IGNORED

Little People, Big World

homeschoolmomma1

Domestic cats killing native wildlife is a huge problem here and it drives me mad to see cats just roaming around the neighbourhood. What about all the native species they're catching and killing? When I hear of people living in less urban areas letting their cats roam I just want to slap them. If your cat has access to the bush it's going to do some real damage, so bloody well keep it inside.

Cat owners who let their pets roam are irresponsible. It's not just the native wildlife that suffers but also the cats when they end up in the yard of a dog that attacks them. The dog is only doing what comes naturally (defending its territory), and the cat is either horribly injured or killed. After that the dog becomes a killer in the eyes of its owners and they either rehome the poor animal or put it down. All because a cat owner behaved poorly.

I saw a news show about cats and the destruction of birds. Cats are responsible for the death of billions of birds, and have directly led to the extinction of some birds. Outside cats were fitted with cameras and it was found that outside cats kill about 2 animals per week. One woman, a bird lover, was so appalled she fit her cat with a loud bell.

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/news/do ... ra.html#cr

My cats are strictly inside. The only time I would considered having an outside cat was if I had a farm. You need cats to keep the rat population down.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have an issue with people having farm cats but I don't see the reason for a cat to be an outside in a residential area. There are so many dangers for the cat as well as the other wildlife/pets around.

But for the love of all that is good if you're cat is going to be outside please please please spay and neuter it. There are enough feral cats, enough cats mass reproducing and we don't need anymore! Cats are getting put down every single day because their owners arent' spaying/neutering them thend umping the offspring up on shelters.

There was a person seriously injured in Ann Arbor, MI when she walked through a field and was attacked by a pack a feral cats. She was hospitalized and required several surgeries. Cat claws are deadly. I've had a couple very deep scratch wounds just from my own cats, and they only have rear claws. My pulmonologist thought I should bathe them weekly. I tried a few times but I was getting anemic. :lol:

I'm aware that cat claws and bites are serious business. I spent a week in the hospital with a severely infected hand earlier this year when I tried to break up a cat fight.

However, if you compare the stats for number of people attacked/killed by dogs each year vs. cats, the point still stands.

I don't have an issue with people having farm cats but I don't see the reason for a cat to be an outside in a residential area. There are so many dangers for the cat as well as the other wildlife/pets around.

But for the love of all that is good if you're cat is going to be outside please please please spay and neuter it. There are enough feral cats, enough cats mass reproducing and we don't need anymore! Cats are getting put down every single day because their owners arent' spaying/neutering them thend umping the offspring up on shelters.

No rats in residental areas? Anyplace where people have been living for a long time, there are rats. When I lived in Sacramento it was common to see them walking on the electrical wires at night, and on the fences. Many times I came eye to eye with them in bushes or small trees.

No rats in residental areas? Anyplace where people have been living for a long time, there are rats. When I lived in Sacramento it was common to see them walking on the electrical wires at night, and on the fences. Many times I came eye to eye with them in bushes or small trees.

I don't see me saying that there aren't rats/mice in residential areas. I'm just saying I don't see the reason for a cat be outside in a residential area because there are far more dangers than in the middle of the country on a farm. A cat could get hit by a car in a residential area. Get into a little fight with another cat easier. Have a dog attack it easier. etc... Not to mention there are outdoor cats like to rub up on people in their own yards(has happened to me) and what if that person is allergic to cats? And cats also like to crap in other peoples yards to, why should the non owner have to worry about picking it up? (also has happened tome in the neighborhood we used to live in, as well is with other people I know).

I don't see me saying that there aren't rats/mice in residential areas. I'm just saying I don't see the reason for a cat be outside in a residential area because there are far more dangers than in the middle of the country on a farm. A cat could get hit by a car in a residential area. Get into a little fight with another cat easier. Have a dog attack it easier. etc... Not to mention there are outdoor cats like to rub up on people in their own yards(has happened to me) and what if that person is allergic to cats? And cats also like to crap in other peoples yards to, why should the non owner have to worry about picking it up? (also has happened tome in the neighborhood we used to live in, as well is with other people I know).

There's also the risk of a cat eating a rat or mouse that had been poisoned, as I had a cat when I was growing up who died that way.

Wait, when have the Roloffs said racist or homophobic things?

I've watched the show & don't recall any behavior like that. But please, clue me in!I didn't look at the cat/bird photos... too disturbing for my taste.

And eh, not sure I agree with comments that Matt is lazy. They have a bunch of businesses going, do speaking engagements and managed to get their own tv show. Plus Amy used to teach & now does speaking engagements. Seems like they're working to me.

The older kids, hard to tell. Jeremy is in school but I'm not really sure what Zack is doing besides living at home. I guess we'll see on the new show?

Wait, when have the Roloffs said racist or homophobic things?

I've watched the show & don't recall any behavior like that. But please, clue me in!I didn't look at the cat/bird photos... too disturbing for my taste.

And eh, not sure I agree with comments that Matt is lazy. They have a bunch of businesses going, do speaking engagements and managed to get their own tv show. Plus Amy used to teach & now does speaking engagements. Seems like they're working to me.

The older kids, hard to tell. Jeremy is in school but I'm not really sure what Zack is doing besides living at home. I guess we'll see on the new show?

Jeremy made several racist and homophobic on MySpace in 2007 or 2008. There was a rumor about Matt's dad Ron being racist. I think when it comes to house cleaning they are lazy. But when it comes to business and making a living they aren't lazy. Amy wasn't completely happy when she had to teach pre-school, but she said "you gotta do what you gotta do." Matt has sales jobs over the years and I do give him a lot of credit for trying to sell those little people stool kits to hotels and doing some of the other business ventures. Matt probably does more work than Josh Duggar does.

My cat, Bob is an avid hunter, though we live in the country. He helps my boyfriends grandfather squirrel hunt, the game from which is always used for food of course. He trees them for Pop and is never scared of guns. I rescued Bob from the parking lot of my college dorm and brought him home with the hopes of keeping him inside but my allergies wouldn't allow it. The family wasn't happy with it at first, but he's become a fast favorite among us all. He's the prettiest grey and white fluff of a thing. This is pic of a not very happy Bob when he had to spend a day in a friends bathroom before being transferred home.

bob.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched the first episode. There were conflicts between Matt and Amy. Amy was fed up with Matt trying to control everything. They knew of the bride and her family. The bride's sister died a few years back in an accident which the Roloffs heard about. The first couple didn't have an extremely fancy wedding but it turned out nice. Molly wasn't shown in this episode and it was mentioned that she was in Canada. Jeremy was the videographer.

I'm sorry, I'm not having a wedding at a venue with PORTAPOTTIES! :snooty: They also need to have backup plans for rain.

I so did not believe the grass thing last week. Two days before the wedding, the grass was sparse and had lots of bare spots. The day of the wedding, the grass was a lush field. Either TLC filmed in 2 different locations, or they had sod layed down. :roll:

• 10 months later...

I thought their show was over... now it is back Oct 29th. Seems there is a fire on the farm and Matt and Amy ARE STILL FIGHTING! I wish Table for 12 would come back... now that was a great show

http://spiritswander.blogspot.com/

There are many nasty incidents documented on the blog including homophobia involving the roloff boys. The boy's friend Mueller is known to be a holy terror and there was an incident on instagram for the world to see one girl posted a photo that she was a fan of the show and Mueller went off on her saying she was ugly,etc. All of these tv families are just as bad as the next behind the scenes

In the aftermath of those stories, friends have been asked about Mueller with fans and friends have been quite blunt stating that Mueller always hated the fans and that kind of thing was typical of what Mueller thinks of LPBW/Roloff fans. Even to this day, friends are still admitting that Mueller ridicules and mocks fans with the Roloff kids and their other friends. The most recent story was involving a 13 or 14 year old girl, an excited LPBW fan that saw Zach with Mueller when they were on an outing in Portland. The excited fan girl -- God forbid... apparently said she was a fan of the show, loved the Roloffs and asked Zach for a picture. He obliged. Mueller snapped his own photo of the moment. Mueller then reportedly posted the picture and labelled the excited young girl as the "creeper". So that's Mueller's reputation with the fans. It is true that other friends admit that does sum up Mueller's attitude towards fans and how Mueller, Jeremy, etc. talk about the fans. The one caveat said about Mueller regarding fans depends on how pretty the girl is -- a "hot babe" -- Mueller might turn on the charm.

Not really familiar with the show, since I only remember seeing a couple of episodes. But from the link I see one member if the family now has a wedding videography business.

Shall we put him in contact with a certain Wedding Photographer we all know?

http://spiritswander.blogspot.com/

There are many nasty incidents documented on the blog including homophobia involving the roloff boys. The boy's friend Mueller is known to be a holy terror and there was an incident on instagram for the world to see one girl posted a photo that she was a fan of the show and Mueller went off on her saying she was ugly,etc. All of these tv families are just as bad as the next behind the scenes

In the aftermath of those stories, friends have been asked about Mueller with fans and friends have been quite blunt stating that Mueller always hated the fans and that kind of thing was typical of what Mueller thinks of LPBW/Roloff fans. Even to this day, friends are still admitting that Mueller ridicules and mocks fans with the Roloff kids and their other friends. The most recent story was involving a 13 or 14 year old girl, an excited LPBW fan that saw Zach with Mueller when they were on an outing in Portland. The excited fan girl -- God forbid... apparently said she was a fan of the show, loved the Roloffs and asked Zach for a picture. He obliged. Mueller snapped his own photo of the moment. Mueller then reportedly posted the picture and labelled the excited young girl as the "creeper". So that's Mueller's reputation with the fans. It is true that other friends admit that does sum up Mueller's attitude towards fans and how Mueller, Jeremy, etc. talk about the fans. The one caveat said about Mueller regarding fans depends on how pretty the girl is -- a "hot babe" -- Mueller might turn on the charm.

Who's Mueller?

Mueller is the friend of the twins from school that was always at the farm and on trips with them. I believe he also got held back and didn't graduate with them because his grades were too bad, IIRC.

I knew about the Roloff boys' online homophobic and racist comments from years ago on myspace. But I didn't know about the crap with Mueller.

The way Matt spends money, I'm not surprised. The house that burned looked like the one they used for the bridal rooms on the new farm they bought. It wasn't their family home.

Here is where I admit that I only watch their show because I love their land and house and like seeing what they've done with it. They're normal, dysfunctional jerks like everybody else, but man, DH and I would kill to find a job there so we could own that kind of land and just prance around all day doing projects and stuff, lol.

Here is where I admit that I only watch their show because I love their land and house and like seeing what they've done with it. They're normal, dysfunctional jerks like everybody else, but man, DH and I would kill to find a job there so we could own that kind of land and just prance around all day doing projects and stuff, lol.

That would be nice :)

This falls under the heading of "Food me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

I admit to watching the show before I was fully educated into the tricky ways of "reality" tv. But even before I started hearing stories on line, I was losing enthusiasm and respect for both Amy and Matt. The house was a pigsty. Matt was a pig. Amy was a doormat and treated her youngest son like an unwanted puppy. The only apparently somewhat together person was the daughter. Didn't hate Zach but felt his parents ill-prepared him for the real world. By the end, could not stand Jeremy.

Sorry to hear they are back on TLC. I hope the ratings suck.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the show when it was new and the fame whore syndrome hadn't hit them yet. I became more and more disgusted by their attitudes and their pigsty of a house that I'd give my right arm for. Then I started reading Spiritswonder and was just embarrassed for them and at the same time I wanted to take Matt's little crutches and beat them all soundly about the head for their bigoted views, cruelty to their fans that made them all that $$$, and for tossing the family cat for fun and forgetting about Rocky for days & letting him go hungry and thirsty, and Matt's smarmy attitude. I really believe they live and breathe for that stupid show. I put them in the same category as Kate G.: people that just need to go away.

I'll be curious to see how it does in the ratings. Plenty of people got tired of them a long time ago and I recall the wedding farm show didn't do well in ratings.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived