IGNORED

Maxwell's lastest post

SPHASH

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously? Even as a Christian I would be highly suspicious of people bearing baked goods with any bible verse about death on them. I would probably suspect that the treats had been poisoned in some way and dump them straight into the garbage.

There are much better verses out there to use, particularly "peace on earth..."

Yes, I would probably be freaked out by home made baked goods given along with something about death.

Only the Maxwells would stick a verse about death on a Christmas gift.

Sarah doesn't say what the verse was actually. This is the verse at the bottom of the post:

“For he that is mighty hath done to me great things;

and holy is his name.

And his mercy is on them that fear him

from generation to generation.â€

Luke 1:49-50

But there is no clue as to the verse she used in the post that I can find.

Sarah doesn't say what the verse was actually. This is the verse at the bottom of the post:

and holy is his name.

I didn't know that. Thank you for pointing that out.

and holy is his name.

This is the Maxwells we are talking about here, led by Steve who preached about death at Christopher's wedding. Of course the holiday message had to do with death. The only purpose in celebrating the birth of Jesus is so that we can be reminded that he was born to die so all of us horrible sinners will not spend eternity in the fires of hell.

The idea that the Maxwells' Christmas greeting would mention death and Hell was, indeed speculation. But, for anyone who is not up on them, there is a history that leads us to that speculation (boy, oh boy, is there ever! :lol: ).

I couldn't find the picture with the banner over the fireplace with a verse about death (which I think was some festive occasion). But I did just watch Christopher's wedding, thanks to Watchdog and the old thread on Yuku. Here's a rundown on the Death Quotient.

From his place near the pew, Steve gives a personal message (no death yet -- he quotes Ephesians 5:25-28 personalized with their names), after the bride’s father does the same. Then he gets up on the dais, to give a long sermon.

I assume this was planned (he says that Christopher and Anna asked that the message have a theme, so they must have expected it), but there is a weird moment at 31:55 where he waves the groomsmen aside and whispers “It’s OK†before he goes up the stairs – don’t know what that’s about.

The theme of his speech is reconciliation, and he says “any time you add one other person, things can get a little challenging.†Way to make Anna feel welcome, Steve. :roll:

Then he goes right into talking about death - the people killed on Mt. St. Helens – “57 lives snuffed out†and all of the relationships killed because of it. Make sure your relationships are in good shape, just in case!

He tells us that being proud is an abomination and will make God sick. What a lovely image for a wedding.

The bride, groom, attendants and the fellow supposedly officiating at the wedding are all standing through all of this (10 minutes added to the ceremony), poor things.

Then the fathers speak again, after the vows – Steve includes these words:

“Lord, our world is dying – we’re living in a pagan nation, and it’s gotten there because families – because Christian families -- have not been the salt and light that you called us to. We all own that, Lord.â€

All he seems to want is for them to continue his mission – no word about their being happy.

When Christopher speaks, he includes: “The reality is, we don’t know how long God will give us; at some point, he will call one or both of us home, and that’ll be a hard time, and we’re going to enjoy the time that he gives us, every day that we have together.â€

Here he and Anna exchange wistful looks – I would have sworn one of them was already diagnosed with a fatal illness!

He goes on: “And after he calls us home, we say ‘what’s next?’ Because word is very clear, it tells us in Hebrews chapter 9 ‘And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.’ Someday Anna and I will stand before God, and he will judge us.â€

He then goes on (for more than 14 minutes - there’s an edit in the video, so I don’t know how long it actually was) to remind everyone that they will also be judged, and they might go to Hell if they don’t Jesus up (I guess by Maxwell standards, since I would imagine everyone there is Christian), because he doesn’t want to spend eternity without them – basically, it’s the Good Person Test, with lots of guilt, guilt, guilt.

He includes describing an auto accident his grandfather was in, how a “single Mom†denied it was her fault, and grandpa played the Jesus role by paying her fine. Also, he includes dissing the “hard to understand†people he talks to overseas when doing tech work, Muslims, and the people to whom he is talking.

But mostly it's about death and Hell.

At his own wedding.

Really.

:shock:

Yuku thread:

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/3360/W ... q338eKiLhA

Video:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v21047290tk8znWZg

(edited for grammar)

The idea that the Maxwells' Christmas greeting would mention death and Hell was, indeed speculation. But, for anyone who is not up on them, there is a history that leads us to that speculation (boy, oh boy, is there ever! :lol: ).

I couldn't find the picture with the banner over the fireplace with a verse about death (which I think was some festive occasion). But I did just watch Christopher's wedding, thanks to Watchdog and the old thread on Yuku. Here's a rundown on the Death Quotient.

From his place near the pew, Steve gives a personal message (no death yet -- he quotes Ephesians 5:25-28 personalized with their names), after the bride’s father does the same. Then he gets up on the dais, and give a long sermon.

I assume this was planned (he says that Christopher and Anna asked that the message have a theme, so they must have expected it), but there is a weird moment at 31:55 where he waves the groomsmen aside and whispers “It’s OK†before he goes up the stairs – don’t know what that’s about.

The theme of his speech is reconciliation, and he says “any time you add one other person, things can get a little challenging.†Way to make Anna feel welcome, Steve. :roll:

Then he goes right into talking about death - the people killed on Mt. St. Helens – “57 lives snuffed out†and all of the relationships killed because of it. Make sure your relationships are in good shape, just in case!

He tells us that being proud is an abomination and will make God sick. What a lovely image for a wedding.

The bride, groom, attendants and the fellow supposedly officiating at the wedding are all standing through all of this (10 minutes added to the ceremony), poor things.

Then the fathers speak again, after the vows – Steve includes these words:

“Lord, our world is dying – we’re living in a pagan nation, and it’s gotten there because families – because Christian families -- have not been the salt and light that you called us to. We all own that, Lord.â€

All he seems to want is for them to continue his mission – no word about their being happy.

When Christopher speaks, he includes: “The reality is, we don’t know how long God will give us; at some point, he will call one or both of us home, and that’ll be a hard time, and we’re going to enjoy the time that he gives us, every day that we have together.â€

Here he and Anna exchange wistful looks – I would have sworn one of them was already diagnosed with a fatal illness!

He goes on: “And after he calls us home, we say ‘what’s next?’ Because word is very clear, it tells us in Hebrews chapter 9 ‘And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.’ Someday Anna and I will stand before God, and he will judge us.â€

He then goes on (for more than 14 minutes - there’s an edit in the video, so I don’t know how long it actually was) to remind everyone that they will also be judged, and they might go to Hell if they don’t Jesus up (I guess by Maxwell standards, since I would imagine everyone there is Christian), because he doesn’t want to spend eternity without them – basically, it’s the Good Person Test, with lots of guilt, guilt, guilt.

He includes describing an auto accident his grandfather was in, how a “single Mom†denied it was her fault, and grandpa played the Jesus role by paying her fine. Also, he includes dissing the “hard to understand†people he talks to overseas when doing tech work, Muslims, and the people to whom he is talking.

But mostly it's about death and Hell.

At his own wedding.

Really.

:shock:

Yuku thread:

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/3360/W ... q338eKiLhA

Video:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v21047290tk8znWZg

I am so mad at you. I need to work and I now I am running down a Maxwell rabbit hole.

I am so mad at you. I need to work and I now I am running down a Maxwell rabbit hole.

I apologize, and I understand.

In my case, the wages of Maxwell research is a yet-uncleaned-living room. :D

I apologize, and I understand.

In my case, the wages of Maxwell research is a yet-uncleaned-living room. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ray Comfort's "Good Person Test" really is behind just about everything Maxwell. The entire focus of life is on "where will you go when you die?" The parents' entire mission is to ensure that their children will make it to heaven.

Then, according to Steve, the recipe for getting to heaven is not just "not sinning." No, you have to dedicate every waking moment of your life, every possible opportunity, to actively doing work for Jesus (and you can do work for Jesus by doing work for other people/housework/running the home). They have "goals" and every moment should be spent on something that is actively making progress toward the goal (and of course the goal is something to do with serving Jesus, always). It's a paranoid race to make sure you've done all you can to hopefully get on the good side of the ledger, because if you don't....

So, shelter your kids, even a vacation needs to be about praising the Lord's work in nature, and... you end up with death at a wedding, because there is not one moment of life where they are not obsessing over death.

The few times they've posted about their actual missioning, it's been all about the Good Person Test and the "where will you go when you die?" question. They asked that to people at their county fair, before handing out tracts - Ray Comfort tracts. They had links to ordering tracts on their website at one point also.

They must expect to see about ...5 people in heaven. Seriously. I doubt that even the original 12 apostles thought that much about death, Jesus, and praising God in their every waking moment. Life is meant to be lived. This weird trip that Steve is on (and is dragging his family along) about living without Joy or Pleasure or any other purpose other than to praise God is so contrary to what 99.999% of all other Christians that have ever lived that I cannot believe Steve's family never has doubts or concerns. Does Teri never feel that things have gone too far when she looks at her daughters' lives? They live like nuns in convents but without making a conscious choice. At this point I shudder whenever I look at the pictures of the innocent grandchildren and hope with all of my heart (a sort of atheist's devout prayer) that they will have a chance at normal life when Steve kicks the bucket.

They must expect to see about ...5 people in heaven. Seriously. I doubt that even the original 12 apostles thought that much about death, Jesus, and praising God in their every waking moment. Life is meant to be lived. This weird trip that Steve is on (and is dragging his family along) about living without Joy or Pleasure or any other purpose other than to praise God is so contrary to what 99.999% of all other Christians that have ever lived that I cannot believe Steve's family never has doubts or concerns. Does Teri never feel that things have gone too far when she looks at her daughters' lives? They live like nuns in convents but without making a conscious choice. At this point I shudder whenever I look at the pictures of the innocent grandchildren and hope with all of my heart (a sort of atheist's devout prayer) that they will have a chance at normal life when Steve kicks the bucket.

:lol: :lol: :lol: See, that's just it. The Maxwells aren't really selling me on their version of heaven, if it means I get to spend eternity in lockstep with Maxwells. No thanks!

You know, with all of the "world is doomed and irretrievably evil" stuff that seems to revolve in Steve's head, I wouldn't be surprised if one day the rest of the Maxwells wake up to discover that God has told Steve that the world is about to end. And that his whole family has to huddle in the compound to await the rapture.

Part of me wonders too if Steve has ever entertained the idea that the world is becoming evil enough that he doesn't want any more of his grandchildren to be born into it, and that's part of the reason why more of the "children" don't seem to be getting married.

You know, with all of the "world is doomed and irretrievably evil" stuff that seems to revolve in Steve's head, I wouldn't be surprised if one day the rest of the Maxwells wake up to discover that God has told Steve that the world is about to end. And that his whole family has to huddle in the compound to await the rapture.

Part of me wonders too if Steve has ever entertained the idea that the world is becoming evil enough that he doesn't want any more of his grandchildren to be born into it, and that's part of the reason why more of the "children" don't seem to be getting married.

Nah. That would be bad for business.

What disturbs me most about the Maxwell family is how Steve took his entire family with him when he went down the rabbithole. That is what I find most tragic. It's one thing for Steve to decide for himself that he wants to live a joyless / "everything on the outside is evil" insular existence but that everyone in the family had to go with him for the ride, seriously impacting their options in life (marriage, jobs, education, health re: Teri's depression) is the worst. IMHO, he had no right to do that, doesn't matter that he's husband and dad. But unfortunately, neither Teri or the kids had the ability to push back against it and years later, they are all too far gone to do anything now. Even in the event of Steve's passing, I am not sure that anything will change. Life will go on same as it ever was, they will just be counting the days and making sure they are doing all the right things to ensure that they will see Steve in heaven.

What disturbs me most about the Maxwell family is how Steve took his entire family with him when he went down the rabbithole. That is what I find most tragic. It's one thing for Steve to decide for himself that he wants to live a joyless / "everything on the outside is evil" insular existence but that everyone in the family had to go with him for the ride, seriously impacting their options in life (marriage, jobs, education, health re: Teri's depression) is the worst.

And reversed his vasectomy, to create more people to wallow in the misery!

And reversed his vasectomy, to create more people to wallow in the misery!

Yep, and that's being pretty far gone to reverse the procedure and making your wife assume the risks of bringing more people into the misery as well.

I can't imaging living their lives; my own upbringing has some similarities but thankfully not to Steve's extremes and I found it horribly stifling and bleak. My youngest sister got downright suicidal over time. I don't know how Teri and the kids still at home cope with it.

What disturbs me most about the Maxwell family is how Steve took his entire family with him when he went down the rabbithole. That is what I find most tragic. It's one thing for Steve to decide for himself that he wants to live a joyless / "everything on the outside is evil" insular existence but that everyone in the family had to go with him for the ride, seriously impacting their options in life (marriage, jobs, education, health re: Teri's depression) is the worst. IMHO, he had no right to do that, doesn't matter that he's husband and dad. But unfortunately, neither Teri or the kids had the ability to push back against it and years later, they are all too far gone to do anything now. Even in the event of Steve's passing, I am not sure that anything will change. Life will go on same as it ever was, they will just be counting the days and making sure they are doing all the right things to ensure that they will see Steve in heaven.

And the thing that baffles me the most is how Steve has managed to kill one of the most important of human qualities--the very thing that's enabled us to advance as a race--curiousity. The effort to stamp it out, the constant brainwashing, threats, crying, and what have you, speaks volumes about the emotional and mental abuse that must have taken place. You just can't eradicate curiosity, in a child or an adult, through simple, non-threatening suggestion. (The Maxwell line about how the children chose and continue to choose to live the lives they do is pure bullshit, IMO.) The Maxwells truly are the Borg Collective, without a single independent thought or action and zero curiosity about the world outside that might lead them to think and question. It's truly astounding when you consider that people who've grown up in repressive regimes, knowing nothing else, have given their lives in a quest for knowledge and freedom, knowing that there had to be something else out there. And the Maxwells brains just turn to mush and grow mold while as they wait to die.

Does Sarah have a life outside of blogging and writing Moody books? It sure doesn't seem like it.

She's got Costco. And washing cabinets once a month. And taking pictures of the nieces and nephews. And the elderly folks at the nursing home (who probably genuinely love seeing her once a week, although probably hate the church service.) And long hikes in longer skirts. And green smoothies and 2 animal crackers and virtual starvation. And getting up earlier than nuns at a cloistered monastery to pray.

So, yeah, a SUPER full life. :?

Has anyone heard the song Demons by Imagine Dragons? If the Maxwells were into popular music at all, I'd swear they wrote it.

Here are the lyrics:

When the days are cold

And the cards all fold

And the saints we see

Are all made of gold

When your dreams all fail

And the ones we hail

Are the worst of all

And the blood's run stale

I want to hide the truth

I want to shelter you

But with the beast inside

There's nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed

We still are made of greed

This is my kingdom come!

This is my kingdom come!

When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

It's where my demons hide

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

When the curtains fall

It's the last of all

When the lights fade out

All the sinners crawl

So they dug your grave

And the masquerade

Will come calling out

At the mess you've made

Don't wanna let you down

But I am hell bound

Though this is all for you

Don't want to hide the truth

No matter what we breed

We still are made of greed

This is my kingdom come!

This is my kingdom come!

When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

They say it's what you make

I say it's up to fate

It's woven in my soul

I need to let you go

Your eyes, they shine so bright

I want to save that light

I can't escape this now

Unless you show me how

When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

Read more: Imagine Dragons - Demons Lyrics | MetroLyrics

She's got Costco. And washing cabinets once a month. And taking pictures of the nieces and nephews. And the elderly folks at the nursing home (who probably genuinely love seeing her once a week, although probably hate the church service.) And long hikes in longer skirts. And green smoothies and 2 animal crackers and virtual starvation. And getting up earlier than nuns at a cloistered monastery to pray.

So, yeah, a SUPER full life. :?

You forgot, she has JESUS!!

Does Sarah have a life outside of blogging and writing Moody books? It sure doesn't seem like it.

She does not. She is the one I really hope gets a husband.

Archived