IGNORED

Hell's Kitchen

Curious

Gordon Ramsey yelling and exploding fish (as my friend calls it). This year the people seem less than stellar and as a result, I keep forgetting to watch it. I just realized I'm a week or 2 behind, as I went to make this post.

There is some potential for crazy amongst the chefs, but much like Face Off, no one has made me want to root for them yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't feel bad for missing this show. I really don't know how long it can go on. What I want to know is how the winners of previous seasons are doing. Are they still working for Ramsey? What I would like to see, is an episode that would show where are they now.

Don't feel bad for missing this show. I really don't know how long it can go on. What I want to know is how the winners of previous seasons are doing. Are they still working for Ramsey? What I would like to see, is an episode that would show where are they now.

The lack of a followup might be telling... usually when people are successful or something big happens, like getting out of rehab and staying "clean" or when there is a conviction after a lie detector show about criminal activity towards a child, shows like Doctor Phil and Steve Wilkos ( :embarrassed: don't judge! ) have a followup episode, or at least a little mention before the commercials.

The lack of a followup might be telling... usually when people are successful or something big happens, like getting out of rehab and staying "clean" or when there is a conviction after a lie detector show about criminal activity towards a child, shows like Doctor Phil and Steve Wilkos ( :embarrassed: don't judge! ) have a followup episode, or at least a little mention before the commercials.

This season Hell's Kitchen is awful. These are the worst chefs they have ever had on. I always forget it's on and have to watch on On Demand sometime later in the week when I realize I've missed it...again.

I love Steve Wilkos! I used to watch the Jerry Springer show just so I could see Steve come out and make people sit down lol I'm glad he finally got his own show.

• 4 weeks later...

As a Hell's Kitchen fan, I am seriously becoming tired of the show. Each year the contestants get worse and worse. You would think that after 10 seasons they would know to come to the show with knowledge of how to prepare Beef Wellington and scallops down pat. It's come to the point that I think that they secretly screw with the temperatures of the ranges just to get them to undercook and burn stuff so often. There is no way that they could be so bad season after season.

Hell's Kitchen seriously mistreats their winners, which is why I am sure that there is no follow up. A majority of them never even got the position that that was claimed as the prize and the position that they rightfully won. Almost every season they are promised the position of Executive Chef at one of Ramsey's restaurants, but a lot don't get that position, instead becoming other chefs. I know that Heather from season 2 was supposed to become an Executive Chef as a result of winning, but she got a position as Senior Chef instead. The same thing happened with Christina from season 4; she was given a senior chef position instead. Danny from season 5 was promised the position of Head Chef, but got a much lower position. Dave from season 6 was also supposed to become a Head Chef but was apparently treated like a line cook. Holli from season 7 didn't get ANY position because she either couldn't get a Visa to work in London, or they didn't even apply for her, and she ended up accepting a cash payout instead. The only one who got the position that was promised to them was Rock. None of the winners are working with Ramsay anymore either as they all choose the leave after their one year contract was fulfilled. I do not know about any of the winners since, as I no longer follow Hell's Kitchen closely anymore.

• 2 months later...

I'd love to serve Gordon Ramsay Tater Tot casserole, just to watch his head spin and his blue streak of cursing fill the air.

His wife said in People magazine once he was a perfect sweet considerate husband. I think she has been brainwashed.

I've watched the British Hells Kitchen..... holy shit is that a neat study in foreign marketing. On that version, Gordon never yells, he has involved conversations about food and food chemistry in a normal voice, and the chefs arent backstabbing gossipy bitches. Its sad how dumbed down American TV is, which is why I never watch it.

Actually blisterine, Ramsay is a fabulous father and husband. That yelling and crap he does is all an act. He swears, but not more than most Scotsmen. The part of his biography where his wife gets accidentally pregnant ( after 3 IVF pregnancies) is quite touching.

There's a UK series called The F Word that shows Ramsay with his family a lot. Each season he raises a different type of animal at home - turkeys, lambs, etc. - for eventual use in his restaurant, and involves his kids. He talks a lot about teaching the kids where their food comes from and being mindful of animal welfare and all of that.

Realizing that what you see on TV is always going to be somewhat staged or scripted, it really does appear that his relationship with his kids and his family is pretty solid and happy. His kids give him crap pretty hardcore and he gives it right back and they fall into giggles around him. They seem like overall a very happy family.

Also on his UK shows, they highlight a lot more of what appears to be his genuine personality - he has a very dry, somewhat rude sense of humor that he's allowed to share more of on UK television than he is in the US. He does yell and swear, but it's not nearly as "dramatic" as it in on the Americanized versions of his shows.

Archived