IGNORED

MRAs-Not To Be Taken Seriously

GolightlyGrrl

• 2 weeks later...

I like her point that far from helping, MRM actually make it harder for legitimate biases against men to be addressed.

Men do face more hurdles when it comes to:

- access to parental leave

- support for their need for work/life balance or a decision to be a SAH dad

- casual assumptions made by judges and social workers in family courts

- access to shelters that will accept them with their children

- support when dealing with a violent partner, including access to resources including shelters

[These hurdles vary from place to place, of course, but they are quite real and will affect men who want to parent their children and/or men who are on the receiving end of domestic violence.]

Groups promoting sexism and angry, violent behavior toward women just make things worse.

• 3 weeks later...
I like her point that far from helping, MRM actually make it harder for legitimate biases against men to be addressed.

Men do face more hurdles when it comes to:

- access to parental leave

- support for their need for work/life balance or a decision to be a SAH dad

- casual assumptions made by judges and social workers in family courts

- access to shelters that will accept them with their children

- support when dealing with a violent partner, including access to resources including shelters

[These hurdles vary from place to place, of course, but they are quite real and will affect men who want to parent their children and/or men who are on the receiving end of domestic violence.]

Groups promoting sexism and angry, violent behavior toward women just make things worse.

Yes, quite frankly we've known a couple for years... the mother has admitted she never wanted her child yet when they divorced she got custody. The father was the one who took care of him. Kid is now pretty sickly looking and making bad grades. There's just this thing that moms just about automatically get custody. I don't get it.

Yes, quite frankly we've known a couple for years... the mother has admitted she never wanted her child yet when they divorced she got custody. The father was the one who took care of him. Kid is now pretty sickly looking and making bad grades. There's just this thing that moms just about automatically get custody. I don't get it.

A lot of dads don't ask for custody. I'm not sure if it's because they don't want it or because they don't think they'll get it if they ask, but that's how it is. I know my state has precedent overturning the tender years doctrine and giving dads primary custody. Obviously this is all on a case-by-case basis, but the courts aren't the only ones to blame here.

Archived