IGNORED

Arcade Fire

Othello

In a minor victory in my transition away from the VF/IBLP–mandated straightjacket of my childhood and young adulthood, I saw my very first live show the other day! It was Arcade Fire, on their Reflektor tour. They're art rockers out of Montreal. Many the time I have listened to their introspective anthem "My Body Is A Cage," equating the "body" to culture, surroundings, VF, IBLP... I'd been listening to them secretly for a few years now so it was amazing to see them live.

I personally think that their songwriting has slipped a bit, perhaps trending a bit more repetitive and less original, but still a great group, and I have to say, while Win Butler is a charismatic frontman, his wife Regine Chassagne is simply enchanting. She's the high point of the live performances in my opinion.

Any other Arcade Fire fans here?

Great! (and thanks, fiery!) Glad to 'meet' some other fans. What do you folks think of the recent album?

• 3 weeks later...

I am too! Funeral is one of my favorite albums.

They're also indirectly the reason why I named my puppy Laika, because after hearing that song I looked up the name and learned about the Soviet space dog.

Archived