turn away a lot, because blood.

The blood doesn't bother me. My poor husband, though. He is REALLY sensitive, particularly about pet death (we just lost a dog recently which makes it closer to home for him as well). I was telling him how much I loved the show, so he was watching with me and of course it's one where someone has to put down their dog and he's all THIS IS AN AWFUL SHOW!!!!!

I said they aren't all like this! This one is kind of sad :( So I had it on another day he was in the office and sure enough it's one where a calving goes wrong and the calf is born dead. He's all "I hate this show!" Every time he watches with me, it's one where something awful happens. It's never the cute ones that are just in the office or the ones where Charles is trying to get Dr. Pol to do something fun like go camping or to a fair or something like that.

He just turns around and leaves the office if he sees it on now.

I grew up in the country/a rural town so I get that calves die and stuff just happens when you have livestock. It doesn't make it "fun," but I understand that it happens. I think it's clear they care about the animals, even though they are livestock.

I really like Charles, as well. I knew he had been "in hollywood," but I wasn't aware what his actual job was before.

I like Dr. Brenda quite a lot. The other "new" vet they have on now, I can't even think of her name, I'm not as fond of her, but I suppose she will grow on me the more they show her.

I love this show. I want to move to MI (ok not really because I couldn't handle the weather there) just so I can use him as my vet. Does anyone else watch this one?

I love it too. Dr Pol being from rural Holland, a typical tall hard working cheerful Dutchman. The funny thing is, even when he speaks English it is not hard to tell from which part of Holland he is.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm another fan of the show! Amazingly, I'd never heard of it until one night I was watching a show that talked about all the crazy reality tv people, and he popped up. Glad I followed my curiosity to find out who he was!

• 1 month later...

Ugh, fans? This doctor is cruel! He did major orthopedic surgery on a dog without any anesthesia whatsoever, almost no clean technique, and it didn't seem like the dog had pain meds either. Which makes sense, I guess, the guy said that animals don't feel pain like humans do. Read this post on this blog: http://vetsbehavingbadly.blogspot.com/2 ... r-pol.html

The good ol' doc has also been sanctioned by the state board http://vetsbehavingbadly.blogspot.com/2 ... ction.html for negligence, basically.

I just cannot watch this guy in the same way I can't watch Cesar Millan.

Archived