IGNORED

My Five Wives

jinjy2

I don't know if this family has been discussed elsewhere on the site but wow- what a change of pace from Kody Brown's family and lifestyle!

When I first started watching the show, the family seemed like a blander carbon copy of the Brown family plus an extra wife. But now after watching a few episodes, this family seems less dramatic but in just as fragile of a state as the Brown family. The first wife, Paulie, is totally mealy-mouthed and emotional. The second wife is equally quiet and nondescript. The third, fourth, and fifth wives have the strongest personality. Like in Kody's family, one of the wives (Rosemary) has a weight problem. I hate how the show chooses that to be her primary issue. Like, we don't hear about her children... just her feelings about her weight and how it makes her feel less pretty. The fourth and fifth wife are a little bit more spunky but still essentially doormats.

What's interesting is that the family no longer considers themselves fundamentalist Mormons. The dad has admitted he has eased up significantly on the lifestyle restrictions (now the boy-kids are allowed to have longer hairstyles, etc.) and one of the wives even admitted tearfully that she hopes her children do not have a polygamous marriage. The kids are a mixed bag and the show doesn't focus on them enough. The dad, Brady, seems a lot more normal and less douchey than Kody Brown. Overall, this family seems more "normal" than the Brown family but with just as much pent-up resentment and frustration. Whenever they show the 5 wives and husband together... the tension and resentment is palpable through the screen.

Let's just say that if they release a tell-all book, I'd buy it. I sense some nasty skeletons in these peoples' closets.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen like 2 episodes, well it was on but I was doing kitchen stuff... Barely paying attention. You get the drift.

Anyway, the heavy set wife with darkish hair was owed an anniversary trip and one of the blonde wives chooses that time to tell hubby dear that she's having some kin of testing (cancer? Implied cancer sometime in the past thy May or may not be popping back up)

I was like wow.

If she'd sat on that news for days, one more day couldn't have hurt.

That irked me.

Littlemommy,

I'm glad you liked them. I was called away unexpectedly, which is why I didn't recap the last Question & Answer show. If anyone's still interested, I can do it in the next few days.

Thanks for the recap. I quit the show after the 2nd episode. I just couldn't get into it. It's nice to learn they seem to provide based on family size/number of children. Did the show get renewed for another season?

• 1 month later...

I also REALLY tried with this show. I love fundamentalist Mormons. I love polygamy. This show was the intersection of all the reality shows I like. Huge families, and religious discord, but still lacked any interesting bits. It made me more sad than anything else. No one was happy, and they weren't even as good as lying to themselves about it as the Sister Wives.

Thanks for the recap. I quit the show after the 2nd episode. I just couldn't get into it. It's nice to learn they seem to provide based on family size/number of children. Did the show get renewed for another season?

Unfortunately Brady and Paulie just filed for bankruptcy. Not sure about the situation with the other four wives.

tmz.com/2014/07/08/my-five-wives-brady-williams-bankruptcy-utah-polygamy/

Archived