IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies

teachergirl

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Kira said:

Kimberly Fambrough married Ben Allison yesterday. I found the IG #bkallison2016. Most of the photos are private

Who are they?

15 hours ago, JMO said:

Who are they?

Kimberly was a 30 something SAHD. Kimberly's sister Jean Marie, also an older SAHD , had a blog: sweetlifeunderthesaviour.blogspot.com. 

I don' know much about Ben Allison. He was mentioned in this thread:  

ETA: Jean Marie's blog is gone? 

On 4/19/2016 at 7:53 AM, ophelia said:

I asked myself the exact same thing. We could use some drama.

Now it is 7 weeks passed and no update on the Neely-Staddon courtship. My spidey sense is picking up the whimpering of lost heart pieces.

On 4/25/2016 at 1:32 PM, Kira said:

ETA: Jean Marie's blog is gone? 

No, the URL contains the American spelling of "savior." Blog is still up and active.

Her blog is full of beautiful pictures and a LOT of stories about her crying her eyes out. Sometimes it is really sad and depressing to read it and at other times I just want to yell at her and tell her to get out of her parents house, stop sitting on her ass and do something with her life. She isn't a totally uneducated, extremely sheltered SAHD like the Maxwell or Duggar daughters. But then again I didn't grow up the way she did and shouldn't judge her decisions.

She must be heartbroken that her sister left. It seems that most of her close friends are married and have families of her own now and she is still single.

On 4/25/2016 at 3:55 PM, HereticHick said:

Now it is 7 weeks passed and no update on the Neely-Staddon courtship. My spidey sense is picking up the whimpering of lost heart pieces.

IIRC, it was a Neely-Staddon engagement that was announced. Those families don't post that regularly. That and the fact that fundie conference season is kicking into high gear leads me to believe that there's no drama lurking there. Just too much going on (plus planning a wedding that will likely take place this summer).

4 minutes ago, maple802 said:

IIRC, it was a Neely-Staddon engagement that was announced. Those families don't post that regularly. That and the fact that fundie conference season is kicking into high gear leads me to believe that there's no drama lurking there. Just too much going on (plus planning a wedding that will likely take place this summer).

I think what is going on is that multiple Staddons are either having to move to Big Sandy, or will soon be unemployed. The Texas local paper post about the Gothard consolidation at Big Sandy said that all the jobs would be moved by Jine.

Elisha Wahlquist is getting married to Travis Ehlinger this weekend.

This will be the 3rd Wahlquist/Ehlinger match.

21 hours ago, ophelia said:

Her blog is full of beautiful pictures and a LOT of stories about her crying her eyes out. Sometimes it is really sad and depressing to read it and at other times I just want to yell at her and tell her to get out of her parents house, stop sitting on her ass and do something with her life. She isn't a totally uneducated, extremely sheltered SAHD like the Maxwell or Duggar daughters. But then again I didn't grow up the way she did and shouldn't judge her decisions.

She must be heartbroken that her sister left. It seems that most of her close friends are married and have families of her own now and she is still single.

Jean Marie has the emotional highs and lows of a teenager, times 100. One day she is overcome with joy at getting together with friends; the next, she goes into a deep grief spiral because someone she vaguely knows has died. She has attended an astounding number of funerals in the time I've been reading her blog. I'm not even snarking; I find her constant grieving sad and disturbing. I don't know whether she has an emotional disorder or just needs a bigger, broader life.

8 hours ago, uber frau said:

Elisha Wahlquist is getting married to Travis Ehlinger this weekend.

This will be the 3rd Wahlquist/Ehlinger match.

Who are they? I thought the Smith-Morton families were the only ones with so much intermarrying (is this even a word??)

1 hour ago, darkplumaged said:

Jean Marie has the emotional highs and lows of a teenager, times 100. One day she is overcome with joy at getting together with friends; the next, she goes into a deep grief spiral because someone she vaguely knows has died. She has attended an astounding number of funerals in the time I've been reading her blog. I'm not even snarking; I find her constant grieving sad and disturbing. I don't know whether she has an emotional disorder or just needs a bigger, broader life.

Exactly. There were times when I was really worried and thinking she might be dealing with depression. But at other times I had a feeling that she was never allowed to really mature and grow up and that that is the reason she still suffers from the emotional rollercoaster a lot of teenagers do. I think it will be interesting if and how things change once she gets married and has a family of her own.

I stumbled across the Wahlquist blogs a few weeks ago via the Girotti's blog. She was a speaker at the SAHD conference last month and her family seem tight w the Hales(One of their sons is courting Deborah Smith of 11 (Boring)Smiths fame.)  Erich Erlinger married Elisha's sister Elizabeth(she's ready to produce their 3rd), Nathaniel Walquist married Katelyn Ehlinger(she's just19 &due to produce kid#2 in July-13 months after their first).

Elisha is the eldest Wahlquist girl, she runs the family 'newsy' blog and was a fairly prolific contributor to the family's 'preachy' blog back in the day. She's also published a few stories. Her writing is better than Sarah Maxwell's,but her thinking is just as stymied.

Forgot to add the blogs.  The up to date one is Valkommen Estate, the other is 'Untainted by the World'. The preachy one hasn't been updated for a long while but it's a goldmine of snark.

1 hour ago, uber frau said:

I stumbled across the Wahlquist blogs a few weeks ago via the Girotti's blog. She was a speaker at the SAHD conference last month and her family seem tight w the Hales(One of their sons is courting Deborah Smith of 11 (Boring)Smiths fame.)  Erich Erlinger married Elisha's sister Elizabeth(she's ready to produce their 3rd), Nathaniel Walquist married Katelyn Ehlinger(she's just19 &due to produce kid#2 in July-13 months after their first).

Elisha is the eldest Wahlquist girl, she runs the family 'newsy' blog and was a fairly prolific contributor to the family's 'preachy' blog back in the day. She's also published a few stories. Her writing is better than Sarah Maxwell's,but her thinking is just as stymied.

Forgot to add the blogs.  The up to date one is Valkommen Estate, the other is 'Untainted by the World'. The preachy one hasn't been updated for a long while but it's a goldmine of snark.

Thank you. Methinks we need a thread about these people. That's too much intermarrying to NOT be a goldmine of snark.

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

@uber frauThank you! And another rabbithole to fall down.

Who's in charge of the rescue ferrets? You might need them.

Elisha is getting married to another Ehlinger this weekend as noted. Should be some ex BCA / VF folks there, too.

On 4/18/2016 at 9:08 AM, JMO said:

This thread has been quiet too long.  Spring is upon us!  We need some fundie courtships/engagements and weddings!

Seriously, I want a fundie mixer.  Kool aid, cookies, name tags and awkward getting to know you games.  The dads would be there to shepherd there sheltered daughters around.  JB would be in his element!

Oh, gosh, you're describing our former church. Except instead of mixer games, there were English country dances.

well, Vaughn Olhman who is a complete nut among all nuts is offering a fundie wedding/meeting/ weekend workshop in November...very pricy though, around 1500 for families to attend.  He is the one who thinks even courtship is too "liberal" and believes in the betothal model where they are pledged to be married almost immediately. His FB has a link from Let Them Marry which is his "book". Interesting to see how many people attend although at those prices, your typical QF probably can't afford it.

1 hour ago, Kitcae said:

Some official wedding photos from the Elisha Walhquist & Travis Ehlinger wedding on Sat. 

http://shilohphotography.com/2016/05/02/travis-elisha-%E2%99%A1-wedding/

Do the Ehlingers/Walhquists have a thread?

The comments and the photographer's replies are like a script for a fundie meet up. Only missing out 'fellowship' or it would be bingo!

2 hours ago, Kitcae said:

Some official wedding photos from the Elisha Walhquist & Travis Ehlinger wedding on Sat. 

http://shilohphotography.com/2016/05/02/travis-elisha-%E2%99%A1-wedding/

Do the Ehlingers/Walhquists have a thread?

Now that's an example of a wedding dress that did not need to be altered in some odd way to be considered modest.  And it's nice how the bridesmaids aren't all matchy-matchy but are in the same color family.  Not bad!

Tori Bates is courting a guy named Bobby Smith per one of the Bates threads.

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived