IGNORED

Remind me never to ask West Mids police for assistance.

moodygirl86

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi ... ve-6723769

How is it possible to MISTAKENLY leave a voicemail calling someone a slag and a bitch? I call bullshit, have they never heard of the END button? I hope the bastards are sacked! No wonder coppers have a bad name in this country if they alienate people like this. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same two guys who took a statement from me when I was assaulted in 2008. They had exactly the same victim blaming mentality about them. I'm fuming at this story.

I heard about this on Midlands Today at lunchtime.

I hope they're sacked too - they should not be in the police force with that attitude towards women! The police are meant to be a place for support and safety and victim blaming is never acceptable!

(P.S Oooh! You're a Midlander too - I thought it was just me! :) )

I heard about this on Midlands Today at lunchtime.

I hope they're sacked too - they should not be in the police force with that attitude towards women! The police are meant to be a place for support and safety and victim blaming is never acceptable!

(P.S Oooh! You're a Midlander too - I thought it was just me! :) )

I think Dollypeeps said she was originally from Birmingham too, though she now lives in Scotland. Is that right Dolly, if you're reading this?

Actually I grew up in Rugby, Warks; so not generally counted as a Midlander though it's still central England. South Midlands if anything? I lived in Nottingham from 2003 - 2008, then moved to Brum. My mum's a Cockney born and bred, and every time I see her she takes the piss out of what she sees as the Brummie twang I've picked up, though the Brummies I see every day don't agree!

Where are you anyway? I'm in Edgbaston.

I think Dollypeeps said she was originally from Birmingham too, though she now lives in Scotland. Is that right Dolly, if you're reading this?

Actually I grew up in Rugby, Warks; so not generally counted as a Midlander though it's still central England. South Midlands if anything? I lived in Nottingham from 2003 - 2008, then moved to Brum. My mum's a Cockney born and bred, and every time I see her she takes the piss out of what she sees as the Brummie twang I've picked up, though the Brummies I see every day don't agree!

Where are you anyway? I'm in Edgbaston.

Rugby is definitely part of the Midlands :) I'm from Coventry, moved away for uni and then came back home after graduating last year. My parents are from elsewhere. Dad is from Portsmouth and Mum is from Solihull so she gets called a 'Posh Brummie', although she doesn't have a Brummie accent anymore because she's lived away for so long.

Bloody hell, small world! I'm moving to London ASAP though, as I think people are generally more broad minded down there. I'm sure there are still victim blaming arseholes in the Smoke but as it's at least three times the size of Birmingham, it will be easier to avoid them! I've already got half my target amount saved up, just need to get some work and save up the other half.

• 3 weeks later...

Moodygirl86 - Sorry I forgot to reply. Hope you enjoy your new life in London! :)

Nettie - Woohoo. My mum hasn't lived there for 25+ years but we still go there regularly to visit my Gpa :)

Moodygirl86 - Sorry I forgot to reply. Hope you enjoy your new life in London! :)

Nettie - Woohoo. My mum hasn't lived there for 25+ years but we still go there regularly to visit my Gpa :)

Thanks. Be a while though, as I still need to save another few hundred quid! Every time I up my savings, something happens and I have to dig in. I will get there though, just need to be patient and keep saving.

Archived