IGNORED

15 years of MOTH

Justme

New post on their 15th anniversary. Old pictures from their launch. Poor little Mary looks so overwhelmed in that huge navy dress. I can't imagine how she was able to play. (I'm glad Mel doesn't dress her girls in such heavy dresses.) Steve looks pretty much the same. Nat (today) looks so much like Steve (then).

I do like the very first picture. Other than the clothes, the reversal kids look like normal kids who are curious about the world around them. To bad it was taken from them. :cry: The dresses Teri wore made her look so heavy. (I'm pretty sure she's always had a slim figure.)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pictures are heartbreaking. They actually look happy. Their smiles reach their eyes and they look kind of normal, despite the prairie-wear. I think this was the last gasp before Steve really started to take them all down the rabbit hole. That picture on the beach moved me to tears, the children look so delighted, and Teri looked relaxed. It's like looking a picture of people who have died, because in a way, they did.

I also think Teri was drinking Pepsi back then, which is a reason for the fuller figure (compared to now) as well. The dresses certainly don't help.

I wonder if for dessert tonight Steve will allow them each 15 animal crackers to celebrate the 15 year anniversary?

I wonder if for dessert tonight Steve will allow them each 15 animal crackers to celebrate the 15 year anniversary?

Or be a allowed on slither of cake that Mrs Eleventy sent them!!1!!!1!

cake-288x400.jpg

Or be a allowed on slither of cake that Mrs Eleventy sent them!!1!!!1!

cake-288x400.jpg

Maybe, but only one 1/2 hour block of time...

I'm entirely too lazy to do a schedule like that. I do pretty much the same things at the same time most days and I keep the house clean(OK, I'll be honest it isn't Maxwell clean) and everyone fed, but I think I would find it very stressful to try and stick to such a strict schedule.

The maxwells are freaking me out this week. The day that Poor Sara posted the Team Maxwell Gym Time™ post, I had a further advanced YMCA :wink-penguin: Personal Trainer exam (which I passed). Then today I interacted with a very good - what some one call, friend of mine and we realised over a bottle of grape juice and a fellowshipping meal, sharing devotions and testimonies, that we have been mates for 15 years. I get home, open a bottle of grape juice and the 15 years of Tits2 post.

I think we should all wish them a happy birthday 15th birthday in their comments.

>>>>><>>> thank you

In 15 years the family has not increased much in size. Compare the Maxwell family to the Morton family. In about the last 7 years the Mortons have produced 19 grandchildren, with #20 on the way. But the Mortons seem to be able to marry off their kids at a much faster pace than the Maxwells do.

The pictures are heartbreaking. They actually look happy. Their smiles reach their eyes and they look kind of normal, despite the prairie-wear. I think this was the last gasp before Steve really started to take them all down the rabbit hole. That picture on the beach moved me to tears, the children look so delighted, and Teri looked relaxed. It's like looking a picture of people who have died, because in a way, they did.

Agree!!

In 15 years the family has not increased much in size. Compare the Maxwell family to the Morton family. In about the last 7 years the Mortons have produced 19 grandchildren, with #20 on the way. But the Mortons seem to be able to marry off their kids at a much faster pace than the Maxwells do.

I noticed that also. Do u know if the Morton's have similar strict standards that the Maxwell's do.

The Mortons are pretty damn fundie, but their brand of nuttiness is quite different from the Maxwells. They are Calvinists and they haven't banned fun. Or dancing. Or possibly even alcohol (but don't quote me on that one).

They have a few advantages in the breeding stakes though: They tend to marry off their kids fairly young, (Katie was 22, Michael was 20ish, Wesley was 18/19, Darth was 20, Cleve was 26. I'm not sure how old Martha is but she's no older than get early twenties, Adeline is the only child of marriagable age who's still single) compared to the Maxwells( Nathan and Chris were mid twenties and early thirties respectively and all of their 5 'adult children' are still looking very single). Secondly, even by QF standards, the sMortons are very fertile. Only Darth has had more than two years between any two births, the rest of them are consistently popping out babies with 18months or less between them. Melanie is clearly not physically capable of such craziness, NR Anna possibly could but she's but had 5years less time to breed. But even if all the 'adult children' were married and having babies, comparing birthing rates to the sMortons isn't fair. The sMortons are freaks, even when compared the rest of the QF set.

I do get your point though- for a family that considers one of it's main tasks to be raising up a godly army for the Lord, there's not a whole lot of marrying or baby making going on.

Looking through their old pictures certainly made me nostalgic. Remember when they wore frumpers but were actually less creepy? When Sarah thought she would marry? Remember when they still to church and socialized with outsiders?! Yeah, despite the awful looking dresses, I think the Maxwells led less restrictive lives and snuck in an occasionally f-u-n time.

Now, look at them.

I think it was around the early 2000's that the family started going crazy, right? Nathan met Melanie in church and they married around that time and then the Maxwells started cutting off all outside contacts. And now look at them. Beautiful house. Stylish dresses. Grandkids. All part of the family cult.

Looking at those old pics Teri looks like the life sucked out of her as much back then as it does today. Nathan was good looking compared to today which makes me sad for John.

Looking at those old pics Teri looks like the life sucked out of her as much back then as it does today. Nathan was good looking compared to today which makes me sad for John.

She looks just as drained back then because she had to have 5 more children when she was skating with depression caring for 3. She has also written that in addition to the live reversals, she had several miscarriages. Steve is a loathsome human being for causing that situation.

Agree! I wonder if Steve was the one who forced them into doing all of the books & traveling.

Agree! I wonder if Steve was the one who forced them into doing all of the books & traveling.

Of course he was. Teri couldn't even decide to have a glass of Pepsi.

Has the Maxwell family ever explained how the became more & more religious. Someone on an thread talked about how it was interesting how people leave religious groups. I always wonder how people get more religious.

What is this book really? The cover just makes it seems like a grid of the times of the day vs the family members, and everyone has a different color. Can't you do that in excel? Do you really need a $28 book telling you how to?

Archived