IGNORED

Bill Gothard Sexual Misconduct Investigation - Part 2

happy atheist

If the Duggars, Bates, Paines et al had an ounce of TRUE character. They would be speaking out against the institutionalized abuse that is ATI. They'd be hauling all that ATI crap they spent thousands on out and have a big ole bonfire.

Dr. Paine and Gil Bates are on theIBLP Board. That they could not/would not work to rein Gothard in and failing that resign their board positions in protest, speaks volumes about where their priorities really are. It sure ain't protecting young people from abuse from within Gothard's training centers.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Duggars, Bates, Paines et al had an ounce of TRUE character. They would be speaking out against the institutionalized abuse that is ATI. They'd be hauling all that ATI crap they spent thousands on out and have a big ole bonfire.

Dr. Paine and Gil Bates are on theIBLP Board. That they could not/would not work to rein Gothard in and failing that resign their board positions in protest, speaks volumes about where their priorities really are. It sure ain't protecting young people from abuse from within Gothard's training centers.

Do we know of any other staff that may have been abusive? IBLP seems to have so many different programs, I am confuzzled. Yes I said confuzzled. Bringing 2008 back, baby. What is Northwoods? Look at Jessa's shirt

post-9860-14451998740532_thumb.jpg

Northwoods is IBLP HQ Ion Illinois.

Reading some of the accounts.from ex-IBLP slaves, it seems that the whole culture encourages abuse. It's like the Milgram experiment done all over again in the name of Jesus/Gothard.

So he is avoiding actually answering the question.

I'm sure his non-answer was carefully negotiated, cleared by, and rehearsed with TLC attorneys in advance.

Is it possible to protest in front of a homeschool conference? Mostly if the conference has speakers that have been involved in some way with the sex abuse scandals. Imo the way many of the preach against college for women would be reason enough to protest.

I thought Northwoods was the camp in Michigan where the Journeys to the Heart are conducted.

ETA: Yippee! I'm no longer hitting the Pearls.

Damn, that photo is full to the brim with crunchtastic hair. It all looks extremely flammable. [as does Bill Gothard's toupee]

And somewhat offtopic: When I look at that photo, I am reminded that some of the J'Slaves (as well as the Bates gals) are wearing their tshirts a lot tighter than they used to.

Damn, that photo is full to the brim with crunchtastic hair. It all looks extremely flammable. [as does Bill Gothard's toupee]

And somewhat offtopic: When I look at that photo, I am reminded that some of the J'Slaves (as well as the Bates gals) are wearing their tshirts a lot tighter than they used to.

:lol: :lol: So true! And those denim skirts are to the knees at the moment. Glad they ditched those awful perms but I think the Query girl still has it. She is the only non relative that is tight with the Duggar girls. She has been with them just about everywhere. I'm still VERY disappointed about how slow this news is in the media. It's like this scandal is not all that important. Gothard isn't as well known as Billy Graham.

Northwoods is IBLP HQ Ion Illinois.

Reading some of the accounts.from ex-IBLP slaves, it seems that the whole culture encourages abuse. It's like the Milgram experiment done all over again in the name of Jesus/Gothard.

Actually, Northwoods is the location in the UP of Michigan where Gothard owns the property where Journey to the Heart weeks are held. Nothing like taking them out to the middle of nowhere for their indoctrination...nowhere to run.

It is a good thing that Gothard doesn't approve of smoking and I wonder if he had the young women walk in the rain to "cleanse their sins."

Slow your roll, the school is for adults. There is a LOT of online classes and they specialize in giving you/find ways to give you credit for "life experience" so you can get your degree quicker. No sports teams, student center, hell I don't think they have a library? and only 4 campus buildings. Really the school is for adults who dropped out of school and have credits and they help you knit it all together to get a degree. Not knocking (have had relatives graduate from there) but it isn't even equivalent to a community college in terms of buildings, student center, etc.

Life experience? What life experience does a sheltered kid get credit for? Do they all get advanced degrees in duck biology?

No library. :pink-shock: As a librarian, I condemn this school.

Actually, Northwoods is the location in the UP of Michigan where Gothard owns the property where Journey to the Heart weeks are held. Nothing like taking them out to the middle of nowhere for their indoctrination...nowhere to run.

Was there ever any follow up on this story? http://hinsdale.patch.com/groups/police ... in-chicago (news source so link not broken)

Good question. I never heard anything further about this story. Maybe some Chicagoans can weigh in?

The group photos are often taken at Bond Falls, a beautiful site that gets a lot of visitors and hikers. They could run but not hide as they'd stand out in the dress alike outfits.

The Big Sandy ATI camp starts April 22, and both the Duggars and Bates are speaking. It will be interesting to see which couples show up. Zach Bates would be a fool to leave town just days before his election.

Good question. I never heard anything further about this story. Maybe some Chicagoans can weigh in?

Nada.... :( Not even the local newspapers (Daily Harold or Doings) have any information regarding it Since he resigned. This was the last mention

http: //oakbrook.suntimes.com/news/gothard-OBD-03082014:article

Nada.... :( Not even the local newspapers (Daily Harold or Doings) have any information regarding it Since he resigned. This was the last mention

http: //oakbrook.suntimes.com/news/gothard-OBD-03082014:article

I'm telling ya Gothard isn't as well known as Billy Graham. If it was Billy, the whole world would know. I realize ATI is international as well BUT it's not mainstream enough to hold everyone's attention.

She has a Twitter account. It seems recent.

The Big Sandy ATI camp starts April 22, and both the Duggars and Bates are speaking. It will be interesting to see which couples show up. Zach Bates would be a fool to leave town just days before his election.

Why would these people still follow this man.

I just went to check out Recovering Grace, and the website is down. Not likely, but I hope that non of Bill Goatherd's more crazy defenders did something to cause a tech glitch... The stories there are saddening. I just hope the survivors can get their stories out to at least to know they are not crazy, that there was genuine crazy making going on.

I just went to check out Recovering Grace, and the website is down. Not likely, but I hope that non of Bill Goatherd's more crazy defenders did something to cause a tech glitch... The stories there are saddening. I just hope the survivors can get their stories out to at least to know they are not crazy, that there was genuine crazy making going on.

RG was up an hour ago. Maybe something temporary, or even some maintenance?

I had trouble accessing the Recovering Grace web site until I remembered that it is a dot org website and not dot com.

Denial of the most egregious charges, yes. But once you get past the Gothardese, he's effectively admitting he's painted himself in a corner.

This emphasis on outward appearance was also manifested by bringing selected young people to serve at the Headquarters and causing others to feel rejected and offended by my favoritism. My actions of holding of hands, hugs, and touching of feet or hair with young ladies crossed the boundaries of discretion and were wrong. They demonstrated a double-standard and violated a trust. Because of the claims about me I do want to state that I have never kissed a girl nor have I touched a girl immorally or with sexual intent.

Archived