IGNORED

20/20 Discovers the Manosphere and MRAs

GolightlyGrrl

Driversuz started posting pretentious one liners like: "there has never been a time in history when women had no rights."

Driversuz had her own blog where she wrote a hilarious letter to her future daughter in law, accusing her of being a feminist harpy-whore. She also has a very strange, almost incestuous way of talking about her tall, blond, former military he-man son.

OMFG WTH with those comments? They make my head explode! :angry-steamingears:

I'm almost certain I will regret asking this, but I'm feeling brave today.

This is a comment from that article:

typhonblue DukeLax

• 12 hours ago

"Some of the most powerful writers on AVFM are actually women."

Yep. Diana Davidson. Della Burton. Susan McCarley. Dr. T. Karen Straughan.

I have an article up there right now. "My name is Alison and I'm a survivor of rape hysteria."

What exactly is "rape hysteria?" I've never heard that term before.

I'm almost certain I will regret asking this, but I'm feeling brave today.

This is a comment from that article:

What exactly is "rape hysteria?" I've never heard that term before.

From what I can tell, it is a term they use on MRA sites for our so-called current cultural 'obsession' with rape, and everyone making rape and sexual assault into a much bigger deal than it actually is. This causes women to believe they have been raped when actually haven't, when they just 'regretted drunk sex', and it causes men to be demonised. If 'Alison' is writing that she is a survivor of rape hysteria, she probably means that she used to believe the 'hype' about rape, that it happens frequently, and that it caused her to distrust men, etc. and now she is 'cured' of it.

Of course the thing that makes me distrust men (insofar as I do so) is not 'rape hysteria' but the fact that these sites exist.

One of the misogynists 20/20 will interview tonight is Paul Elam from "A Voice for Men."

Manboobz bravely showcases some of Mr. Elam's more charming comments.

http://manboobz.com/2013/10/18/paul-ela ... own-words/

Judgy Bitch thinks this piece is going to be a trainwreck.

judgybitch.com/2013/10/17/well-the-2020-piece-on-the-manosphere-is-obviously-gonna-be-a-trainwreck/

Got to love how she denigrates the qualifications of two young women involved with the piece.

I haven't really read too much of the MRA stuff that has been posted here at FJ. I did read the article and the majority of the comments posted on it. That is 60 minutes of my life I will never get back. The mental gymnastics some of those people do must be exhausting. The thing that kept running through my head when I would read the comments was a line from a Chris Rock stand up show "I told you that bitch crazy." (thank you Breaking Bad for making bitch apply to either sex)

JudgyBitch really had to dig deep on that post. Most of her criticisms weren't even real. It's funny that she spent so long discussing the journalists, who have way more impressive credentials than her own. (And, I'm not really sure why you need credentials to point out that something is fucked up. )

Then,JudgyBitch's upset because she has gotten hate mail. While I agree that people need to not react with aggression like : " I hope you get raped you dumb bitch" it's amusing that poor wittle JB was upset because a lot of posters called her ...a bitch. Seriously JB? You take pride in being a bitch, that's even the name of your blog!!? WTF?

The "manosphere" only points out men's rights issues in order to demonize women. When was the last time there was an article written about men's domestic violence that didn't end with: "All women are violent bitches who also abuse children too!" or an article about divorce court that didn't mention that "marriage is a bad deal for men because women should be barefoot in the kitchen and put up with infidelity." (Looking at you Sunshine Mary) No matter how valid their initial point is, MRAs always circle back to how all women everywhere are the problem and they need to be put in their place.

Or, MRAs come out and just say women are inferior (SSM and JB). Just because the message is coming from women doesn't make it less hateful.

This dude belongs in a mental facility. I'm very serious here. This man not only comes across as dangerous to women....he's dangerous by winning over men with his disgusting male domination, misogynistic rhetoric. Also it wouldn't surprise me if either: 1) Ain't getting any or 2) is a rapist. If the latter, he belongs in prison not a mental facility.

My SO read what Elam had to say. He said that one day this dude is going to do something to somebody's wife/mother/sister/girlfriend and just might become a victim of vigilante justice. Just to be clear, my SO and I don't believe in vigilante justice. My SO meant there are people out there who don't have a problem with it.

Archived