IGNORED

Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Engaged! - Part 2

happy atheist

Is it at all possible that Jill and Derick do not choose to follow the Duggar weird, made-up rules on courtship? After all we have been told several times that the girls choose to follow the rules. Maybe Derick thinks there is nothing wrong with hugging before marriage and has convinced Jill that hugging is not going to lead to pregnancy and hell. Just because the Duggars believe in a pack of foolishness does not mean that all Christians do. Maybe Derick is the reason that Jill was recently seen dancing.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it at all possible that Jill and Derick do not choose to follow the Duggar weird, made-up rules on courtship? After all we have been told several times that the girls choose to follow the rules. Maybe Derick thinks there is nothing wrong with hugging before marriage and has convinced Jill that hugging is not going to lead to pregnancy and hell. Just because the Duggars believe in a pack of foolishness does not mean that all Christians do. Maybe Derick is the reason that Jill was recently seen dancing.

dancing? :shock: where?

I would really like to see that

I think that they will be questioned (as seen on the preview of next episode) as to what kind of contact they see as appropriate amongst themselves.

My opinion is that they would have already talked about that and had discussions with the parents as well and even if they said: "we think it would be appropriate to hold hands" their opinion would get squashed and they would be made to feel guilty

She looks so beautiful and happy in those photos. And that is definitely a 3/4 hug. Can't wait to see a headship that disagrees with Boob!!!

They didn't adopt their beliefs until they "lost Caleb," which was after Josh was born. They were already in their twenties by that point. Most people of their generation (you know, before the college system broke) were in their last year or two of college by that age. And, JB was 2 years older, yet not pursuing an education. Their lack of an education wasn't based on Gothards teaching at that point.

There has never been a point in time where MOST people of a certain gage would be in their final years of college, because there has never been a point in time ( at least in the U.S.) where most people graduate from college.

Roughly a quarter of U.S. Adults over the age of 25 have a 4 year college degree ( or higher) . You have some groups and areas where pursuing a college degree is the norm, but it really isn't the norm for most people, in the eighties or today.

Interestingly, Arkansas is near the bottom of the list of states, with only 19% obtaining a Bachelor degree. Even the highest ranking area, Washington D.C., has slightly less than half of adults with a 4 year degree.

So if you live in an area where 4 out of 5 people don't graduate from college you really can't extrapolate much about their belief system based on whether or not they attend college.

Jill and her bf look cute together. I hope Bob won't try to brainwash him and stay out of their relationship.

Maybe I missed something, but would someone please clarify if the no hand-holding is a rule only for the Duggar females, or is it a rule Jimbob & Michelle made up after the "Josh-Anna hand sex before marriage" thing, or is it something each couple is allowed to decide for themelves? If it has been discussed by the Duggars somewhere I seem to have missed it.

Thanks!

Maybe I missed something, but would someone please clarify if the no hand-holding is a rule only for the Duggar females, or is it a rule Jimbob & Michelle made up after the "Josh-Anna hand sex before marriage" thing, or is it something each couple is allowed to decide for themelves? If it has been discussed by the Duggars somewhere I seem to have missed it.

Thanks!

J&A had engaged hand sex, not courtship hand sex.

J&A had engaged hand sex, not courtship hand sex.

Thank you for correcting me Jerkit, don't know what I was thinking.

Thank you for correcting me Jerkit, don't know what I was thinking.

Yes, see once you're engaged you know marriage/sex/baby making is inevitable, so you can look at the engaged hand sex as just really, really lengthy foreplay. :D

Yes, see once you're engaged you know marriage/sex/baby making is inevitable, so you can look at the engaged hand sex as just really, really lengthy foreplay. :D

LOL, LOVE IT DUGFAN!! :lol: :clap:

The one thing that has stuck out the most for me in these pictures of Jill and Derick is how Jill, the Duggar we've always thought to be a little dorky and awkward, finally looks all grown up and is just gorgeous. I don't know if it's seeing her with a man she's not related to, a general maturity thing, or her relationship with Derick, but good for her.

Jill looks really happy. I know she wanted to do some kind of combo of midwife/missionary work, so maybe they'll get to do that together. Good for her. Even though she seems to be the most "into it" at times, I think she is the most intelligent and articulate of the older Duggar girls, and the one who seems to have gained the most independence.

Kelly Bates stated in her blog comments that her kids had some say in the courtship PDA rules. Princess Erin I believe chose not to hold hands with Chad during courtship. But there are pics of Zach, Alyssa & Michael all holding hands with their hunnies during their courtship announcements. And Alyssa, that wanton woman, front hugging John. And Kelly said Zach made many (presumably unchaperoned) trips to the Sonic Drive-in to see Whitney before they were officially courting. Lord knows what happened when she delivered his order of onion rings to his truck. ;)

The one thing that has stuck out the most for me in these pictures of Jill and Derick is how Jill, the Duggar we've always thought to be a little dorky and awkward, finally looks all grown up and is just gorgeous. I don't know if it's seeing her with a man she's not related to, a general maturity thing, or her relationship with Derick, but good for her.

Dill are totally adorable, I have to admit. I ship them!

:romance-lovegoddess: <------ The Love Goddess

I think Jill has found the real deal. I hope they don't have to live at the Duggar compound--I hope he will be in a real church somewhere outside the immediate family area and they can have a life. She looks happy!

Dill are totally adorable, I have to admit. I ship them!

:romance-lovegoddess: <------ The Love Goddess

Totally off-topic, but what does "I ship them" mean? I don't know if it's an abbreviation, or slang, or text talk, or auto correct moment. I assumed it was autocorrect, but I've sen it a few times here, so now I'm confused :embarrassed:

Totally off-topic, but what does "I ship them" mean? I don't know if it's an abbreviation, or slang, or text talk, or auto correct moment. I assumed it was autocorrect, but I've sen it a few times here, so now I'm confused :embarrassed:

I'm fairly reliably informed (my niece :) ) that it is derived from worship. I ship them = I like them very much/lurve them.

I'm intrigued, why are so many FJers over the moon about the courtship of Dill squared? He looks nice enough, is definitely good quite looking, but Daddy arranged the courtship, and Jill could be just glowing with delight at the idea of courtship at long last -- and at thought of escaping the compound!

He looks better on paper than the boy-man Jessa hooked up with but I'm not seeing it as the romance of the decade.

I'm fairly reliably informed (my niece :) ) that it is derived from worship. I ship them = I like them very much/lurve them.

I'm intrigued, why are so many FJers over the moon about the courtship of Dill squared? He looks nice enough, is definitely good quite looking, but Daddy arranged the courtship, and Jill could be just glowing with delight at the idea of courtship at long last -- and at thought of escaping the compound!

He looks better on paper than the boy-man Jessa hooked up with but I'm not seeing it as the romance of the decade.

I googled it when I saw this too, because I also had seen it more than once (all I could think of was those KMart "Ship My Pants" ads, lol). The urban dictionary says as a noun it's short for "romantic relationship" and as a verb it means to approve of or endorse such a relationship. Now I feel so hip for even knowing that! :geek:

As for the Dill-approval, I'll note that I saw similar approval of Erin/Chad at first too. I think it's just a sign of people really wanting these folks to be truly happy, and in a new relationship it's easy to find hope that that's what is happening. There's also the possibility that a new relationship leads to breaking away from the repressive lifestyle, and you know we gotta hope for that...

His FB profile makes him appear, at least, quite fundy-lite and possibly possessing the capacity to think for himself. The evidence: t-shirts and shorts, casual facial hair (as in "oops, need to shave"), public high school, public university, likes a number of very secular movies, etc...

I'm honestly surprised that JB has deemed him worthy at all.

I would imagine Derek's parents are Gothard. Not all are hard-core, skirts only, no college. My kids were in co-ed homeschool swimming classes with a Gothard family that allowed jeans, normal, yet modest, swimsuits and college. Not all are sold-out total extreme-o's. I'm guessing his are like that. Many Baptist Churches support Gothard's program, hold Basic Seminar's etc., so I would think that could figure into it too. He may hold the same beliefs but have never joined and will join upon marriage.

I googled it when I saw this too, because I also had seen it more than once (all I could think of was those KMart "Ship My Pants" ads, lol). The urban dictionary says as a noun it's short for "romantic relationship" and as a verb it means to approve of or endorse such a relationship. Now I feel so hip for even knowing that! :geek:

As for the Dill-approval, I'll note that I saw similar approval of Erin/Chad at first too. I think it's just a sign of people really wanting these folks to be truly happy, and in a new relationship it's easy to find hope that that's what is happening. There's also the possibility that a new relationship leads to breaking away from the repressive lifestyle, and you know we gotta hope for that...

It's a bit more than just liking a relationship. It kind of indicates an emotional investment in someone else's (often a fictional character's) relationship. Here's the wiki article on it.

What if the duggar daughters don't start popping out babies right away? What if them or their husbands want to use protection? Do they even talk about this stuff before they get married? Where would they live,income,kids,etc,

Forgot they're fundies :pull-hair:

I don't know...flying all the way to Asia to meet a guy she's in love with, even if her dad hooked them up, seems quite romantic. At least by Duggar standards anyway. I mean the track record on romance in that family is pretty dismal...starting with the proposal with balloons at Gator Landing. Maybe I'm just getting played by the editors, but it does seem pretty romantic so far.

Archived