IGNORED

Keller Family Rift ?

luckylassie

I wonder how Anna feels about the "shunning" or her brother and sister. Maybe the parents are the only ones that feel the way they do about Daniel and his wife? It looks like (from F.B. posts) that Daniel is really bitter toward his dad.

It seems that Anna is ok with Susannah. Daniel made comment on FB about not being invited by Anna to Thanksgiving, his comment was "fuck that I wasn't invited."

Daniel is also very bitter about the mom, I recall he made some comments about wanting some lady to be his new mom.

I does appear that the oldest brother Daniel is on the outs with his parents, and Gothard siblings (Anna, possbily Priscilla). He still has contact with Rebecca and Suze, and is fb friends with his eldest sister, Esther. Not sure what has caused the rift; and it's not my business, because I've never met any of them, but I imagaine it must be hard to have come from a tight family to having very little contact. I hope he gets the support he needs.

It's very sad and I hope that the rift can be repaired. It's interesting that Anna can accept a sibling that dresses in a nonfundie matter yet doesn't extend the same love to her brother, Daniel. I don't understand that.

Her brother's only crime seems to be in viewing his wife as his equal.

It says something about Anna that she doesn't mind talking to the other siblings who have a disagreement with her father but not her brother. Are her views on wifely submission that rigid?

@debrand, I wonder too if Anna sees herself as spiritually higher than her brother and Susanna now (Just my opinion and curiosity not saying she actually thinks this way). I wonder if Anna thinks that her sister in law is not as holy as she is for not being totally submissive to Daniel and Mr. Keller (the father).

@debrand, I wonder too if Anna sees herself as spiritually higher than her brother and Susanna now (Just my opinion and curiosity not saying she actually thinks this way). I wonder if Anna thinks that her sister in law is not as holy as she is for not being totally submissive to Daniel and Mr. Keller (the father).

I can honestly see Anna having that attitude. She does come off as a smug at times.

Yes. I detect some definite smugness from J and A. It seems (to me) that Anna has become different over the last few years since we first saw her on the show in 08'. Just my perception though.

Wasn't there someone on the old forum who kind of knew of the Kellers and gave us some insight on what might have happened between Daniel and his parents?

Supposedly, the Kellers, mainly the dad, were upset at Daniel since they believed Candice was not being submissive to Daniel and "persuaded" him to move away from under the "patriarch umbrella" in Florida to South Carolina. I remember him having a status saying he wished he was adopted and his uncle responded back with something about how if he wasn't part of the Keller family, Daniel would not have had a cool uncle. From there, Candice said something like "And he would have had a better dad!" so i'm assuming there's a lot of tension between the parents and Daniel. It seems like he's still close with his Rebekah, Esther, and Susanna but not so much with Daniel. I think I read somewhere that Anna and Daniel were not really close growing up so maybe that's why I really don't keep in touch?

I think Smuggar's attitude has rubbed off onto Anna, cos she does sometimes brings out the "Holier than thou" attitude.

I think it will really interesting to watch how Anna's younger brothers that are still living at home are going to turn out since their older siblings are 50/50 divided into fundie and non-fundie!

Archived