IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

Zach looks very happy and excited. Erin and Chad look genuinely happy in those pics. I agree, Jinger needs to lay off the self tan. Who is the Yong woman next to her? She doesn't look like a Duggar.

It's Jana Duggar... maybe she looks different because we don't see as much of her as some of the others, and her appearance is really contrasting with Jinger's.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen plenty of young women who have the same orange complexion as Jinger. They don't have liver problems, they're just overdoing it with the tanning beds or spray tan. It's not a good look for anyone.

What I'd be more worried about is why she's using so much self tanner. Does she think she's too pale? If so, maybe she's anemic. I remember in that episode where they went to give blood, some of the girls had low iron. That's not something to mess around with. I hope the Duggars would take that seriously, get their daughters tested, and treated if it's a problem. Anemia can wreak havoc on a person's mental and physical health, and appearance - and spray tan isn't the way to treat it.

Jinger's fine, she just overdoes the fake tan.

I think she just overdoes it so much because she wants to be different and unique. I guess its hard being one of 19, treated like a number and trotted out to do appearances and play violin like a performing seal. I think she wants to stand out and be more than just one of Michelle and Jimbob's eleventy billion children who 90% of viewers cant tell apart. Its kinda sad, cause she doesn't need all the fake tan and make up to look pretty, shes pretty just the way she is, and is already a unique person because of how she is naturally.

I think fake tan is one of those things your eyes adjust to and then you stop seeing it. It's my explanation for why half the girls I went to school with are oompa-loompa orange.

At least she doesn't have the frosted lipstick.

I say let Jinger use all the fake tanner she can get her hands on. When she has so little decision-making privileges regarding her appearance, if this is the only way she can find to differentiate herself from her siblings/fundie peers, then she should rock that oompa-loompa orange like its a tattoo.

(And Jinger, if you ever read this...I have an empty guest room and a paying job when you're ready)

Kelly's babymaking days are probably done, bu *if* she were to conceive and birth a healthy 20th child, I'd watch the show just to see Jichelle trying to keep sweet.

Kelly's babymaking days are probably done, bu *if* she were to conceive and birth a healthy 20th child, I'd watch the show just to see Jichelle trying to keep sweet.

If there is anything that would trigger a breaking point for her, that would probably be it...

Or once she sees her healthy daughters bearing kids...

Jinger's fine, she just overdoes the fake tan.

I think she just overdoes it so much because she wants to be different and unique.

Hi, I'm Jinger and I'm the orangest of 19 kids!

:embarrassed:

Guest LilaFowler
I say let Jinger use all the fake tanner she can get her hands on. When she has so little decision-making privileges regarding her appearance, if this is the only way she can find to differentiate herself from her siblings/fundie peers, then she should rock that oompa-loompa orange like its a tattoo.

(And Jinger, if you ever read this...I have an empty guest room and a paying job when you're ready)

No, the severe tanning needs to go. Jinger looks like shit, fundie or not.

If you look closely at Jinger, I think she has a bit of acne and/or acne scarring going on... Maybe the tan is her way of trying to minimise that?

If you look closely at Jinger, I think she has a bit of acne and/or acne scarring going on... Maybe the tan is her way of trying to minimise that?

There are medicated concealers for that. If she has acne, the self tanner she uses can make it worse.

back to subject,I commend the Bates for pulling off these 2 weddings so close to the holidays.I know in my family,it couldn't have been done,and we aren't nearly the same size.We just get pulled in so many different directions between the 2 families at this time of the year,that it would have been difficult.(those darned all-important gifts n get togethers for the in-laws!). They must've lifted some of the burdens and guilt-trips for them over this time of year to pull this off.

I have nothing to say relating to the discussion but I just have to brag that I have read all 31 pages of this thread today! Slightly brain dead now but hey, it's Christmas holidays and it's too hot to do anything active.

I don't see anything that looks like a bump. I wouldn't worry. Although it would be kind of awesome to see Kelly get to 20 kids instead of Michelle, I think their baby making days are over.

There was a comment on the blog a while ago, asking about #20 and Kelly basically said their baby days are over, which leads me to believe that she's menopausal.

I am getting very tired of the Zach + Whitney selfies on their blog. They need to find more creative ways to take pictures.

I am getting very tired of the Zach + Whitney selfies on their blog. They need to find more creative ways to take pictures.

awah, they're newlywed's. I think it's cute. They do seem so in love. I hope they will update about their new home and "life". I wonder if she's still working at Sonic and how her school is doing. It would be a shame for her to obtain an education of an actual work skill and not be able to use it.

The selfies are a good sign. It means they're getting lots of time alone. I get the feeling that so many of these fundies are closely monitored by their families even after they're married. With all the honeymoon pics of Whitney that are cropped at the waist, I'm sure she's wearing pants/shorts in at least a few of them. Hopefully these two are enjoying having privacy and figuring out what 'rules' they really want to live by.

Interesting that the recent posted pictures show the guys full length and every one with Whitney in it is cropped. I hope I'm not reading too much into that.

In one of her comments she wrote that she's still working a few days a week.

You know they went to Disneyworld when they got engaged? I don't think Kelly posted any pics of that. I'm nosey so I want to see their house and know her adoption story.

I look at Whitney's pictures that are cropped and find it hard to believe such a cute, fashionable young lady would be wearing a skirt and sneakers on the bottom. Doesn't make sense. With Kelly posting Zack's blog on the Bates family website I doubt we will see too many pant wearing pictures soon.

Interesting that the recent posted pictures show the guys full length and every one with Whitney in it is cropped. I hope I'm not reading too much into that.

There are full length photos on Zach and Whit's blog. I think she looks like my friend, who walked down the aisle /honeymooned preggers, but it could honestly also be how Whit carries weight. I also find Zach's arm placement suspicious (his hand/arm are frequently on her lower abdomen).

However, Whit could just carry weight around her midsection and be sensitive to any photos showing it. Zach could just be awkward and not know how to pose with a lady or trying to help her hide an area he knows she hates.

I don't think it's likely, but I'd LOVE to see Kelly handle that!

I do think there is something to the theory that maybe they liked Whitney more when she was drinking the Kool Aid...

Archived