IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

Well, I'm about to wallow in my own stench a bit, since I'm going to the gym. I don't exactly glory in it, but it's necessary.

Then I will cleanse myself with a nice warm shower.

I doubt I'll do any howling, but I might be able to get the dog going.

Shrieking, cackling and frothing are definitely out.

Criticizing Doug, however, will continue.

Yep - I, too, am about to wallow in sin, in the form of a bike ride with my Headship. I will endeavor to keep the shrieking, cackling, and frothing to a bare minimum. No dogs here, and our cats don't exactly howl, but they do make some interesting noises during their regularly-scheduled "let's chase each other around the house" rumble. That will have to do.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doug made a big deal out of his duet with daughter Faith at the film festival in FEBRUARY, remember? He was desperately clinging to and pawing at her, and she was doing her duty.

http://vimeo.com/59454915

But look at the first photo in this post at Jen's Gems to see her facial expression and body language backstage:

jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/proof-of-doug-phillips-repentance/

Also of interest in the comments section is that Doug Wilson allowed Jen's Phillips-critical comment to go through on his blog. Now, Wilson is known to be lenient with commenters who disagree with him, but still…

Doug made a big deal out of his duet with daughter Faith at the film festival in FEBRUARY, remember? He was desperately clinging to and pawing at her, and she was doing her duty.

But look at the first photo in this post at Jen's Gems to see her facial expression and body language backstage

I don't see that as significant -- that series of photos looks like Doug was doing some combination of last-minute instructions, pre-performance pep talk and prayer session. She could just be listening, showing respect, nervous about performing, etc.

Not that I don't think her life is horrible, but that pic just doesn't say much to me.

Aw, thanks. They're kind of old stories, but full of fundie apologia for rapists and groomers who preached 'the truth'. Our current and former SDA members may have heard of some of them. I'll make a thread after the long weekend when I have access to a pc rather than my phone.

In other news: Doug Phillips is a tool.

You mean like all that crap that went down at 3abn with the Sheltons?

Speaking of stench, does anyone else remember the movie "Labyrinth" with Jennifer Connelly and David Bowie? I know I'm dating myself, but at one point during their journey through the labyrinth, they arrive at the Bog of Eternal Stench, which is a bubbling body of thick water emitting smelly gas bubbles that pop at the surface. It was quite well done.

ETA: Okay, I couldn't resist. Here is the YouTube clip for the Bog:

Yep - I, too, am about to wallow in sin, in the form of a bike ride with my Headship. I will endeavor to keep the shrieking, cackling, and frothing to a bare minimum. No dogs here, and our cats don't exactly howl, but they do make some interesting noises during their regularly-scheduled "let's chase each other around the house" rumble. That will have to do.

After the Alabama/LSU game (ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!), SO and I may do some wallowing in sin in the bedroom tonight. :D

...the Bog of Eternal Stench, which is a bubbling body of thick water emitting smelly gas bubbles that pop at the surface.

I was thinking of the opening credits of Shrek, where he's bathing in the muddy swamp and farting contentedly. Maybe it's the same place!

I was thinking of the opening credits of Shrek, where he's bathing in the muddy swamp and farting contentedly. Maybe it's the same place!

YES! I'd forgotten about the Shrek scene! And you really only have to go to Yellowstone once to know what the mildest of these stinky bubbling pots are like. LOL.

Don't know if anyone's caught this yet, but the VF Ministries Father-Daughter Retreat web page (event is scheduled for April 4-6, 2014), says "Registration Closed." We may need to steel ourselves for the shock of doing without that timeless event, along with next year's film fest.

No high tea on the lawn...no tussy mussies...no daddy-shaving...no Botkinettes... :cracking-up:

Don't know if anyone's caught this yet, but the VF Ministries Father-Daughter Retreat web page (event is scheduled for April 4-6, 2014), says "Registration Closed." We may need to steel ourselves for the shock of doing without that timeless event, along with next year's film fest.

No high tea on the lawn...no tussy mussies...no daddy-shaving...no Botkinettes... :cracking-up:

Interesting. It was still open a few days after his announcement because I specifically looked.

Interesting. It was still open a few days after his announcement because I specifically looked.

It's all in the name of crisis management/lockdown. This is just another sign that Dougie's brand is ready to avalanche. I'm titillated with excitement to see this all come crumbling down. It's about time.

And yes, I know I am off to the prayer closet for that and will spend some of that time in the Bog of Eternal Stench. I'm willing to take one for the team.

Perry C. has locked down his Facebook. At the tool's behest? I wonder what's on the horizon?

Who is Perry C?

Aside from wanting to hear from Peter Bradrick and Scott Brown, I'd love to hear from Tait Zimmerman. He's the begger who begged for all beggedness through Dougie and VF to raise $100K in donations to pay off the medical bills for his son from 5 years ago (after he'd then gone on to have 3 other children). He owes his livelihood to Dougie. But he's been silent as well. He's still a-preachin', but he hasn't said a word about his hero. Hmmmm. And Tait's sister is married to Philip LeClerc, who is a Christian filmmaker and has been featured at Dougie's film academy and festival. Complete silence from Philip as well.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Speaking of stench, does anyone else remember the movie "Labyrinth" with Jennifer Connelly and David Bowie? I know I'm dating myself, but at one point during their journey through the labyrinth, they arrive at the Bog of Eternal Stench, which is a bubbling body of thick water emitting smelly gas bubbles that pop at the surface. It was quite well done.

ETA: Okay, I couldn't resist. Here is the YouTube clip for the Bog:

I just watched that movie a few nights ago. Love it.

I just watched that movie a few nights ago. Love it.

I own it on videotape and DVD. LOL! It was such good Henson! A lot of people don't really appreciate the genius behind the movie. It will likely be a cult classic someday. The David Bowie and his 80's look alone is epic. And, well, there's Ambrosia. LOL. Well, and the obvious Bog.

I own it on videotape and DVD. LOL! It was such good Henson! A lot of people don't really appreciate the genius behind the movie. It will likely be a cult classic someday. The David Bowie and his 80's look alone is epic. And, well, there's Ambrosia. LOL. Well, and the obvious Bog.

We had it on VHS and that and Howard the Duck were the two my older brother and I watched the most.

I'm relieved. There are few things in life that creep me out more than daddy-daughter relationships according to the Gospel of Vision Forum. :ew:

This is a fast-moving thread, so it may have been mentioned, but did you notice what Kirk Cameron tweeted on November 4? "Home Happiness Depends on the Wife," with a helpful article linked.

twitter.com/KirkCameron/status/397356563280982016

Coincidence? Hmm...

Edited to break link.

Edited again to ask: Do we need to break links to Twitter? I'm trying to make sure I break all links and only post public stuff, but with this topic and the abundance of info, I feel like it's only a matter of time 'til I do something wrong!

But look at the first photo in this post at Jen's Gems to see her facial expression and body language backstage:

jensgems.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/proof-of-doug-phillips-repentance/

I think this video was linked a few days back on the old thread but I don't remember if anyone commented on it, soooo… is anyone else extremely creeped out by this? I was just twitching through the whole thing….from that bit about 'Daddy, we want to go on hazardous journeys too' from his daughters….one can only imagine the conversations that must have caused…..to Doug's incessant preening of his daughter. At one point he turns to the audience, strokes her hair and it feels like he is showing off this possession that he created.

I might have found the whole thing less startlingly disturbing if I weren't thinking about the recent scandal. Did anyone else have an overwhelming 'ick' reaction??

[Edited to add: ]

Nevermind, there was a whole thread on it…. http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=490178 But I think it is much worse to look back at this video now. ]

It's too bad that video is done on Vimeo. My computer can't play Vimeos -- I think the format is too high out of my computer's capability. Can someone convert it to a You Tube?

I might have found the whole thing less startlingly disturbing if I weren't thinking about the recent scandal. Did anyone else have an overwhelming 'ick' reaction??

My 'ick' rxn is not informed by any recent scandal. The fact that he may or may not have put his tool in a place it did not belong &/or cooked the books at VFM has far less to do with it than the crap he openly, even proudly, peddled encouraging emotional incest and patriarchal worship when he was up on his.pedestal being worshiped as a man of wisdom.

That was just as creepy when it was filmed as it is today. Doug is a tool, Doug always has been a tool, Doug will always be a tool.

Did he really say "when all the boys goes off on a hazardous journey"?

eta: I listened again, yes, that is what he said. Doug the tool doesn't know that it should be when all the boys go off on a hazardous journey.

It's all in the name of crisis management/lockdown. This is just another sign that Dougie's brand is ready to avalanche. I'm titillated with excitement to see this all come crumbling down. It's about time.

And yes, I know I am off to the prayer closet for that and will spend some of that time in the Bog of Eternal Stench. I'm willing to take one for the team.

Well interesting tidbit that Marian posted. So, thus far, no one still knows who the "mystery woman" is and yes, as I thought, fellow VF'ers are going at him like hyenas.

It doesn't surprise me at all the way they are turning on him. I think this one is really going to be providing some great entertainment for awhile. And I just bought a new popcorn machine. :popcorn2: What timing.

Oh and Dougie is a :music-tool:

Archived