So I am pretty excited to hear a new show featuring polygamy is in the works. Kristyn Decker mentioned the new show during her radio show, "Polygamy Uncensored''. (kristyn.srbroadcasting.com/)

RIVR Media posted the following on their blog about the upcoming show:

RIVR Media is currently seeking people to participate in a ground breaking new television series called “Escaping Polygamy†for a major television network. This program features a group of young women who have survived polygamy and are now helping others to start entirely new lives. We will be documenting this incredible transition and allowing women to tell their own stories in their own words. The focus of this show is on helping women heal so they can lead healthy, happy and productive lives. Anyone who agrees to participate will be provided with free support, including transportation to a safe place, temporary housing, professional and or group counseling and up to $1,000 for basic provisions. If you, or anyone you know, is interested in participating please - See more at: http://www.rivr.com/news/now-casting-fo ... sPSAY.dpuf

Source: rivr.com/news/now-casting-for-escaping-polygamy/92/

• 2 weeks later...

What? What network? $1000? That's it?

Do any of the anti-polygamy folks work together? Thinking of Flora and Carolyn Jessop, Jeffs? Now I've confused myself! I guess I'm wondering why they all don't ban together? Or do they?

What? What network? $1000? That's it?

Do any of the anti-polygamy folks work together? Thinking of Flora and Carolyn Jessop, Jeffs? Now I've confused myself! I guess I'm wondering why they all don't ban together? Or do they?

Living in southern Utah, I know Flora has had a lot of controversy. I know many people who refuse to give her any money, but gladly give to other organizations that help women and children leaving polygamy.

1k is a joke, especially if you have a very good story to tell that might involve naming names.

If a polygamist came to st George needing help, they would get paid for short term housing, educational help, legal help and help with skills finding jobs. The assistance they would get would be over 1k and they would stay anonymous.

I helped some young women years ago but now there just is not a huge need (it seems like the hard core crazies are in TX, Mexico). I don't know anyone that I worked with that would do this for 1k.

Why so many polygamy shows?? There are so few polygamists left and very few in danger. Why not a nice show exposing ATI or these other growing organizations instead of focusing on a dwindling group?

Archived