IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

Ben would need years of education to become a Pastor. It does not seem like a good idea to get married when he is going to be in classes for the remaining of the possible marriage.

I don't know... don't some of these fundie groups let you become a pastor with very minimal training/education? Anyway, it's not the end of the world to be married while pursuing an education, but it's a lot more difficult when you're also expected to be the sole bread winner supporting a wife and an ever increasing brood of children.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about you, but 31 seconds after touching someone I am usually having sex with them. Even if there are chaperons. Talk about awkward.

:popcorn2: :popcorn2: :popcorn2:

Ben would need years of education to become a Pastor.It does not seem like a good idea to get married when he is going to be in classes for the remaining of the possible marriage.

Actually, it would depend on where he went for the "pastor education". At the four year college I attended, training and subsequent ordination took 8 years (earn 4 year degree, then four MofD program). I believe this is typical for your usual Protestant denominations. OTOH, my cousin became a pastor after attending a unaccredited bible college for two years and leads some independent KJV fundie church. And there's plenty of churches where the "pastor" has really no training at all. So it depends.

ETA: posted then saw singsingsing's post and agree.

I wonder how will this align to the girls book tour. If Jessa gets married prior to it, all eyes and attention will be on Jessa because she in a courtship. Well, either way, it will be on Jessa.

Side note: Does anyone have access to JTTH testmony by the Duggar girls from last night? It appears now you have pay for it. Nobody has time for that. :lol:

Archived