Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

To all of our FJ song parodists and limerick writers:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(I suck at both.)

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you could post the link that would be great; I don't think anyone has yet. We should start keeping track of the Beall shamers. So far we have Kirk and Kevin.

wideopenground.com/philips-social-circle-defend-him-calling-those-who-disagree-ungodly/

Link broken because, eh! why not?

Oo, I just had a flash of parodism: (it's after the cartoon "George of the Jungle" theme, and therefore, you have to pronounce the name "Bell" as her parents intended)

Beall, Beall, Beall of south Texas

Used to sneer at us

Ah-ee-ah, ee-ah, ee-ah

Watch out for that bus!!!

I loved this song and will never here this same again. I don't know if I should love you or hate you. :lol:

I'm sorry.

Welcome to my world. Between Tom Lehrer (although he did alter tunes, as well), Allan Sherman, Anna Russell, MAD Magazine, Forbidden Broadway, Capitol Steps, and various family members, I never had a chance to keep the correct lyrics to anything in my head for long!

Whoever sees Scott Brown as a possible successor has a good memory.

ncfic.org/blog/posts/ncfic-history-where-it-all-began

The Ephesians511 blog is a dandy - gives a whole 'nother aspect to the man who raised Princess Kelly to think that BRADRICK! was the ideal man.

Between Tom Lehrer (although he did alter tunes, as well), Allan Sherman, Anna Russell, MAD Magazine, Forbidden Broadway, Capitol Steps, and various family members, I never had a chance to keep the correct lyrics to anything in my head for long!

:worship:

I have figured it all out. HGR the resident troll is the person that Doug Phillips is a tool had an "emotional" relationship with. It all makes perfect sense.

Uh, did I miss something? Who is HGR?

Its HomeGirlRuby. She has been banned finally after being quite the little troll. She is the one who told several fundie bloggers about us. You can search her username to learn more about her.

I really wanted to work something about being inappropriately romantic and affectionate into one of those song parodies. Found a song that works -- thank you, Sammy Cahn, for wanting to play around with long words.

Dougie sings:

Call me inappropriate – call me so romantic, and

Throw in too affectionate, too.

Don’t my foolish alibis ring true?

Well, I’m cov’ring up for a bigger boo-boo.

Call me one-dimensional - tell me I'm tyrannical,

I don’t care how I look to you!

Call me tool, and mock my looks, just don’t check in VF’s books!

’Cause it's undeniably true – I've set my foot in a pile of poo.

OfkcUqZMZ94

It's all in the name of crisis management/lockdown. This is just another sign that Dougie's brand is ready to avalanche. I'm titillated with excitement to see this all come crumbling down. It's about time.

And yes, I know I am off to the prayer closet for that and will spend some of that time in the Bog of Eternal Stench. I'm willing to take one for the team.

Maybe BRADRICK is now on the job? Damn, I am going to miss the pageantry....

Sung to the tune of "People," and with apologies in advance to Barbra Streisand:

Sheeple,

Dougie has his sheeple,

He’s the wealthiest too-ool in the world.

“Have children, keep on having children,

Keep all your quivers full,

And swallow all my bull,

While I hunt anacondas with my brethren.â€

Dougie,

Out of all his sheeple,

Chose the luckiest woman in the world

Dominion

Dougie took dominion

And now it’s taking its toll

Bad public opinion poll

Perhaps she was coerced!

But first, Doug’s a person who needs sheeple

Sheeple and more sheeple

He’s the tooliest too-ool in the world.

C'mon, Bradrick. The public is waiting for you to comment on the Dougie situation. We know you know that, and somehow your normally completely asshatted outspoken self is hiding away and being quiet. At what point, Petey, are you going to either defend your mentor or condemn him? I guess you and your father-in-law are trying to avoid saying anything until you know who is on Dougie's side and who isn't. That's very brave and Christian of you. I hope your followers are proud of your cowardice. The longer you wait, the further you fall. Just look at Dougie.

I just read this on Scott Brown's blog, written after the funeral for Doug's father.

He would often say, "Scott, thanks for being Doug's friend.†I knew his love for his son was at the bottom of that statement, for he was a father who hoped for loyal friends for his son.

So, is Scott Brown a loyal friend or not? :shock:

I usually just lurk here, but I've been following the VF clan for a long, long time. They make for an awesome hate-read. Doug is way too narcissistic to fall on his sword over "an emotional affair". This is the same man that weathered the Allosaur and Epstein scandals, only to come out smelling like a rose to his followers, and never even owning one speck of personal responsibility. His modus operandi is to deny everything, threaten legal action, and to paint his opponent as mentally unbalanced, unchristian, and with questionable motives. The majority of the flock buys it every single time.

Someone has now come along with enough dirt and enough clout in that subculture that Dougie is running scared. This time, the evidence is too damning and his opponent is way too respected. A character assassination won't be effective. As far as clout goes, there are only a few who fit the bill. Leininger, Brown, Don Hart (maybe), or Zes. I haven't noticed Leininger or Zes in the picture for some time (which may also explain some of the financial woes). I also don't think Don Hart has the name recognition needed to pull it off. Botkin and Baucham have been pretty distant for a few years now. (It's funny how fast Doug seems to churn through friendships.)

It could be external authorities (IRS, Law Enforcement), but if that was the case, why did he write that resignation statement? It reads like a confession made at gunpoint. The only purpose it could serve would be to placate someone enough to keep them from releasing the really juicy dirt.

I'm suspicious of Brown for these reasons: He fits the bill of someone who could really hurt Doug, he potentially has something to gain from all of this, there's evidence that he's tried to take over ministries before, and he is dead silent on this topic. Not even a vaguely worded statement about forgiving others, or a cryptic Bible verse. Then again, this is all speculation and Scotty may really be the faithful friend to the end, and Dougie may really have just wanted to confess to his sins and spend more time at home.

I'm sorry.

Welcome to my world. Between Tom Lehrer (although he did alter tunes, as well), Allan Sherman, Anna Russell, MAD Magazine, Forbidden Broadway, Capitol Steps, and various family members, I never had a chance to keep the correct lyrics to anything in my head for long!

I'll forgive you. :) I'm tempted to try and do Puff, The Magic Dragon myself but I'm not sure if I could do it well.. may try anyway.

Doug, the Magic Tool, lived by the sea...

Also I'm sheepish to admit I thought VF stood for Very Fundie instead of Vision Forum. Whoops!

So, is Scott Brown a loyal friend or not?

Wow, these guys are great at making any moment, including the death of the father of a friend/associate all about "them".

This is such a nasty passive aggressive statement. It implies a closeness between Doug's Father and Scott, that may exceed that between Doug and his father. It implies that Doug's Father believes that his son was not the type to have friends, especially loyal friends. It implies that the father sees Scott as almost doing Doug a favor by being his friend. It seems odd that a parent would thank someone he viewed as an equal to his son for being his friend--it implies a superior position for Scott, like a parent possibly thanking someone for being friends with Forrest Gump or Corky Thatcher.... not a fully functioning adult person.

What is it about these asshats that makes anyone follow them?

mnwnwmwmn -- outstanding analysis! Yes, Doug's handling of this situation, whatever it relates to -- whether finances or an extramarital affair -- is highly unusual in light of his litigiousness during past difficulties. He's on the defensive this time around, and that's not how he likes to operate. Someone else is defining this situation, and as Doug has often reminded us, "He who defines wins."

As for whom the hidden puppetmaster is, I wouldn't write Leininger off too quickly. He's never liked making his connections with VF visible, seeming happiest as the money behind the throne. He may still be a player.

Zandria,

Exactly. Your statement that "someone else is defining this situation" is spot on. Leininger could very well be the one behind all of this. I believe I read somewhere (a JensGems commenter?) that Leininger is the actual owner and puppetmaster of this whole thing. Doug is(was) really nothing more than a charismatic figurehead.

On a whim, I went to sermonaudio.com and listened to the sermon Scott Brown gave this past Sunday. He threw Phillips under the bus. I'm paraphrasing because the track is too long for me to find the exact quotes again, but he mentions "A dear friend who fell into grave sin", and repeats over and over again that anyone who falls into major sin has lived a life full of compromises up to that sin. The message is called "The Smell of Apostasy", so I think we're starting to see Scott play his hand.

Edited to say: Found it, he starts talking about Doug around the 39 minute mark.

Zandria,

Exactly. Your statement that "someone else is defining this situation" is spot on. Leininger could very well be the one behind all of this. I believe I read somewhere (a JensGems commenter?) that Leininger is the actual owner and puppetmaster of this whole thing. Doug is(was) really nothing more than a charismatic figurehead.

On a whim, I went to sermonaudio.com and listened to the sermon Scott Brown gave this past Sunday. He threw Phillips under the bus. I'm paraphrasing because the track is too long for me to find the exact quotes again, but he mentions "A dear friend who fell into grave sin", and repeats over and over again that anyone who falls into major sin has lived a life full of compromises up to that sin. The message is called "The Smell of Apostasy", so I think we're starting to see Scott play his hand.

Edited to say: Found it, he starts talking about Doug around the 39 minute mark.

Oooo, excellent sleuthing, mnwnwmwmn! Off to check it out!

Oooo, excellent sleuthing, mnwnwmwmn! Off to check it out!

Yep, Scott is finally talking about Dougie. His 11/10/2013 sermon. Starting at 39:41. Some of the things he says are:

"You don't fall into sin, you slide".

"Every public sin is a private sin for a long time before".

"No one just immediately falls into a sin".

He's treating the situation well, but I'm sure inside his head he's trying to figure out how to maximize his kingdom and salvage his own reputation as Dougie's "friend".

And where, oh where, is Petey's commentary? Knock, knock, knock -- Peter, you are no victim here. Hopefully you are just too busy with BRADRICK! to address the issue of your fallen master.

Zandria,

So what he basically is saying is that the Doug situation is much worse than we actually know? Or am I completely misunderstanding? (Too little sleep and coffee and not a native English speaker)

Clementine,

I interpreted it as vague admission that there was more sin in Doug's life than just this lapse in judgment (but we already knew that.) Near the end, he makes a statement about their being two kinds of people, those in sin, and those who can "sing", and it can be inferred that Doug is now in the Apostate class, at least in Scott's mind. It was tactfully done, but I definitely caught an undertone of him questioning Doug's spiritual state.

Clementine,

I interpreted it as vague admission that there was more sin in Doug's life than just this lapse in judgment (but we already knew that.) Near the end, he makes a statement about their being two kinds of people, those in sin, and those who can "sing", and it can be inferred that Doug is now in the Apostate class, at least in Scott's mind. It was tactfully done, but I definitely caught an undertone of him questioning Doug's spiritual state.

Thank you for the explanation. I have had a feeling that there is so much more to this story from the beginning - wonder if the Real Story will leak.

And Scott goes on to talk about vanity, which is an interesting choice of words. I gotta hand it to him, he's addressing Dougie's "sins" pretty well.

I encourage you to check out the sermon: http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.a ... 1013234550

Advance to 39:41 which is where he starts to talk about Dougie.

Yes, the "V Word" was uttered over and over. A vague accusation of effeminacy?

Speaking of which, I had to laugh when Brown exclaimed, "I could destroy everything I've worked to build for forty years in one moment if I kissed a girl!" Said to the young male interns who surround him constantly.

Yes, the "V Word" was uttered over and over. A vague accusation of effeminacy?

Speaking of which, I had to laugh when Brown exclaimed, "I could destroy everything I've worked to build for forty years in one moment if I kissed a girl!" Said to the young male interns who surround him constantly.

Yes, I thought that was quite telling. He knows what Dougie did and is trying to elude to it without putting it into specific detail. He also is warning his interns to stay pure, which has always been his message all along.

Still waiting to hear from Petie, though. He's hiding behind Scott's skirts and avoiding his own accountability. Which isn't very manly, now, is it?

Archived