IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

I'm sure the families of the current group of interns aren't too happy about all this. IIRC, they pay VF for the internship, don't they? They are getting a little more than they bargained for in terms of education for their "men" -- those boys will come out of the program with excellent blog-scrubbing and brand-triage skills and a whole new "respect" for church elders, I'm sure!

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s ego is far too big, and his sense of being a Godly Warrior is too ingrained, to allow him to quietly slip off into obscurity. No, he'll be back: a book about his persecution by feminists/the liberal media/Satan, the book tour, speaking engagements, founding a "Christian" marriage counseling service, "atoning" for his sins by performing "mission" work in Bali, Aruba, Key West, the steam room at the YMCA...there are endless possibilities. No way is Doug Phillips (who is a tool) going to just fade away.

Of course, if it turns out that there is more to the current story that just an "inappropriate relationship with a woman, really, it was definitely a woman", his Redemption Tour might include dressing up in an orange jumpsuit and preaching to fellow inmates at some white collar prison. This tragedy--orange is so not his colour!--would make excellent fodder for books, sermons and his new mission to eliminate polyester from prison wardrobes.

Any bets on who among his inner circle will be the first publicly throw him under the bus?

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I'd love to know Michelle Duggar's thoughts on the Doug debacle - if memory serves me correctly she considers Doug and Beall as good friends. I was looking on the Parentables site for the article where Michelle was discussing embarassing her daughters, since I'm pretty sure the car they were honking at had Doug and Beall in it (she wanted to say hi), but I can't find it.

Oooh, someone should ask her!!

I think Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s ego is far too big, and his sense of being a Godly Warrior is too ingrained, to allow him to quietly slip off into obscurity. No, he'll be back: a book about his persecution by feminists/the liberal media/Satan, the book tour, speaking engagements, founding a "Christian" marriage counseling service, "atoning" for his sins by performing "mission" work in Bali, Aruba, Key West, the steam room at the YMCA...there are endless possibilities. No way is Doug Phillips (who is a tool) going to just fade away.

Of course, if it turns out that there is more to the current story that just an "inappropriate relationship with a woman, really, it was definitely a woman", his Redemption Tour might include dressing up in an orange jumpsuit and preaching to fellow inmates at some white collar prison. This tragedy--orange is so not his colour!--would make excellent fodder for books, sermons and his new mission to eliminate polyester from prison wardrobes.

Any bets on who among his inner circle will be the first publicly throw him under the bus?

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I feel as though dlisted's Michael K is among us, in Mary CDoates form. Excellent snark!!

Back to the reported BCA resignation in Feb. '13. The most recent film festival was in Feb. '13.

Some one posted photos of Doug kneeling and Beall looking angelic and said they were from BCA but Jen's gems SW's theyre obviously from film Fest.

What's up, what's up, what is up???!!!

I just found about Doug Phillips.WOW!Right after he resigned there was the Worship of God conference put on by NCFIC.I wonder if at the conference i any knew about Doug or very hush hush.Gossip probably was big.

My 2 cents was he had an affair because beal finally stood up to him and said No.

This comment is typical of what I've been seeing around the blogosphere:

"Rumor has it that it was a former nanny who shall remain nameless to protect her identity. Her daddy worked for Dougie (the Tool) in one of his warehouses, so there was a definite socio-economic gap, as well as the employer/employee thing, not to mention the male as spiritual leader crap that these people believe in."

duggarswithoutpity.blogspot.com/2013/10/doug-phillips-who-crowned-michelle.html

Why do people assume that these things mean she was manipulated into an affair? Couldn't they just as easily mean she was manipulated into a cover-up?

With Doug's track record, one would think he would not mind the woman's name being leaked; at least it would take some of the heat off him. But no... There seems to be a concerted effort to hide her identity. Jennie Chancey's post, for example, reeked of desperation. "Stop gossiping! Stop speculating! It doesn't matter who she is! IT DOESN'T MATTER!" In this notoriously Jezebel-blaming subculture, the supposed Jezebel is being protected. Why?

No, I don't want to "drag this woman's name through the mud," but neither does Doug Phillips-- and that's gotta be a first for him.

[quote="MamaJunebug"

Back to the reported BCA resignation in Feb. '13. The most recent film festival was in Feb. '13.

Some one posted photos of Doug kneeling and Beall looking angelic and said they were from BCA but Jen's gems SW's theyre obviously from film Fest.

What's up, what's up, what is up???!!!

Is it possible that this "relationship" could be something more like a prostitute situation?

Also, I think (and hope) that in the years to come, hindsight will be that this was the best thing that could have happened to these kiddos.

Knock Knock

Who's There

Doug

Doug Who

Doug Who is a Tool

"Rumor has it that it was a former nanny who shall remain nameless to protect her identity. Her daddy worked for Dougie (the Tool) in one of his warehouses, so there was a definite socio-economic gap, as well as the employer/employee thing, not to mention the male as spiritual leader crap that these people believe in."

Why do people assume that these things mean she was manipulated into an affair? Couldn't they just as easily mean she was manipulated into a cover-up?

With Doug's track record, one would think he would not mind the woman's name being leaked; at least it would take some of the heat off him. But no... There seems to be a concerted effort to hide her identity. Jennie Chancey's post, for example, reeked of desperation. "Stop gossiping! Stop speculating! It doesn't matter who she is! IT DOESN'T MATTER!" In this notoriously Jezebel-blaming subculture, the supposed Jezebel is being protected. Why?

No, I don't want to "drag this woman's name through the mud," but neither does Doug Phillips-- and that's gotta be a first for him.

I try not to blaspheme the Savior's name, but JAYCEE! That Chancey woman is a gift that keeps on giving. She writes:

Read the full letter at THIS LINK. Several passages of Scripture come to mind, instructing Christians how to treat a repentant sinner (particularly a brother):

n

"particularly a brother"?!? It really never ends, with these people, does it? Great post, DomWack.

Re: the bolded, the longer this goes on, the more I am convinced that there is indeed an effort being made to keep her name from being known for whatever reason(s). I thought it rather curious that Dougie didn't leak the name out in the first place as it would have been consistent with his "blame the woman" beliefs. Or at least made no effort to keep her name from being discovered by others because you know that there's VF folks who are going to make it their business to find out who the Jezebel is and out her. But there's nothing and it appears that even VF folks have any real idea either in spite of what has to be massive gossiping, speculation and very serious effort to find out who she is. That's interesting.

Re: the bolded, the longer this goes on, the more I am convinced that there is indeed an effort being made to keep her name from being known for whatever reason(s). I thought it rather curious that Dougie didn't leak the name out in the first place as it would have been consistent with his "blame the woman" beliefs. Or at least made no effort to keep her name from being discovered by others because you know that there's VF folks who are going to make it their business to find out who the Jezebel is and out her. But there's nothing and it appears that even VF folks have any real idea either. That's interesting.

Or there is no woman, but a boy or man (or farm animal) OR it is ALL financial or some combination. Something worse than an affair with everything bu biblical knowledge.

I'd love to know Michelle Duggar's thoughts on the Doug debacle - if memory serves me correctly she considers Doug and Beall as good friends. I was looking on the Parentables site for the article where Michelle was discussing embarassing her daughters, since I'm pretty sure the car they were honking at had Doug and Beall in it (she wanted to say hi), but I can't find it.

If anyone can direct me to this, I'm new to the Duggar circus and curious.

Eta: I just wish I had a great community like this to discuss tools in my denomination who have lambasted women and then been found to have relations "in the biblical sense" ... like Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

DomWack, I'm reading that post as the possible ways Dougie the Tool could abuse his authority. After all, I don't think anyone here believes he sees women as his equal in ANY situation, therefore, she likely held him up on a pedestal and yes, I think he took advantage of whomever the person was. JMHO.

DomWack, I'm reading that post as the possible ways Dougie the Tool could abuse his authority. After all, I don't think anyone here believes he sees women as his equal in ANY situation, therefore, she likely held him up on a pedestal and yes, I think he took advantage of whomever the person was. JMHO.

ITA, marmalade; it's just a question of how he took advantage of her. I hope no one took my post as any kind of "shaming" of the woman, because for me, it's ALL on Doug.

Or there is no woman, but a boy or man (or farm animal) OR it is ALL financial or some combination. Something worse than an affair with everything bu biblical knowledge.

Or it's all of the above (including with a woman) but they selected the one reason amongst them that would be the most acceptable to the VF community because of their "blame the woman" teachings. The no "biblical knowledge" claim is a mere technicality and everything else happened but that.

Do agree that there's a lot more to Dougie's resignation than a mere affair. There's other stuff going on, just not sure that stuff was just overlooked/ignored/tolerated or not thought of because of Doug's deity status and now that he's fallen, all bets are off or this is part of a step by step process of discovery and / or dealing with it.

ETA: I didn't think DWT's post above was shaming; it's clearly on Doug however it happened.

I think his "inappropriate" non-sexual relationship with a woman ("A woman! Female! Definitely female!") is the most acceptable excuse for him to retreat from the public eye. His followers can tsk-tsk a bit over that, but, you know, it must have been that Jezebel's fault, taking advantage of Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s attempts to minister (heh) to her spiritual needs (double heh).

Not sure his buds at VF would be so charitable or forgiving if it turns out Doug Phillips (who is a tool) was playing fast and loose with the interns and/or with VF finances, especially the finances. C'mon, you VF insiders--spill!

Just re-reading Quiverful by Kathryn Joyce. I don't get the impression that she is one of Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s biggest fans. Has she commented on the latest developments at VF?

Also...Doug Phillips is a tool.

I've read in a few places that there's also a hush-hush financial investigation going on as well, which sounds plausible to me, but I have no idea whether or not it's true or where people are getting their information.

Eta: I just wish I had a great community like this to discuss tools in my denomination who have lambasted women and then been found to have relations "in the biblical sense" ... like Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

If they are on the Internet, we're your community, if you feel comfortable linking them in a new topic.

From WonderinginWA, old thread:

I believe Tim and Dan Horn are brothers, yes. Without doing research I don't have time for at this very moment, they are both red-head boys in their mid-30s, I believe. One of the Horn boys was in the first of Dougie's intern groups along with Petey Bradrick and Nathaniel Darnell and a couple of others. They called themselves The First Brigade, the maiden boyage, as it were.

Maybe they are related somehow, but they are most definitely not brothers. Tim has a younger sister, Cara(who is married to Michael Fowl, discussed on yuku) and a younger brother John(not to be confused with Joshua Horn, son of Dan Horn), who works as a Wholesale Manager for Vision Forum(source: LinkedIN). His mum posts on Frugal Hacks(KimC's page) and talks about 3 children. Tim's dad Jeffrey works at VF as well (LinkedIn: Assistant Director of Fulfillment at The Vision Forum) and the whole family relocated from NJ to SA after Tim's internship.

From WonderinginWA, old thread:

Maybe they are related somehow, but they are most definitely not brothers. Tim has a younger sister, Cara(who is married to Michael Fowl, discussed on yuku) and a younger brother John(not to be confused with Joshua Horn, son of Dan Horn), who works as a Wholesale Manager for Vision Forum(source: LinkedIN). His mum posts on Frugal Hacks(KimC's page) and talks about 3 children. Tim's dad Jeffrey works at VF as well (LinkedIn: Assistant Director of Fulfillment at The Vision Forum) and the whole family relocated from NJ to SA after Tim's internship.

Thanks, Drunkenbutterfly! I wasn't sure but thought they were brothers. I'd be willing to guess they are somehow related, though.

Come to think about it, I think Dan Horn has been seen rubbing elbows with Pa Serven (who is a VF fan and has been known to co-officiate weddings on occasion with Doug Phillips Who is a Tool). Maybe that's where I know his name.

ETA: Dan Horn is all locked up in NCFIC (Scott Brown's dog and pony show, which we know is one step away from VF): ncfic.org/events/view/the-worship-of-god?tab=speakers

Kamilla tells Stacy that she has a new name for us haters: "pharisettes." Stacy's totally stealing it, OMG!

facebook.com/stacy.mcdonald/posts/10201703903471489

Kamilla tells Stacy that she has a new name for us haters: "pharisettes." Stacy's totally stealing it, OMG!

facebook.com/stacy.mcdonald/posts/10201703903471489

Ooh, I like it! Maybe it can be a new post count name, although I'll always have fond memories of being an Anaconda Hunter.

And Doug Phillips is a tool, as well as the Patron Saint of Anaconda Hunters.

Ooh, I like it! Maybe it can be a new post count name, although I'll always have fond memories of being an Anaconda Hunter.

And Doug Phillips is a tool, as well as the Patron Saint of Anaconda Hunters.

Now, now, Mary. You can't be an Anaconda Hunter forever. Afterall, there is...(wait for it)...So. Much. More.

If they are on the Internet, we're your community, if you feel comfortable linking them in a new topic.

Aw, thanks. They're kind of old stories, but full of fundie apologia for rapists and groomers who preached 'the truth'. Our current and former SDA members may have heard of some of them. I'll make a thread after the long weekend when I have access to a pc rather than my phone.

In other news: Doug Phillips is a tool.

Of course, my "everything's a song cue" brain went right to this:

I love Pharisettes in spring time

I love Pharisettes in fall

I love Pharisettes in summer when it sizzles

I love Pharisettes in winter when it drizzles

Archived