I recognized his story and he has a series of youtubes where he goes back to Colorado City. His house is abandoned, his mom was missing (glad he knows where she is now) and his dad was doing everything he could to "repent."

He says he is hoping to write a book. It sounds like he suffers from PTSD. I am going to go look at his video's on youtube. Thanks!

The account name is Smitholm, but unless things have recently changed, the account has been deleted.

I've seen a number of Carlos's videos over the years, and most had to do with showing the outside world how the FLDS streets/houses looked (the houses would remain unfinished for tax purposes). He was always good about answering questions, even answered a few of mine. In one comment about the arrest of Warren Jeffs, Carlos said it was best to "let it die in prison" rather than make a martyr of Jeffs by giving him the death penalty.

Some videos were about him interviewing his father - in one interview Carlos had with his father, he actually got him to betray Jeffs. He told Carlos to support Uncle Willie instead, then later in the video, Carlos revealed that he was secretly filming his father. I don't know what personal fallout occurred from that video, only that the Smitholm account disappeared shortly thereafter. I am wondering if Carlos's father was excommunicated because of what their conversation.

I also heard he attempted suicide, and that Carlos's mother and sister had been reassigned and he couldn't find them. I'm trying to think what documentary I saw him in not too long ago, can't for the life of me remember.

It's terrible that he has suffered so much because of Warren Jeffs. I hope he is doing better now.

Warren Jeffs is a WAY bigger Tool the Doug the Tool, because Doug isn't a kid diddler. Doug Phillips is still a tool.

Carlos has started a Kickstarter page. He hopes to write a book about his life in the FLDS. The book will be titled "Family of Enemies."

He posted a short video explaining the concept of his book. You can donate and view the video here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/177 ... of-enemies

I really hope this works out for him.

ETA: The book is almost complete. He writes, "My story is complicated and in-depth. And the book is nearly complete. I expect the revised version to be close to 500 pages. "

Maybe he could get in contact with Brent Jeffs or Elissa Wall? I'm sure any number of FLDS escapees who have written books about their struggles could put Carlos in touch with a publisher.

Archived