IGNORED

The Courtship of Jessa Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

Probably not what you are thinking... they were constantly holding hands and rubbing hands. Watch about one minute of this episode

(also geez, I forgot how much smaller Josh used to be).

Whew, that is so much better than I imagined. Thanks!

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't Jessa the one who said aboutthe guys who emailed JB "most of them are weirdos"? Find it funny now that she's courting thanks to the show!

Not to forget..to those of us who dated or as we say here winched yer chap. That meeting, that getting to know each other, those feelings of OH yup..something is tingling right with the guy, holding hands and getting closer, anticipating the first kiss................................................................

Scratch that.

IN front of EVERYBODY you know IN CHURCH!!!!!

Not to forget..to those of us who dated or as we say here winched yer chap. That meeting, that getting to know each other, those feelings of OH yup..something is tingling right with the guy, holding hands and getting closer, anticipating the first kiss................................................................

Scratch that.

That always astonishes me, for a conservative culture they allow a lot of PDA

Scratch that.

When you put it like that, it's even more mortifying. Poor Jessa...

Falling in love should be based on the mutual decisions of the people involved. First date, first kiss, first time to make love, first time to laugh, cry and argue together...these are all decisions that should be made by Jessa and Ben, and not by their parents, the tenets of their religion, or any other outside influence.

Fundamentalist courtship is nothing more than the desire to make a spectacle of one's children in the interest of showcasing one's faith, all in a way that violates the sanctity of any real emotions shared between the couple.

And then there are the pictures of their faces right after their first kiss. A guy I know used that shot as his profile picture on facebook for a long time. It actually was a really funny picture, but I'm so glad that moment stayed private for me.

When you put it like that, it's even more mortifying. Poor Jessa...

Falling in love should be based on the mutual decisions of the people involved. First date, first kiss, first time to make love, first time to laugh, cry and argue together...these are all decisions that should be made by Jessa and Ben, and not by their parents, the tenets of their religion, or any other outside influence.

Fundamentalist courtship is nothing more than the desire to make a spectacle of one's children in the interest of showcasing one's faith, all in a way that violates the sanctity of any real emotions shared between the couple.

EXACTLY!

I remember thinking on the Chaderin thread. WHY is everybody oohing and ahhing over this proposal. Where is the intimacy and privacy that this moment should have for the two people this most involves. It is nowhere in fundie land. It is all about 'LOOK' this is how the Godly folks do it.

I am far from prudish and FUCKING (did ya see what I did there?) Fundie. I would rather eat my own fungal toe nails than share my first kiss, or discuss my urge to be pregnant and the buying of my pregnancy tests with strangers or discuss sex in such a weirdly perverted way. I find them icky in the extreme.

I would fully expect my daughter to report her father to social services if he forbid her to hug her boyfriend at 20. OH wait social services would not give a shit because she would be an adult. I rest my case.

And then there are the pictures of their faces right after their first kiss. A guy I know used that shot as his profile picture on facebook for a long time. It actually was a really funny picture, but I'm so glad that moment stayed private for me.

Me too Rachel. It was lovely and just mine and his. OH and everybody we were oblivious of outside that apartment building in Ibiza :lol:

Probably not what you are thinking... they were constantly holding hands and rubbing hands. Watch about one minute of this episode
(also geez, I forgot how much smaller Josh used to be).

Wow thanks for posting that. I rarely go back to watch old shows...hell, what am I saying? I rarely watch new shows :lol:

It's interesting to see that 4 years ago all the females were still wearing ankle length skirts. Now they all wear them just below (and in some cases) just above the knee. I wonder why the big change?

Also this clip should be a warning to anyone about to get married: Be wary, this is what can happen to your groom's physical appearance in just 4 short years.

It has to be really weird to go from almost no physical contact, to having sex on the wedding night. I can imagine being totally petrified and anxious in that situation. I hope these parents at least talk with their sons and daughters so they know what they can expect.

I've thought about this too. If you went from not touching to the wedding night all in one day :o :pink-shock: . These girls are in for a big shock. I'm hoping they have had a true talk about what is going to happen. I just can't imagine it.

I also agree with the poster that said they think they'll be another courtship announced soon. The can't be outdone by the Bates family and they are. As a side note, I sure wish they'd quit saying Bates when referring to the whole family. It's Bateses. Sorry, it just drives me nuts when they say it.

It took me around 5 years to go from kissing a boy to having sex. I can't imagine going from no touching to sex in one night. IMO it's good if it's a slow process over your teenage years.

I hope when Jessa gets married she lives close enough to see her family-her and Jinger are really going to miss eachother as they are best friends and its always been good that theyve had eachother.

I dont think her parents would allow her to be too far away though. Im surprised they let Josh move away.

It took me around 5 years to go from kissing a boy to having sex. I can't imagine going from no touching to sex in one night. IMO it's good if it's a slow process over your teenage years.

When my husband and I left the Catholic Church while we were dating, it still took us 5 years after that to have sex. I don't know how people go from zero to hundred in one night.

I really hope that Anna or Erin gives Jessa the sex talk rather than Michelle. Gosh that would just be a horrifying thing to learn from your mother on your wedding day. I feel like Anna or Erin would be more real with her. And infinitely less awkward.

It was awkward when Jim Bob presented Josh with books about sex or something like that and had the talk with him on his wedding day. If they film Michelle giving Jessa the talk, I will die for that poor girl myself. I don't understand why their fans think these people are so great and not see what kind of life they are giving their children. They are exploiting these kids for their show and their own personal gain.

[optimism]Maybe Jessa can move into a house that's not the TTH and get non-blocked internet and google some basic sex ed?[/optimism]

Anyway, if Boob is going to marry off his other kids... who would he marry off?

JD? I'd like to believe that he won't enter a relationship while the show is still on because he doesn't seem to like cameras...

Jana? Maybe, but her spirit is so broken that I can't see her entering a relationship...

Jill? On one hand, she seems the most into the Kool Aid. On the other hand, she likes her midwifing job and would have to give it up if she got married.

Jinger? She's the youngest (legal) J'slave... and could use being married off to escape to a city!

Joseph? I have no idea. Like all I know about him is that he turned 18 this year.

Is there a fundie guide to explaining sex to your kids?

Smugger and Anna listened to a CD by Ed Wheat in the car on their wedding day. I can't remember when in the day they listened to it, but I'm guessing it was after the ceremony, since listening to it before would have been naughty.

Is there a fundie guide to explaining sex to your kids?

For the boys, it has something to do with Legos.

For the girls, I don't know. It probably amounts to "close your eyes and think of Gothard."

I agree, in many ways I'm actually surprised he wasn't courting before Jessa.

JD has his business and hobbies, Jill and Jana have their midwife/doula stuff... makes sense that Jessa's courting because she's next in line and doesn't have obligations other than to be sister mom.

I stumbled upon this interesting blog post by a former fundie on what she would say to Jess on the occasion of her courtship:

defeatingthedragons.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/courting-a-stranger/

The courtship stories make sad. :cry:

I think just seeing the manly truncheon in it's alert state must send many a fundie maiden into a state of terror on her wedding night.

I suspect it'll be nice and dark, and it'll be 'Man on Top Get it Over With Quick'. Then they'll spend the rest of the night being embarrassed and wondering what just happened. But with such pressure, the manly truncheon might fail to stand up to the test, or might complete it's mission before it even gets there.

Think of the things they might not know. Do they both understand that both men and women have pubic hair? Does the girl know about ejaculation? Do they both realize that there might be some bleeding from the bride, and that the man should be gentle with her virginal vagina? Would someone tell the man about lube, and how much it could help when the bride might be too nervous to really get into the mood? Has anyone ever told them that heavy petting and waiting for both partners to be ready increases the pleasure? Will the man know about, or care about lasting long enough for the woman to reach orgasm? (Granted, that one's likely to take some time to figure out how to do, but it's worth it in the long run.) How are they ever going to learn how to tell each other what they like, and don't like? How much do the men know about menstruation? Not knowing anything about this stuff can really mess up their burgeoning sex life.

It's interesting to see that 4 years ago all the females were still wearing ankle length skirts. Now they all wear them just below (and in some cases) just above the knee. I wonder why the big change?

Whether they realize it or not, they've become more worldly. Oops.

I really hope that when the wedding comes, Jessa's first kiss is a slow, chaste, just pressing the lips together for a couple of seconds. They can work out the rest later when they're alone.

Smugger and Anna listened to a CD by Ed Wheat in the car on their wedding day. I can't remember when in the day they listened to it, but I'm guessing it was after the ceremony, since listening to it before would have been naughty.

I can't help but read this and think about that audio recording the FBI uncovered at the YFZ ranch of Warren Jeffs taping himself as he deflowers his 12 year old virgin bride and is coaching her on how to please him in his creepy as fuck monotonous tone. :ew:

I can't help but read this and think about that audio recording the FBI uncovered at the YFZ ranch of Warren Jeffs taping himself as he deflowers his 12 year old virgin bride and is coaching her on how to please him in his creepy as fuck monotonous tone.

I never heard about that. That is so sick. The man truly deserves to die in prison and go straight to the innermost ring of Hell.

I stumbled upon this interesting blog post by a former fundie on what she would say to Jess on the occasion of her courtship:

defeatingthedragons.wordpress.com/2013/09/19/courting-a-stranger/

The courtship stories make sad. :cry:

I haven't posted here in awhile and it seems like the edit button is gone, but after reading a lot of this blog, I wanted to warn people that if you've been a victim of domestic and/or sexual violence, you may not want to read this blog. It has a lot of triggers.

Archived