IGNORED

Who wants to bet this could be the next fundie fad?

divadivine

I wonder if Gothard will approve. He had se pretty big feelings about Cabbage Patch dolls back in the day.

That is hilarious. I kinda want to buy one for the baby just because it looks funny. Just like I did with the Josie Duggar style fake pigtails.

I know I should be ashamed but I find those hats hilarious. They would be even better if they had a huge dwarf beard attached. I'm going to go through my yarn stash to make this so. Now I just need to find a small helpless child to inflict this on purely for my own enjoyment.

When I first saw these a year ago they were being billed as winter hats.

I want an adult size one for myself. Runs away...

Ugggh that was so creepy.

The fundie obession with girl babies needing fake hair to look feminine is so weird.

I agree with you here, and also hate those dopey headbands with gigantic bows or flowers announcing that the baldheaded baby is a GIRL, GODDAMMIT! All I can think of is how uncomfortable the poor baby must be.

Still, I think the Cabbage Patch wig-hats are freaking adorable.

I think those are adorable! I had bald babies, so they needed hats until their hair came in... around 18 months for each of them!

Not for Gothardites. Gothard says Cabbage Patch dolls are evil.

Not for Gothardites. Gothard says Cabbage Patch dolls are evil.

How are they evil??

Who knows? Perhaps because they are officially adopted?

This is from the Wartburg Watch (It's a quote within a quote if you're wondering why the format is weird):

In an article on BibleandScience.com, the author tells the story that at a pastor’s conference, Gothard

warned us that if your daughter has a Cabbage Patch doll she could become mentally ill because their middle names are demonic. So I went to Toys-R-Us to see what some of their middle names were. They were just common names, not demonic. If Cabbage Patch dolls cause mental illness then most children should be mentally ill.

He also blamed them for obstructing labour in birthing women and a host of other ills. I think he was just jumping onto the "Turmoil in the Toybox" bandwagon of the 80s.

I think they are a hilarious novelty item. Kind of like a beard hat or a pacifier with a fake moustache attached. I would consider making one for a baby for Halloween.

Those are adorable. They'd be perfect on Kristina's kids, what with their cabbage patch doll names.

Archived