IGNORED

WTF Etsy?

keen23

I'm looking for some nice soaps for my neighbor for Christmas, and I came across this complete WTF product-

etsy.com/shop/PottyMouthSoap?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Seriously. This seller is seriously selling soap specifically for parents to "wash" their child's mouth to "stop bad language." This is pretty awful.

I thought maybe it was meant to be a joke since they said it would make a great stocking stuffer but once I read the description I think they are actually serious. WTF!

I'm looking for some nice soaps for my neighbor for Christmas, and I came across this complete WTF product-

etsy.com/shop/PottyMouthSoap?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Seriously. This seller is seriously selling soap specifically for parents to "wash" their child's mouth to "stop bad language." This is pretty awful.

Since it is the Christmas season and since we are talking about washing kid's mouths' out with soap, I give you this clip from A Christmas Story where we see what happens after Ralphie says the F dash dash dash word:

epDS0h48qRk

it's "fun and effective"

Effective, debatable. Fun? fun for WHOM?

I thought washing a kids mouth out with soap was just an expression and people don't actually do it. But considering I have read To Train Up A Child, nothing shocks me anymore.

I had my mouth washed out.

Not the worst punishment in the world...not one I plan on using though.

I think I had a touch of pica when I was a child, because I would eat dishwasher powder on a semi-regular basis...it smelled so nice and fresh and lemony. Like how delicious Play-Dough smells, but it too tastes awful.

I think I had a touch of pica when I was a child, because I would eat dishwasher powder on a semi-regular basis...it smelled so nice and fresh and lemony. Like how delicious Play-Dough smells, but it too tastes awful.

My kid did that all the time! But with laundry detergent. Drove me crazy trying to do laundry, I was afraid she'd poison herself, of course, but she'd always be sneaking a handful of detergent while I was loading the washer.

So did I at age 4 because I swore like a sailor. My screaming could be heard for miles.

For years this has been one of the family's favourite anecdotes.

Archived