IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting here so I will be notified when this thread is updated. Sorry, but this is the only way I know how to follow efficiently!

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Did we know Perry Coughlan is a director?! I've been reading Life in a Shoe for a while, and I was under the impression they were struggling!

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Did we know Perry Coughlan is a director?! I've been reading Life in a Shoe for a while, and I was under the impression they were struggling!

I think both can be true at the same time. They have a lot of kids. And even as a director he probably doesn't make enough for all that

So, for years I have been a member of an online Christian mothering board. And a few of those women have become personal friends of mine. They are conservative and homeschoolers (which I am not), but we have learned some common ground in our efforts to best mother our children.

I haven't said anything to any of them (there are 3 I am most closest to personally) about the Dougie thing, but today they all caught wind of it on their own. So it is finally trickling down to even the homeschooling moms who generally aren't spending time on boards like FJ. Each one of them is disappointed in the shadow cast by Dougie on the homeschooling community, and I don't blame them.

I'd love to know Michelle Duggar's thoughts on the Doug debacle - if memory serves me correctly she considers Doug and Beall as good friends. I was looking on the Parentables site for the article where Michelle was discussing embarassing her daughters, since I'm pretty sure the car they were honking at had Doug and Beall in it (she wanted to say hi), but I can't find it.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I've always wondered how they could afford to move from their tiny, unfinished house in the country to a larger, more suburban type house in the city. Maybe that became possible after he was made a director?

I've always wondered how they could afford to move from their tiny, unfinished house in the country to a larger, more suburban type house in the city. Maybe that became possible after he was made a director?

Didn't a relative of theirs purchase the old house/property? They could have put that money toward the new house. I also have wondered if Perry got a raise recently, though.

Didn't a relative of theirs purchase the old house/property? They could have put that money toward the new house. I also have wondered if Perry got a raise recently, though.

You're right, I was thinking Kim's brother was renting their old house, but I just searched the blog and he did buy it.

From what I understand from reading the In a Shoe blog is that when Perry got the job at VF they left a home in Ohio to move to Texas and they had not sold it when they moved. IMO this is why they built their own house out in the boonies and paid for it as they built it b/c they were still under a mortgage for the house in Ohio. I think they ended up short selling the house in Ohio because in the story Kim told of moving to the city she mentioned that the time limit on when their credit was clear to qualify for another mortgage was the week they found the city house.

The only downside to the VF "scandal" is no more awesome LOL Doug Phillips is a tool picture fodder. Has provided some interesting moments just when I needed the humor.

The only downside to the VF "scandal" is no more awesome LOL Doug Phillips is a tool picture fodder. Has provided some interesting moments just when I needed the humor.

No Greece pictures :cry:

No more wide stance photos, either. Although I think we have a nice collection that will never ever be lost! And if he accomplished anything during his career, it's that he's passed that stance on to many fine young Christian men.

Why the hell would he, of all people, adopt the wide stance? It makes him look about 4'8" tops. Pretty much the opposite of manly (no offense to the LP community, just Dougie the Tool's masculinity, or lack thereof).

Why the hell would he, of all people, adopt the wide stance? It makes him look about 4'8" tops. Pretty much the opposite of manly (no offense to the LP community, just Dougie the Tool's masculinity, or lack thereof).

To prove he isn't emasculated by his height, he spreads his legs to imply he's so well-endowed in his pants he needs to stand like that so he doesn't fall over forward. It's all in the name of balance.

No Greece pictures :cry:

No more pictures of Doug in costumes, no more manly hazardous journeys to far away places, no more anaconda hunting expeditions, no more videos to snark on. :(

I hate when my favourite fundies leave the internet. First Meredith and now Doug. I haven't found any good blogs to replace them either.

Besides that, I really, really wonder what Scott Brown and Peter Bradrick and their families discuss now. Would love to be a fly on the wall there....

Besides that, I really, really wonder what Scott Brown and Peter Bradrick and their families discuss now. Would love to be a fly on the wall there.

My sincere belief is that the conversations of many if not most of those most associated with him is--"What does this mean to me financially?" "What does this do to our organization--should we try to salvage or move on to a different brand?" "How can I leverage this to propel my career forward." "How can I avoid looking too very disloyal while distancing myself to avoid splash as Doug becomes a shit magnet?" "How can I make sure my knowledge of what was really going on does not hurt me." "If we make sure Doug's done, can we split up the spoils in a new version/new company?"

Meanwhile, the pillow talk may include a variation on "Ding dong the witch is dead."

My sincere belief is that the conversations of many if not most of those most associated with him is--"What does this mean to me financially?" "What does this do to our organization--should we try to salvage or move on to a different brand?" "How can I leverage this to propel my career forward." "How can I avoid looking too very disloyal while distancing myself to avoid splash as Doug becomes a shit magnet?" "How can I make sure my knowledge of what was really going on does not hurt me." "If we make sure Doug's done, can we split up the spoils in a new version/new company?"

Meanwhile, the pillow talk may include a variation on "Ding dong the witch is dead."

I sense that Stacy's been heating up a lot of "precious oils" lately. (BARF)

VF is so much a projection of Doug Phillips the tool's personality that I can't see how it can survive without him. I think it might fold or re-group under a new name.

Also, the fact that the Duggars have been getting involved with VF is also curious. Since the VF crowd likes to project a more refined image than other fundie groups, maybe this is a way for the Duggars to show that they're "made it" so to speak, that they are proper "ladies and gentlemen" rather than the country bumpkins they often appear to be on their own show.

apologies if this is a repeat, but pretty sure it's not

Religion News Service has a comment from a fellow who - well, here it is:

Dan Busby, president of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability — a certification agency that does not count Phillips’ ministry as a member — said it’s not unusual to see a related for-profit business next to a nonprofit ministry. For-profits are often used for unrelated business income that would not jeopardize the tax-exempt status of a nonprofit, but it can cause perception issues.

“Segregating the nonprofit and for-profit activities and the financial transactions related to the two types of organizations is a critical aspect of these side-by-side organizations,†he said.

Here's the link:

http://www.religionnews.com/2013/11/06/ ... -business/

Wish I knew a CPA who could dumb-down an explanation of the prudence of what Doug Phillips has done in his resignation, because you know that's the keyword here: prudence. Something is *so* up!

Be sure to google SAICFF 2013 and add "santorum" for some wistful fun. The first hit got me to their media release about the winners. All of Phillips' "older children" are on the stage for the awards presentations. Jubilee or Faith or Honesty or whoever the oldest girl is was rocking the serious-horn-rimmed eyeglasses. :) And a few now-precious, possibly soon-to-be scrubbed photos of beaming Phillips (let the LOLDougs begin!).

When I added the "santorum" request, the hit was spot-on, with the Senator's glowing words about Phillips & Company. Best part was that in reading all the way to the end, one of the suggested links includes Miley Cyrus nekkid-on-a-wrecking-ball photo. It was fun to imagine the patriarchs trembling to close that page, close it, I say!, when they came to that image.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-9th ... efenseless

Archived