IGNORED

Ding Dong, VF is Dead! And Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 3

happy atheist

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would you describe Doug to someone who doesn't know who he is? I wanted to discuss him with my friend but realized that I would have to start with who he is and that is difficult to do.

1. He encourages men to be manly men but he wears dress up clothes and seems really, really friendly with his male interns.

2. He helped start a movement that believes that women can't vote and should defer to men in all things

3.Apparently, he didn't believe in employing women but he had women work for him as Nannies and housekeepers.

4 In two posts, he admits to an affair. His first confession did not say that he had any physical contact with this person but later he admitted that he did

5. BIG EGO

What else am I missing?

Although I don't know who wrote this, I found a gag worthy, 2008 article about the Titanic Dinner

Once upon a time, not so long ago,

Boys held the door for girls,

Husbands spoke with tenderness of their wives,

Men gave up their seats for women,

And sacrifice was the defining quality of bold manhood.

Men

Today, many have forgotten this culture of Christendom.

But because of one remarkable evening in 1912,

The entire world can be reminded

That nobility transcends avarice,

That there can be mercy even in the midst of judgment

And that “Greater love hath no man than this,

That a man lay down his life for his friends.â€

If you are a father or a son who still believes in the historic principles of bold manhood, we cordially invite you to join us at the famous Phillips Flagship Restaurant of Washington, D.C. at 6:30 p.m. on April 14, 2008, for the:

Twelfth Annual Christian Boys’ & Men’s Titanic Memorial Celebration,

Sponsored by Doug Phillips and Vision Forum Ministries,

Dedicated to the perpetuation of Christian chivalry,

KidsTo the next generation of courageous sons and virtuous daughters,

And to the men of the Titanic who lived by the adage,

“Women and children first.â€

Join us ninety-six years to the day when the great ship struck a berg,

For stirring songs of bravery,

Of devotion to God,

Of our great heroic past,

And of men who went down to the sea in ships.

Phillips Flagship Restaurant

This year’s event features the fine cuisine of the famous Phillips Flagship Restaurant ; America’s premier Celtic and maritime balladeer, Mr. Charlie Zahm ; and a keynote address from Doug Phillips. This is a one-of-a-kind event for fathers and sons, and all men who still believe that sacrifice and duty in men are defining qualities in any country which would serve the Lord. Seating is limited to approximately 150 and the price of admission is $75.00 per person.

Since my last post was at the end of the last thread: Anyone (or anyones) interested in going in on the History of America Mega-Conference DVD's to share? I want to see it, but I don't want to pay $50 for the damn thing!

Found this while playing around with searches:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/184 ... sor=213623

Apologies if it has been posted before.

A reminder of how Doug just blatantly acted like he was doing an important public service for which people should donate money.

How much real good could have been done with $69,000?

So, people were ponying up the bucks to take off to Normandy with Doug Phillips is a Tool AND he scarfed up $70k in donations? WTF did he DO with the donations?

Doug Phillips is a Tool's activities look more and more criminal (and immoral).

Since my last post was at the end of the last thread: Anyone (or anyones) interested in going in on the History of America Mega-Conference DVD's to share? I want to see it, but I don't want to pay $50 for the damn thing!

Has the conference been youtubed?

How would you describe Doug to someone who doesn't know who he is? I wanted to discuss him with my friend but realized that I would have to start with who he is and that is difficult to do.

1. He encourages men to be manly men but he wears dress up clothes and seems really, really friendly with his male interns.

2. He helped start a movement that believes that women can't vote and should defer to men in all things

3.Apparently, he didn't believe in employing women but he had women work for him as Nannies and housekeepers.

4 In two posts, he admits to an affair. His first confession did not say that he had any physical contact with this person but later he admitted that he did

5. BIG EGO

What else am I missing?

Oh he just loves his dressing up, really loves dressing up.

6. He doesn't believe in college education for kids

7. He thinks children should defer to their father until married

8. He believes every sperm is sacred.

9. He believes that dads should decide who is suitable to marry their daughters

10. He is a massive tool.

There is another great comment posted this morning on spiritualsoundingboard.com by T.W. Eston. I don't know who Mr./Ms. Eston is, but I want to publicly thank them here. It's long, but I think worthy of a cut and paste:

T.W. Eston

NOVEMBER 18, 2013 @ 9:13 AM

Given the turn the comments have taken here, I think the comment that I recently posted on Doug Wilson’s blog is especially fitting for re-posting here:

@Alan D. Strange: “that unless we have intimate knowledge of these matters, and some here may have such, that we can say nothing more of these matters than that we ought to pray for the repentance/sanctification of all parties and the glory of Christ.â€

While repeating the mantra of your peers, Alan, you are to at least be congratulated for doing something none of your peers here have done: you’ve acknowledged the possibility that there could be some people commenting here, and elsewhere, who do have intimate knowledge of Doug Phillips, his character, and the basis for his recent actions. There indeed are, and there are many more of us than you could imagine. Among us are former business associates and partners whom Doug Phillips has defrauded by stealing our intellectual property and products, stealing our customer/donor email lists, former employees who left in utter disillusionment over the unethical practices they witnessed, former VF interns who witnessed first hand the astonishing hypocrisies and viciousness, former BCA members whom Doug has spiritually and emotionally abused, former victims of the philandering, and the many that Douglas W. Phillips has threatened to sue and intimidated into silence. Doug Phillips has accumulated many such victims for well over a decade.

Thank you Alan for at least thoughtfully considering the possibility that we do exist, which is far more than the non-thinking Stacy McDonald and others of her ilk have been willing to admit. To quote again from her comment above: “My point is we don’t know the back story – mostly because it’s none of our business.†Her position is also a defense strategy, albeit an idiotic one: “I don’t know because I don’t want to know.†I can’t help but wonder where this woman got her education from. One thing is certain — she never took a class in logic.

“I don’t know anything about it because it’s none of my business, and it’s nobody else’s business because, well, I say so. Don’t ask any questions about it so you too can remain blissfully ignorant like me. I’ve determined to bury my head in the sand and I’m instructing everyone (including men, which I’m not permitted to instruct since I’m into Patriarchy) to pay no attention to what you hear about my friend Doug Phillips. I routinely bash a lot of other people, but that’s okay because they’re bad people and it’s not gossip to publicly criticize bad people. But Doug Phillips is good because, well, I say so, and it you criticize Doug that makes you a hateful gossip who needs to repent of bitterness. I’m a really in-the-know person, and I normally have an opinion about everything, especially about people I don’t like; but that’s not hateful bitterness when I do it, because they’re bad people and deserve it. But Doug Phillips is a great guy and everyone else should like him too. But if you don’t like Doug, keep your big mouth shut and just pray for him. If I don’t know anything about this whole Doug Phillips kerfuffle, and I’m never going to know anything because it’s none of my business to know anything, that means no one else can know anything either. I’m not going to ask Doug or anyone else any hard and embarrassing questions because that would get really embarrassing for me and my husband James since we’ve been close friends with Doug and Beall all these years and we ignored all the warning signs because, well, that’s what good friends do — not say anything while their friends are sliding down the slippery slope of apostasy. So we’d better just sweep this all under the carpet. And since I don’t know anything, I can be 100% confident that Doug’s letter of resignation is sincere because, well, it’s Doug, and if Doug says so we can know it’s the truth.†Stacy McDonald is a case study in Hegelian dialects albeit a Three Stooges version of it, and some of the other comments here follow a similar pattern.

Unlike Stacy McDonald and her ilk, there are many of us who actually do know Doug Phillips, and we know him very well. We know the backstory with his so-called “repentance.†We know it’s a sham . We know he didn’t “confess†but was busted and forced to confess under considerable duress. We know that he’s already formulated his comeback plan, and we know the predictable outcome is that many thousands of gullible dupes will believe this silver tongued devil and resume sending him millions of dollars per annum, once he’s published his own Jim Bakker “I Was Wrong†book and is “restored.†This Doug Wilson article that served to inspire the so many willfully-ignorant comments here, are proof that there can always be a bright future for religious hucksters and carnival barkers.

Maybe SOTDRTs across the nation should include Elmer Gantry in their reading list, given how many times it happens in real life in front of our eyes and how rarely it even slows down the most current "Elmer".

Maybe SOTDRTs across the nation should include Elmer Gantry in their reading list, given how many times it happens in real life in front of our eyes and how rarely it even slows down the most current "Elmer".

I wish they would.

Along with the above, thanks Marian, Spiritualsoundingboard.com has reposted a comment by T.W. Eston made on an eariler thread for discussion. Numbering of paragraphs by Julie Anne but the bolding and links did not come through with the C & P, so it is probably better to go there to read it. Anyone know who T.W.Eston is?

T.W. Eston

NOVEMBER 15, 2013

1. In keeping with the “Supporting Survivors of Doug Phillips’ Apostasy†theme, I offer up some business and legal analysis of the situation that I trust will be helpful to the Doug Phillips’ sexual abuse victim(s) (where there’s one there’s usually more).

2. I appreciated seeing this comment about the BlueBehemoth.com Terms Of Sale. It got me thinking about some very important legal issues in this Doug Phillips sex scandal, and why we probably haven’t heard from Doug Phillips’ victim.

3. The legal language in the Blue Behemoth (owned by wholly owned subsidiary of Vision Forum Inc) TOS includes, “you expressly waive your right to file a lawsuit in any civil courtâ€. Such language is referred to as an ADR, or Alternative Dispute Resolution agreement. Such terms do serve to reduce lawsuits, but only because most people are unaware that they can be easily challenged and defeated as “adhesion contractsâ€.

4. Segue now to Doug Phillips’ sexual victim (or victims): if she was an employee, she would have had to have been employed directly by Doug and Beall Phillips. Based on what Jen has said on her blog before, female domestic hired help, like the nannies and maids, couldn’t have been contract employees of Vision Forum Inc or Vision Forum Ministries because, as the Bible clearly states: “Wives and daughters can’t work outside the home unless they’re goyim contracted through a temp agency.†(1 Douglas 2:7)

5. It’s unlikely that Doug would have had any formal written employment contract in place with the domestic labor. Any financial compensation would have been cash/under the table. No SSNs requested or required, no W-2 or 1099, no tax withholding, no citizenship or work permit verifications, no workman’s comp. For an attorney Doug plays very fast and loose with the law. Some of Doug’s domestics were probably paid (gardeners, maids, etc), but a few of the nannies may not have been paid. It was considered a great honor to live in poverty while working for no compensation for the six-figure income Douglas Winston Phillips, Esq. family (The 13th Amendment abolished involuntary servitude; but voluntary servitude for cult leaders is still legal).

6. Multiple agencies of government take any claims by former employees of employer fraud (such as being underpaid for the work done, or not paid at all) very seriously. He potentially faces investigations by IRS, SSA, INS, Texas DOR, Texas Workman’s Comp, and a few others. This puts fast and loose Doug on the horns of a dilemma: if the hired help that he sexually abused ignores the terms of the ADR sues him for sexual abuse, sexual harassment in the workplace, etc., does Doug legally challenge the lawsuit by whipping out the signed ADR, thereby handing over to the court a vital piece of evidence that only helps to further establish that the employer/employee status, opening himself up to employer fraud claims, and the certain government investigations that go along with it, or does he let the lawsuit proceed to avoid being put even further under the government microscope? Irrespective, claims of sexual abuse are criminal anyway and criminal acts aren’t within the purview of out of court resolution by mediation.

7. If Doug Phillips’ sexual predations commenced while the young lady was under the age of consent (17 in Texas), Doug is in especially hot water because Texas has no statute of limitations for such crimes.

8. Another consideration is that Douglas Phillips probably included Non-Disclosure Agreement language in the ADR contract, the violation of which would entitle Doug to sue for damages. This could be the most important factor in why we haven’t heard from Doug’s sexual victim(s). They’re under the impression that they can’t publicly tell their story because they signed a contract stipulating to keep confidential anything that happens in the workplace. I’ve heard more than one story of how Doug legally threatens people, but then agrees not to sue them if they sign an NDA. As I understand it this is what he did to Joe Taylor. However, Doug’s employment NDA (if there even are any signed NDAs), are no more legally binding, at least in this case, than the ADR language is in Blue Behemoth TOS.

9. However, what Doug can do, and what I believe he likely has done, is to give a large cash sum to the sexual abuse victim in exchange for buying her silence. That silence would be legally secured with a Settlement contract that included Non-Disclosure language. She would then be legally bound to say nothing to anyone. If she did go public Doug could sue her for breach of contract, and the Settlement contract probably has a monetary figure stated for what she would have to fork over for violating the contract.

10. The longer Doug’s victim remains silent the more probable it is that she was paid off. It also makes sense that, if there was a payoff, it subsequently leaked to the VFM Board Of Directors. The board members would have been smart enough to immediately commence a thorough financial audit because, generally speaking, where there’s one payoff there are usually more, not to mention a lot of other financial frauds. It would take something of at least that magnitude, as a bare minimum, to compel the board to dissolve VFM. Ministry boards never dissolve a ministry just over an affair, especial a ministry that brings in as much revenue as VFM has done.

11. We may never hear the real story from the young lady herself. However, her contractual agreement to not speak does not preclude her immediate family members, close friends, or anyone else she’s told prior to her having signed an NDA, from telling her story. It’s all fair game, and those other persons are free to come forward and share. They should only do so, however, with the young lady’s approval and not disclose anything she doesn’t want disclosed. If they’re worried about potential legal retaliation from Doug Phillips, they probably shouldn’t be.

12. Though Doug has threatened to sue many people before, to my knowledge he’s never actually gone to trial with anyone. Furthermore, I just can’t see his doing something like that, especially now. A lawsuit would only further substantiate his unrepentance and he’d suffer just that much more public scandal for it. A lawsuit of that nature would be very big news in all the secular and Christian media. Doug could never recover from it. Furthermore, a lawsuit would mean being forced under Discovery to bring out all his dirty laundry. There is no way he’d ever go there.

13. But if even after this explanation someone remains fearful about potential legal threats for coming forward, stories can easily be told in confidence and anonymously.

ETA. I can't remember if this was discussed on the last thread but think it belongs here for more discussion.

I'm in if we can find a few more. If another 3 join, that's $10 each. Less than the price of a movie ticket for some serious entertainment! :lol: I wouldn't want to keep the discs at home. Maybe we need a FJ lending library. (Speaking of, I still have So Much More sitting on my end table. I swear I'll read it soon and send it on!)

I doubt it. Doug seemed to be very reluctant to give away any material for free.

If what T.W. Eston says is true, I suspect you'll be able to get those DVDs, and pretty much everything else from the VF catalogue, for pennies during their Going Out Of Business Sale. I'll be surprised if VF Inc. survives until Christmas. I think Doug (Phillips who is a tool) is trying to liquidate and secure whatever financial assets he may still have.

Doug Phillips: "tool" doesn't even begin to describe him.

I'm in if we can find a few more. If another 3 join, that's $10 each. Less than the price of a movie ticket for some serious entertainment! :lol: I wouldn't want to keep the discs at home. Maybe we need a FJ lending library. (Speaking of, I still have So Much More sitting on my end table. I swear I'll read it soon and send it on!)

There's no way I would spend a penny to support Doug Phillips (who is a tool), but I do get coupons from VF a few times a week. I'll post a code if I get one that covers the DVDs.

Doug Phillips: :music-tool:

Right now Vision Forum is offering 35% off all in-stock products. Enter coupon code 35OFF at checkout.

The end is near! And Doug Phillips is a tool!

There is another great comment posted this morning on spiritualsoundingboard.com by T.W. Eston. I don't know who Mr./Ms. Eston is, but I want to publicly thank them here. It's long, but I think worthy of a cut and paste:

Former victims of the philandering? How many are there?

I also would love to know who the interns who have talked about what they have witnessed are.

There's no way I would spend a penny to support Doug Phillips (who is a tool), but I do get coupons from VF a few times a week. I'll post a code if I get one that covers the DVDs.

Doug Phillips: :music-tool:

The ones that we're considering are ebay-ed, not directly from vision forum

Former victims of the philandering? How many are there?

I also would love to know who the interns who have talked about what they have witnessed are.

I would love the interns who lurked here for assistance with spelling and grammar on Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s blog to post here. Hi Interns!

Past philanderings??? More than one? Scott, James and the others have been covering up for Doug for years! Doug Phillips is a tool is the ultimate EVIL.

Marian the Librarian thank you for finding these crumbs of truth.

Slightly OT, but: this Doug Wilson guy is an asshole, right? Because a friend of mine (not the one who is into Doug Phillips, but one who I always thought was very sane) has quoted him several times on Facebook now. I'm a bit disturbed.

Oh, and Doug Phillips is a tool! (yay, I did it).

Slightly OT, but: this Doug Wilson guy is an asshole, right? Because a friend of mine (not the one who is into Doug Phillips, but one who I always thought was very sane) has quoted him several times on Facebook now. I'm a bit disturbed.

Oh, and Doug Phillips is a tool! (yay, I did it).

Doug Wilson is an asshole of cosmic proportions:

thewartburgwatch.com/2012/07/18/the-real-doug-wilson-encouraged-presided-over-the-marriage-of-serial-pedophile/

35% off at VFI is still not a deep enough discount. It's their pre-fire FIRE SALE! Wait a bit longer and there will be 50% off, guaranteed. Like the famous "oriental" rug companies' "final sale" adverts. They will milk their downfall until the last lights are shut off.

Wow - Mr./Ms. Eston is on a roll.

Check out this comment from spiritualsoundingboard.com:

Doug’s practice of only having male interns, and all the manly romps, sword play, “hazardous journeysâ€, and only hanging out with the guys (except when your hanging out at home with the au pairs), has led to considerable speculation that Doug Phillips is gay, although this is speculation I don’t necessarily share. I think there’s another objective Doug has in mind. In Bill’s case the female interns are about sex, or at least sexual tension and stroking his male ego. In Doug’s case it’s strictly about keeping the money pouring in.

Doug’s boy interns have always been prominently featured in VF blog articles and videos. You’ll never see an example of Doug recruiting a homely, pimply complected, overweight, non-Caucasian intern. Doug’s intern criteria: White male, clear complected, handsome, buff, photogenic. Doug’s interns are there to serve as lady-magnets and eye-candy heartthrobs to loosen up the purse strings of the 80%+ Vision Forum patrons/donors who are women. If 80% of the Vision Forum patrons/supporters were men, you can be sure that Doug would instead have gorgeous young photogenic female interns, instead.

Archived