IGNORED

Someone with hair bigger than Erin Bates

divadivine

I want to know how much time the girl spends on her hair and how much product it takes to keep it like that day in and day out. I wonder if she only washes it once a week? It looks like a rats nest. But that is only my opinion.

P.S.- I was driving on the interstate yesterday and this car with vanity license plates goes past me. The plate said "Ms TTC" All I could think was Tater Tot Casserole. I thought it could be Anna Duggar or J'Chelle.... but I doubt they are hanging out in Indianapolis or that they would drive a sports car.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are also proud to be MRS and wouldn't be seen dead with MS. That's for us evil feminists.

I wonder if she only washes it once a week?

I only wash mine once a week, it is better for your hair. I know lots of people think that if you don't wash often enough your hair will get greasy and smelly but actually shampooing causes your hair to secrete more oil. If you are washing every day you are wasting time, shampoo, and damaging your hair but in order to transition to less frequent washing you will have to taper off: every two days, then every three days, etc. The only reason why I shampoo once a week rather than once a month is because I use a lot of hair care product.

I only wash mine once a week, it is better for your hair. I know lots of people think that if you don't wash often enough your hair will get greasy and smelly but actually shampooing causes your hair to secrete more oil. If you are washing every day you are wasting time, shampoo, and damaging your hair but in order to transition to less frequent washing you will have to taper off: every two days, then every three days, etc. The only reason why I shampoo once a week rather than once a month is because I use a lot of hair care product.

This works for some people, but not for everyone. I know people who have tried to do this, and it simply did not work for their hair. Not everyone can follow the same regimen and achieve the same results, some people will have to wash their hair every day no matter what if they don't want it to look oily.

This works for some people, but not for everyone. I know people who have tried to do this, and it simply did not work for their hair. Not everyone can follow the same regimen and achieve the same results, some people will have to wash their hair every day no matter what if they don't want it to look oily.

Changing to sulfate free shampoo made all the difference for me. I wash my hair two or three times a week, same as I always have, but after I cut out sulfates, my lifelong sticky greasy dandruff improved by 90%. :D

I would not even know how to go about making my hair look like that.

Well....since her hair looks like a rat's nest, I would say a bunch of rats. :lol:

I must work for everyone because washing your hair every day is a very recent (in turns of mankind's existence) innovation that was primarily invented in order to sell more shampoo. Prior to the 70's women routinely washed their hair at home or went to the beauty parlor once a week. Prior to the thirties women washed their hair once a month. It really is damaging to your hair to wash it frequently because you are stripping the natural oils out that protect the hair follicles from the sun and wind.

People who say it doesn't work for their hair usually give up too soon-- your hair will take a while to adapt so you might have to put up with greasy hair for awhile but it is worth the savings in shampoo and time. A bottle of shampoo lasts half a year now or longer.

Bathing regularly and wearing deodorant are also relatively recent phenomena, but I prefer to do both. ;) I know people who tried the no-shampoo thing for months and had to give up because their hair just kept getting worse instead of better. I'd much rather spend more money on shampoo than deal with greasy hair for months on end. But that's just me. I don't care what anyone else does.

Shampoo is pretty cheap these days, and I can make a bottle last for months, so I'll stick to washing my hair every day, thanks very much! :lol:

Another big part of the no-shampoo thing is that our hairstyles are completely different now. If you're in the group of people for whom no-shampoo doesn't work, it wouldn't work back in the day either, but they would've gotten magnificent results with old style perms and curls and other styles that really require built in hair grease to work. That's what hairspray is all about, suddenly, women are washing their hair more, and can't do the same styles they used to. So, if you want beachy waves or any other style that's down, and you need shampoo to make it happen, well, consider it a beauty aid.

How is eye makeup that prominent considered modest? Considering the theory is that makeup is to subconsciously simulate the look of sexual excitement (flushed cheeks, dilated eyes, etc), it must certainly be defrauding!

"eyes are the nipples of the face" (paraphrasing Priscilla from My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding)

Some of that hair was super, super nasty by the time it got washed back in the day also. I prefer to wash my hair when it needs it, not on someone else's schedule.

"eyes are the nipples of the face" (paraphrasing Priscilla from My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding)

Apparently, people like Michelle Duggar believe make-up brings the eyes of others up, rather than down to check out "other" parts of your body!!! :o

Two of my kids have really thick hair, and their hair has a "smell" after not being washed for 3 or 4 days (that sweaty dirty kid smell eww). It makes me gag. They're youngish- 10 and almost 9- but it seems like it's getting worse as they get closer to puberty.

My youngest has super fine hair and can go weeks without shampoo ever touching her hair. I use conditioner on it at least once a week. Maybe shampoo every other week.

Two of my kids have really thick hair, and their hair has a "smell" after not being washed for 3 or 4 days (that sweaty dirty kid smell eww). It makes me gag. They're youngish- 10 and almost 9- but it seems like it's getting worse as they get closer to puberty.

The smell of teenager when you are not one can be awful. The reek seemed to come straight out of the top of my fifteen year old brother's head. Good luck, maybe start burning some smudge sticks. :wink-kitty:

The Hair is probably preserved for weeks on end by a satin pillowcase. That insanity needs at least three people to comb out and wash.

Hang on a minute - define "wash".

a) thoroughly wet with water

b) conditioner

c) shampoo and conditioner

d) some other weird thing like beer and vinegar.

Hang on a minute - define "wash".

a) thoroughly wet with water

b) conditioner

c) shampoo and conditioner

d) some other weird thing like beer and vinegar.

Don't forgot "dry" shampoo! I have never tried it but I am curious about it .

Don't forgot "dry" shampoo! I have never tried it but I am curious about it .

I wash my hair every other day, and on the other days I use dry shampoo-it works :)

I wash my hair every other day, and on the other days I use dry shampoo-it works :)

It really depends on the kind of dry shampoo. I wash my hair every other day and use dry shampoo on the in-between days. I typically use Batiste but I ran out last Sunday. The only store open didn't carry that brand, so I bought a different one and it was not as good. It made my hair feel like straw.

I'm continuing to use it, but I have to put my hair up on those days.

I get by with washing (shampoo, sometimes followed by conditioner) one or twice a week. Usually I let it air dry down and wear it up high in a bun wrapped in a jersey-yoga type wrap. I have really thin fine hair and at first it showed grease by the next day but I have been doing this for over a year now and my hair looks great 3-4 days later still. I know a lot of people who say it really depends on the hair type which shampoo method works best. (I have a SIL who has thick dark hair and she likes washing with baking soda and water and rinsing with vinegar and water, and can go days and days with it down and not washed.)

It really depends on the kind of dry shampoo. I wash my hair every other day and use dry shampoo on the in-between days. I typically use Batiste but I ran out last Sunday. The only store open didn't carry that brand, so I bought a different one and it was not as good. It made my hair feel like straw.

I also found that Batiste is what works for me when I use a dry shampoo on days I don't actually wash my hair. I also wash it every other day at the most, but sometimes I can go a couple of days between washing my hair. The vinegar rinse isn't just part of that no shampoo fad as it was something people used before conditioners became cheap. One of my great grandmothers used vinegar as her conditioner which is one thing my mom remembers about her grandma.

Same here-I prefer the cherry scented one cause it smells nicest :)

Thanks for the dry shampoo reviews!

I generally wash the roots of my hair daily with shampoo, condition once or twice a week. I rinse my hair with cold water. I have noticed it is a little easier to brush. I have long fine hair that looks dirty quickly.

Oh my goodness you are all so horrified by the idea of change it makes me laugh. As for washing your hair according to "someone else's schedule" that is my point exactly-- none of you would have ever thought of washing your hair every day if you lived a hundred years ago because it was unheard of. You only wash your hair every day because someone else came up with this schedule. I admit boys with sweaty heads do stink but most of us don't sweat that much.

I think I washed my hair every single day from the time I was able to do it myself (9 or 10) until I was in my forties. I always had wet hair standing and waiting for the school bus. Like I said it took some time to get used to it, but it worked out and I'm glad I made the change. Now I can afford to buy the really good shampoo plus my hair looks shinier and gets fewer split ends. But by all means continue on as you are! I'm sure the shampoo manufacturers are thrilled.

Archived