IGNORED

Someone with hair bigger than Erin Bates

divadivine

I found this picture from JTH on the Duggar Fangirls Facebook page. Get a look at the girl in the green shirt, dead center. You cannot miss her hair. I'm sure the girl is very nice.... but her hair. It's like some animal fanning out around her head. What is it with these fundie girls and big, huge, Harper Valley PTA hair? And another questions, how did she get it to stay like that for longer than 30 seconds?

1239681_434251880019174_1091817978_n.jpg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear God, how is that even possible?

The girl with the braid in the blue shirt down front has it tied on a knot right below her boobs. Surprised they allowed that. Steve Maxwell would probably faint dead away if Sarah walked out of the room in the morning dressed like that

All in all, that pic is just creepy.

I see Jinger and Jana, I assume Jill is back home working. If this is current it certainly helps with the serious courtship speculation that Jessa is missing.

Dear God, how is that even possible?

The girl with the braid in the blue shirt down front has it tied on a knot right below her boobs. Surprised they allowed that. Steve Maxwell would probably faint dead away if Sarah walked out of the room in the morning dressed like that

All in all, that pic is just creepy.

Her hair looks alive. I'd say it's a bunch of dreadlocks sort of wadded together with a couple cans of heavy-duty hairspray, but I'm sure Gothard thinks dreads are Satanic.

It's a thing of wonder, that's for sure...

I think she's just going for the Amy Winehouse look. She and the girl with the personal wind machine hair a couple of rows back both have false eyelashes on. They and the girl with belt! and necklace! and earrings! were probs just ready for their end-of-camp show skit, lip syncing to rehab in glittery sequin dresses and beehives.

right?

Check out the girl in the purple shirt with the big necklace and the belt (and I think she has on big earrings). She has two buttons undone! And she looks like she could be going to the mall! Scary stuff for the fundies.

Well, you know, the bigger the hair the closer to god and all. I think she wins.

Well then she must have quite a sunburn from basking in his everlasting glow.....

There are a couple who don't just have the requirement, but have made themselves stand out while still wearing the required uniform! :o

Duggar chicks *cough Jinger cough* see that orange is strange, even in their own circle, right?

Not knocking on their looks at all! They're pretty, imo. I just can't figure out why anyone, ever, would want to be orange. I work with a teen girl who wears orange foundation, just around her jaws to her hairline. So she has an orange oval on her head. It just confuses the hell out of me!

Check out the girl in front of Jinger. She's rocking awesome 80's cresting wave bangs. She looks exactly like my husband's junior prom date.

I feel bad for the girls in white shirts. They are being shamed by the awesome purple shirts to their left with their snazzy belts and earrings. That would be the place for poor Sarah.

Did you notice the ones in the back 2 rows are standing on chairs. Seems pretty dangerous. One big gust of wind catches that gigantic 'do, and it'll be fundie dominoes!

Jinger reminds me of the first time I was in a play in high school. I had to apply my own stage make-up for the first time, and, worried that I would look too pale, I grabbed the darkest foundation they had. Bad choice.

Check out the girl in front of Jinger. She's rocking awesome 80's cresting wave bangs. She looks exactly like my husband's junior prom date.

Yeah, she's straight out of my 7th grade (ca. 1990) yearbook.

I'm digging the girl in the blue shirt next to her--the one with the sunglasses, tightly pulled-back hair, and shirt buttoned all the way to the top. She and her big-haired neighbor are a real study in contrasts.

I'm wondering what the young lady in blue, front row right, is doing there. She looks a lot younger than the rest of them.

I can't tell if she's bald or has very blonde hair that is completely scraped back.

I'm a little surprised to see Black girls in the photo. My first thought was that they're possibly adoptees. I have Child Catchers on the brain, I guess.

Obviously JTH has a much lighter uniform policy than the very liberal anglican girls school I went to, although the uniform was fundie level modest. I would have ended up with an infringement notice for lots of the shirt unbuttoning & tying that they have done. A skirt above the knees could end in a trip to the uniform shop & a new skirt charged to the parents account.

I can't tell if she's bald or has very blonde hair that is completely scraped back.

I'm a little surprised to see Black girls in the photo. My first thought was that they're possibly adoptees. I have Child Catchers on the brain, I guess.

I notice her too but if you enlarge the picture it is blonde, thin and scraped back tight.

Interesting the range of girls: little miss almost blonde and hair covering through to lots of jewellery and big hairstyles.

Not all the girls who go to JTTH are fully in the gothard fold. Outsiders are sent there by parents/guardians who are trying to get them to God.

Too bad it is just getting them closer to a cult.

Back in the day those outfits would have had you sent straight back to change. Navy and white all the way. Long navy skirts. White blouses that were tucked in and not too tight. Panty-hose even if it was 100 degrees out side. Navy dress shoes. And there were rules about hair too, but I can't remember them.

Archived