IGNORED

Under the Gunn

happy atheist

Anyone else watching this?

The format confuses me. I think it was really stupid to break the group of contestants in half. The mentors had to make their choices without seeing everyone. I like the mentors, and of course Tim, so I'll probably keep watching anyway. I know that Anya is a bit controversial. She probably shouldn't have won her season, but I like her. She seems really nice.

Natalia seems like damaged goods. She's a freakin' basket case, with seemingly no control over her emotions. Plus her dress was bad. Nick and Mondo are nuts for wanting her on their teams. She's going to be too needy.

I watched this morning. There was way too much Anya for me, at least in this episode. I would have loved someone else like Laura Bennett, Chloe Dao or Daniel Vosovic to mentor, but I expect they're too busy actually being successful.

I came over QFoWD to check and see if there was a thread on this yet and also to post something about last night All Stars Reunion. That was weird to split the contestants in half. I had enough of "Never Sewed a Sleeve in My Life" Anya during her season and she's one person who I'd rather never see again. Tim said that she was one of the most successful designers from the Caribbean. How many Caribbean designers are there? Oscar de la Renta?

Nick is as cute as ever. And seems to be as kind as he ever was.

Did anyone who watched the All Stars Reunion think that Alyssa Milano looked like she needed to wax her forearms?

I'm underwhelmed by this show, and I love Tim. More Tim, less mentors. Appears it may not be doing as well as expected, because it went from being advertised as "Under the Gunn" to "Project Runway: Under the Gunn."

I always wanted to see what would happen if someone didn't meet the time challenge. Now we know. Tim will crack the whip on dawdling designers! I just hope that Nick's choice of the dawdler Isobel doesn't comeback to bite him in his cute little ass.

Isabelle seems like a nightmare. I really think the mentors should have been told that she had extra time and that Tim needed a tranq gun to get her away from the sewing machine. I suppose maybe they were told, and we just didn't see it.

I maybe didn't watch last night's episode as closely as I should have, but I am a bit surprised that they sent that Venezuelan designer home and even more surprised about the guy they gave the in to. I did not like his jumpsuit that much. I'd probably have sent the designer who made the red dress with the menstrual blotch in the crotch area home.

Also, was there some serious ugly on the runway last night?

I maybe didn't watch last night's episode as closely as I should have, but I am a bit surprised that they sent that Venezuelan designer home and even more surprised about the guy they gave the in to. I did not like his jumpsuit that much. I'd probably have sent the designer who made the red dress with the menstrual blotch in the crotch area home.

Also, was there some serious ugly on the runway last night?

Of their top 3 picks I only really liked the one that was a dress. There were a couple in Nick's group that had some dresses that I liked, they may have not been the most interesting, but they were pretty and I could see them on the red carpet. The placement of the shapes on that red dress was just crazy. Hello! This way to my vagina!

I hope Nick learns how to control himself. That was crazy!

I don't have a problem with Venezuela going home. She wasn't going to last long anyway. I agree about the jumpsuit being awful. It was fugly, and looked like bib overalls when it was walking. I actually kind of liked Shan's crazy clown tux. I would never wear it, and the cleavage was insane, but I could definitely see it on the red carpet.

How insane is Isabelle? Holy shit! I think Tim needs to stand right beside her, and when time is called he needs to tackle her to the ground and sit on her until her model makes it to the runway.

How insane is Isabelle? Holy shit! I think Tim needs to stand right beside her, and when time is called he needs to tackle her to the ground and sit on her until her model makes it to the runway.

Isabelle needs to be called on her time management issues. Maybe she needs to be told if she can't get it together then she'll be out. And then Tim needs to stick to that. I've never seen a contestant do so badly with time management.

One gone from Mondo's group, one gone from Anya's group, I predict next week one gone from Nick's group. Repeat until the top three......

Much better work than last week. I knew the one guy was toast when he said "I started designing for a students mother......"

I'm watching, but I'm not sure about this. I kind of like the weekly prizes being cash rather than immunity. I think Isabelle is essentially cheating, but I also wonder how much of that has been going on for years and we just don't see it. But mostly it's like a competition for 12 designers with an unknown handicap (mentors) going in. Just odd.

And I like an unconventional challenge, but why bother when you can have 5 bolts of fabric?

I really enjoy the unconventional materials challenges, but they really need to give them more time to make something awesome with them.

I agree that that allowing so much fabric in an unconventional challenge sort of defeats the purpose, though.

I am so glad that Isabelle (or however you spell her name) is gone. I don't think what Nick said about her was wrong in any way.

I am so glad that Isabelle (or however you spell her name) is gone. I don't think what Nick said about her was wrong in any way.

I'm glad she's gone, too. She was dreadful.

If she'd gotten off her ass at the beginning she would have had more time at the end.

If she hadn't cut things wrong she would have had more time.

If she hadn't sewed the thing inside-out she would have had more time.

And it's not like this was a one-off problem. She's done it consistently every week.

I hated the way she tried to put the blame on the language barrier, or whatever, by claiming that she didn't know 15 minutes meant 15 minutes, when they showed Tim telling her that specifically. It's not like they change the format each week. They have 2 hours to go to hair and makeup and get the models dressed. That's always the same.

Anyone heard of the Disney singer girl before? Most celebrities I've at least heard of, even if I don't know their work, but I have no idea who she is. I must be old.

Count me in as old too, never heard of her. From the looks on most of the designer's faces, they didn't either.

Whole lot of ugly this week I thought. The one with the boyfriend shirt as a skirt was cute. The rest were too costume-y, just plain ugly and some even looked too matronly for a young performer.

Though the concept of this show was interesting, just don't think it is working...

Okay, I am really kind of put off by last nights episode. I can understand letting both people stay under many conditions:

- the material was particularly difficult (like the AS challenge where the materials came from a kids school room)

- the designers have been stellar to that point

- the low designs were still very strong, just out shined by better clothing

- probably many other good reasons that aren't coming to me at the moment

But NONE of those things are true. This was material they bought, one of the designers (Nicholas) had already been in the bottom (and, not for nothing, but this is the same designer that made a plain black shirt with what appears to be a white pocket on his first challenge), and two of the designs sucked. WTF?

I smell an Anya edit. And I am not pleased about it.

(Really, even Mr. Womb, who does not watch these shows, saw the judging and actually said, "That's bullshit.")

Nicholas seems pretty useless.

I like Anya. I don't know that she's a particularly talented designer, or a terribly good mentor, but I like her. She seems nice.

Nick is a terrible mentor. I liked him on his season, but he's awful here. He's either completely wrapped up in it, doing everything for his team, or he's completely hands off. He doesn't seem to have a middle ground. I do feel like his takedown of Isabelle last week was justified (she was an absolute nightmare), but can also see the point that maybe your mentor isn't supposed to badmouth you on TV.

I think I would have given the win to Mondo's team this week. That red print did look like bloodstains, but the leatherwork was interesting.

Nicholas is gone! I'd have sent him home earlier for that ugly boring brown dress he made, but at least he's gone now.

I'd have given the win to Natalya for her dress with the pulleys that actually worked and placed Oscar second. I do not understand their love of Shan and I thought his garment was quite frankly ugly. (I do not like tight knee length shorts!)

It seems that Nick and Anya swapped places in terms of mentoring ability last night. Nick stepped up to the plate and gave the right kind of guidance and Anya faltered.

I would have given it to Natalya too. I also found Shan's ugly and didn't really think it was avante garde.

I"m still not sure what to make of this show. Not sure I like it, but I keep watching...

I"m still not sure what to make of this show. Not sure I like it, but I keep watching...

I'm right there with you. The whole "mentoring the mentors" angle is so odd. I've never watched the Voice, but the team format on Under the Gunn reminds me of what I've heard about it.

I was really hoping from some spectacular designs for the challenge. I love steampunk, and they had extra time. They should have done better.

Archived