IGNORED

Little People, Big World

homeschoolmomma1

30 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I haven't! Did he really imply that the baby would be a dwarf? Not that there is anything wrong with being a dwarf but why would he imply that? 

Ugh Matt. That's just weird! 

Is there a preview for annoying Audrey crowing about  announcing her godly pregnancy? 

yes to all 

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Carm_88 Zach mentioned to his mom in the preview that all the baby's limbs were measuring small, hinting at a dwarf baby, but added they "aren't totally sure yet." Im sure they are worried about all the (well-known to them) health issues that can come with having a form of dwarfism. Didn't Zach go through several surgeries for stints in his head/neck? 

And Audrey can go fuck a tree for all I care and read her fucking vows during that. She drives me nutty with all the "red headed curly haired babeeeezzzzzz!!!!!!!!11!!!11!!!1!" For fucks sake, I hope that child has the straightest, blackest hair ever. If her attitude about all that doesn't indicate just how self-centered and superficial she is, I don't know what to say. Bah.

3 minutes ago, FlamingFundie said:

@Carm_88 Zach mentioned to his mom in the preview that all the baby's limbs were measuring small, hinting at a dwarf baby, but added they "aren't totally sure yet." Im sure they are worried about all the (well-known to them) health issues that can come with having a form of dwarfism. Didn't Zach go through several surgeries for stints in his head/neck? 

He did, yes and I saw that when I read the article. My thing is that there are other reasons that the baby could be measuring small. It could be just a drama factor. I'm sure it is a worry for him and I'm not saying his fears are not valid. Just that it seems like Jessa's "It could be twins!" 

Tori seems huge and Audrey looks annoying. She will never not be annoying to me now. 

My apologies, @Carm_88 I didn't realize you were well-versed. My morning coffee hasn't yet kicked in, lol. Sorry about that! :doh:

Also, Im still waiting for Audrey's line of IG posts about pregnancy barre exercises. Since she's a expert teacher now and all. 

Have any of you read Jeremy's most recent blog post? He's defending boundaries in marriage - specifically, Mike Pence's boundary that he won't eat alone with a woman who isn't his wife. A choice quote:

What shocked me most about this outrage was that it was not just targeting their specific boundary regarding one-on-one time with the opposite sex… Oh no, the backlash via twitter responses and articles across the web extended to boundaries in general as being oppressive and disrespectful to women. How ridiculous! This boundary might be the epitome of respect itself!

http://beating50percent.com/healthy-marriages-common-boundaries/

I don't even know where to start. How about the fact that people do not think boundaries in general are oppressive and disrespectful to women? Of COURSE boundaries are important in any relationship. But if your boundary is that you can't ever be alone with another woman maybe you need to take a hard, long look at yourself and your marriage? (Unsurprising, since they already think married men and women can't be close friends of the opposite gender: http://beating50percent.com/opposite-sex-friendships-will-ruin-marriage/)

How about this kind of boundary is what perpetuates the old boys club model of women being excluded while their male colleagues make decisions over social events? How about you find a boundary that respects your wife AND the women you work with? How about if two people need to hash out a business decision you don't have to invite a chaperone?

I hate that they package up these garbage, oppressive, patriarchal views in such a picture perfect pinterest/tumblr package and make their lifestyle seem like something to aspire to. They're just as bad as people like the Duggars and Bates, but I bet normal people who watch LPBW have no idea how religious they are. Like how the show makes it seem like Jeremy is just sad about his parents' divorce, not that he doesn't believe in divorce and that he probably thinks his parents are committing adultery by moving on. At least they're revealing more about themselves (and their politics) on their blog. I used to think it was nice that they cared so much about building a strong foundation for their marriage, and then I read more...

I'm annoyed enough I almost want to comment on the blog post, but they're so entrenched it's not like it would do anything other than get me into an argument.

@zygote373 No sensible woman would want to eat alone with Jeremy anyway. He's just compensating for the fact that no one wants to spend time with him. What a dick. 

Men and women can be just friends and they can eat together without it being sexual in any way. Jeremy is just a massive douchcanoe. 

Jeremy and Pence can dine together and then fuck themselves when they're done.  

Mr. CL occasionally goes to the neighborhood bar with female friends/coworkers.  i don't go because i don't particularly like sitting around in bars (never did).  Mr. CL is not participating in any defrauding on these outings; mostly, the women in his company see him as safe--he's not flirting with them, he's not trying to sleep with them, and they know it.  they can instead focus on the conversations and know that they see each other has people and not a piece of flesh to be conquered.  some may see him as a brother/father figure. and since Mr. CL doesn't have more than one drink at a time in public, they can get a little buzzed and know they'll have a safe ride home.  the God that Mr. CL might believe in (he identifies as agnostic) isn't telling him to be a decent person; he's doing it of his own free will.

My husband has lunch with female employees all the time. It doesn't bother me at all.

Have any of you read Jeremy's most recent blog post? He's defending boundaries in marriage - specifically, Mike Pence's boundary that he won't eat alone with a woman who isn't his wife.

So, I guess that includes his mother and sister...LOL!

Arrgghh!! If you're attempting to write a professional blog, for the love of all that is holy, proofread your posts before you hit 'submit'!! All the mistakes in that sex/vow post made me twitchy.

Sorry. I was just buzzing through threads I've never read before and had to check out the marriage "advice" blog.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, Jeremy and his wife annoy me. No one ever needed the advice of two young hipster rejects about marriage. Focus on yourself and your own relationship. 

I already want to claw my eyes out just seeing Jeremy talking on the commercials. Ugh! :( What an obnoxious, self absorbed, couple. Bless that child. 

That episode...Tori and Zack are cute. Mollie appeared and is engaged! Jeremy and Audrey need to move but WHERE? Matt is dating his assistant and yeah, still pretty egotistical to be honest. Did Amy really say to Tori "Now you have to try for a girl?" Let her get the first one out. What in the sweet hell? 

My DVR is garbage and cut off the end, but I saw most of the episode.

I hate how many times they all said they wanted the first grandchild to be a boy. Patriarchy alive and well. I'm annoyed they got what they wanted.

Really not liking Matt with the assistant, I feel bad for Amy, although glad she is getting out and having fun.   When Jeremey asked her if she was dating or "courting".....UGH, I can't stand to look at his smug face and man-bun. 

15 hours ago, zygote373 said:

I hate how many times they all said they wanted the first grandchild to be a boy. Patriarchy alive and well. 

i'm with you.  i also hate when people refer to "so-and-so's only son" when there are girls in the same family.  some of my in-laws do that, and it drives me batty; they never say "only daughter," so the only-son nonsense demeans the value of the girls.

15 hours ago, zygote373 said:

My DVR is garbage and cut off the end, but I saw most of the episode.

I hate how many times they all said they wanted the first grandchild to be a boy. Patriarchy alive and well. I'm annoyed they got what they wanted.

Yeah, I'm not sure that Zach or Tori really cared. I think it was more Matt and possibly Jeremy. Wonder how he's feeling now that his first child is a girl. 

What shocked me most about this outrage was that it was not just targeting their specific boundary regarding one-on-one time with the opposite sex… Oh no, the backlash via twitter responses and articles across the web extended to boundaries in general as being oppressive and disrespectful to women. How ridiculous! This boundary might be the epitome of respect itself!

So... it's the epitome of respect to basically say that women who meet one on one with men, even in careers and government, are just a whorish threat to a man's virtue?

It's the epitome of respect for Mike Pence and his wife to basically say she comes along to all these things to make sure he keeps his pants on?

Zach and Tori are pretty cute. Audrey and Jeremy couldn't irk me more if they made it an 11th commandment. 

I felt like Tori was being very honest about her pregnancy and how she was kind of miserable. I like to hear that she's going to have an epidural. Audrey is of course going all natural because perfect. Ugh, I don't think you'd hear her say she was miserable. Her and Jeremy pretending that it was just that the two years they set aside were up. No! Bullshit! Tori was pregnant, that's why. 

Is Tori the only one of the four of them (Zach, Jeremy, Aud) who has an actual job? I never really followed LPBW. 

10 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Is Tori the only one of the four of them (Zach, Jeremy, Aud) who has an actual job? I never really followed LPBW. 

I believe so, I'm not positive on that. I know for sure that Jeremy and Audrey are just doing their blog. I don't know what Zach does. 

I think Zach is a soccer coach. He's definitely said that on the show before, and he's listed as an assistant coach at a soccer club if you google Zach Roloff soccer. If he's given up having a real job, it was recent.

It was so sad to watch them talk about taking Sully on walks with the baby. :(

Love his name. And I love that Tori seems so comfortable post birth - no worries about hair/makeup/earrings like some fundie-ish woman...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived