IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

Andrew and Lourdes Torres, super-attractive minions of Dougie, should be added.

Jean Marie is 25. And I agree, her overly emotive blog is full of death, tears and drama - hardly what I'd consider a "sweet life."

I worry about Jean. I think she should seek professional help for her emotional issues--seriously. I don't think it's healthy or normal to deeply grieve every time someone vaguely connected to her dies.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Jessa D.'s Ben Seawald from an ATI family? I just see JB as being more of a follower and I would think he would only want his offspring to marry into other ATI families,but I could be wrong,as long as they are still fundies.

Bill Gothard. Too bad not having ever married or had children didn't stop him from becoming a self appointed expert.

I suspect he is quite a playboy on the side (ick,imo) but other than that,I think he likes the rep. of not being married,bc he wants ppl to think he is a 70 some y.o. virgin (ha!,yeah right),and he is,IMO,nothing short of a false Christ. And as such.......................like Jesus,he must remain single in order to better translate into such.

I suspect he is quite a playboy on the side (ick,imo) but other than that,I think he likes the rep. of not being married,bc he wants ppl to think he is a 70 some y.o. virgin (ha!,yeah right),and he is,IMO,nothing short of a false Christ. And as such.......................like Jesus,he must remain single in order to better translate into such.

I'll put him on the list if you guys want me to.

I'll put him on the list if you guys want me to.

Heck yes!! Gothard is the Exhibit A of the Exhibit A's!!

Heck yes!! Gothard is the Exhibit A of the Exhibit A's!!

I gave him a prominent place at the top instead of burying him in the middle of the alphabet.

A few thoughts about the list:

Some family have done a better job than of marrying off their children . The majority of adult Beasleys and Mortons are married. There may be others that I've forgotten.

There are more men over 30 than I thought there would be.

I wonder how fundies are reacting to this list.

Someone asked about the Seewalds. I think from what we've been able to ascertain, they're possibly VF. The 16/17 year old sister has a FB account in which she is pictured wearing jeans, tight jeans. They also appear to listen to mainstream music. These things alone take the possibility of them belonging to ATI off the table. IIRC, Ben said he contacted Jessa via email to Boob (the website? not very clear) after seeing the show (so they also have teevee).

A few thoughts about the list:

Some family have done a better job than of marrying off their children . The majority of adult Beasleys and Mortons are married. There may be others that I've forgotten.

There are more men over 30 than I thought there would be.

I wonder how fundies are reacting to this list.

Yeah not all families are total failures. It seems that the Bates are finally starting to marry some off. But of course, that is coming after a courtship disaster and Gil' and Kelly realizing the traditional courtship model wasn't working.

As to the Seewald's fundie leanings, I think JB can care less these days. He's worshiping the almighty dollar these days instead of Gothard.

What about Wesley Strackbein? He is in his late 30's and I never had the impression that he is married. Does anyone know about that?

Keller's seem to be doing the best at courtship, since they've technically only had one "failure" which was Suze. There other daughter who isn't fundie anymore still followed courtship didn't she?

I gave him a prominent place at the top instead of burying him in the middle of the alphabet.

Thank you!!

:)

Yeah not all families are total failures. It seems that the Bates are finally starting to marry some off. But of course, that is coming after a courtship disaster and Gil' and Kelly realizing the traditional courtship model wasn't working.

As to the Seewald's fundie leanings, I think JB can care less these days. He's worshiping the almighty dollar these days instead of Gothard.

While not a big fan of Gil and Kelly, they are of the same cloth as the Duggars, believing the same, toxic beliefs, I can at least give them credit for learning from Zach's courtship disaster and being flexible. They at least do know that they can't keep their kids under their roof forever, unlike some fundie families (Hi Steve!) and that leaving the nest is a normal progression in life.

Re: JB, yep in spite of living the fundie lifestyle and spewing all kinds of so-called "Christian" talk, the fact that he put his family on a reality show, going on for some years now, shows that money is his true god, not Gothard. Because Gothard really has set himself as a god within his flock, but it seems that even money can topple him in a follower's heart.

Wow, percentage wise, how many unmarried? 90-95%?????? I agree, this model doesn't work very well...

Although I agree that courtship isn't all it's cut out to be, I think that we can't really look at this list (and the families they come from) as a decent sample size of fundiedom. In my personal brushes with fundies, they seem to court and marry at higher rates than these high profile families. I think there might be something about being in the spotlight that makes them a little bit more conservative (leery) about marriage.

Also, when we look outside of TV/leaders of movements (and their offspring), we tend to see young, female, unmarried bloggers. I'd say that most married fundies don't have time to blog about gift horses or what we should wear or their recipes or "perfect" husbands. Sure, we get a few, but most married, fundamentalist women work pretty hard trying to be the ever-impossible Proverbs 31 woman. There are exceptions, even entire movements that are exceptions (ie, Mormon Mommy Bloggers), but most fundie moms ain't got time for this shit.

That said, I celebrate EVERY unmarried fundie! Stay single, ladies and gents.

Honestly, I think if some of the better-off, high profile fundies wanted to be married, they would be. It's much easier to remain at home and have a sideline like a monetized blog or a book deal with a built-in audience than to start out as a Quiverfull mother who has to raise enough children to moderate adulthood so she can pass off responsibility like the eldest Duggar girls.

Heaven knows there aren't very many SOTDRT graduate Patriarchs in Training who could keep them in situations they've come to be accustomed to.

I don't know why the poor ones don't court more, though. Lack of exposure?

I said as much in the AS Botkin thread. And I mean it.

How old is Breezy (Berkshire?) and her sister? She has the makings of an actual career, though the fundies would never admit it.

Honestly, I think if some of the better-off, high profile fundies wanted to be married, they would be. It's much easier to remain at home and have a sideline like a monetized blog or a book deal with a built-in audience than to start out as a Quiverfull mother who has to raise enough children to moderate adulthood so she can pass off responsibility like the eldest Duggar girls.

Heaven knows there aren't very many SOTDRT graduate Patriarchs in Training who could keep them in situations they've come to be accustomed to.

I don't know why the poor ones don't court more, though. Lack of exposure?

I said as much in the AS Botkin thread. And I mean it.

This. Kelly Bradrick is Exhibit A. VF Princess who has faded into obscurity tied down with several small children and Sippy Cup. I don't blame a lot of unmarked women the SAHD alternative looks pretty good compared to their other option.

This. Kelly Bradrick is Exhibit A. VF Princess who has faded into obscurity tied down with several small children and Sippy Cup. I don't blame a lot of unmarked women the SAHD alternative looks pretty good compared to their other option.

The more I think about it, I think that the Botkinettes might honestly prefer their life worshipping Daddy, doing their webinars about beauty and what not, promoting their books as opposed to the only other alternative. I have said this multiple times on this forum but Kelly Bradrick's life post-marriage should be a cautionary tale to many fundie young women of how "happily ever after" in fundieland does not turn out that way.

Jasmine Baucham has a brother about her age, Trey, IIRC. I think that like Jasmine , he was born to Voddie and Mrs. Voddie and not an adopted child. Which doesn't matter except that he's an adult or nearly. Is Trey married?

Also , is Marscel Thomas an adult? I thought he and Micaiah were twins or only a year or so apart.

Are we counting individuals who might themselves be first-gen dominionists, whose parents aren't in the movement? There's a Niednagel fan girl who I think might fit the bill and is single.

Lest we become complacent, remember that the Serven-Loomis wedding congregation was filled with pregnant moms and young children. Just because the bloggers aren't reproducing doesn't mean the followers aren't.

Our resident fundie Country Boy is a single adult, but I don't know his exact age or name.

I believe the Brookshire sister are 25 and older....They are very talented. It's too bad they are atuck at home in rural Indiana.

Shouldn't Rebecca Eleventy and her sister Hannah be included on the list? IIRC I think they're both of marriageable age.

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived