IGNORED

Jessa is Courting! All Things Duggar Family - Part 7

happy atheist

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This literally had me laughing like a hyena for several minutes. But then my mind is in the gutter as usual.

Seriously though, why can't they just speak like normal people? I'm assuming what she means is that they won't kiss until their wedding day, so why can't she just say that? Orally pure sounds more like they will take part of a strict dental hygiene regimen with marathon tooth brushing sessions and mandatory flossing after every meal rather than just abstain from kissing. Though why a bit of a snog with your future spouse would make your mouth "unpure" is beyond me. These fundies appear to have an almost pathological view of anything even remotely sexual. :?

Well I'm afraid my mind went right in the gutter on that one. I figured they would wait until their wedding night to check out the positions akin to 69.

Oh, my. The cat's out of the bag, isn't it?

I read an ebil gossip site that calls People Magazine "Kneepads" because their articles are essentially written by celebrities' publicists. If you read carefully, there's a treasure trove of FU Internetz!!! in there, such as "yes we do let our daughters court -- well, we accept the courtship of those who will buckle under to Jim Boob's headship", "the four eldest daughters' book is finished and will be released on time", and "we're texting about sermons". Yeah, right.

Only Jim Boob would think an 18-year-old would be an appropriate groom for his daughter. I'm amazed at his "discernment", which is nothing more than "Gotta' save the show, and we can marry off Jessa to get some ratings. She really doesn't do the buddy thing well."

Interesting that this announcement just happens to have been leaked -- oops, "released" -- just before the NEW SEASON starts.

And yes, I am so sad for Jana, Jill, and Joy. It may be a long, long wait for them.

Exactly! The Duggars have so many fundie friends(Bates, Paines etc) that I find it hard to believe this is the best they could do.

I find it sad that he's admitted to turning down potential suitors. Poor Jana, Jill and Jinger.

Which explains why Jana and Jinger are at JTTH....

I just re-read the article, and "orally pure" is now "morally pure". I guess it WAS a typo......or a Freudian slip, lol.

So far Jimbob sees "no red flags". I guess the other men who were turned down had them; we'll never know what they are. Being only 18, yeah, we'll see how it happens. He must give Jimbob the impression that he's wise beyond his years. Obviously they're willing to wait and see......as will we. No guarantee that it'll work out, but we'll see.

I cannot believe they actually use the term side-hug. I'm sure they get out the old protractor to be sure the angle doesn't vary from 180 degrees....

I just re-read the article, and "orally pure" is now "morally pure". I guess it WAS a typo......or a Freudian slip, lol.

So far Jimbob sees "no red flags". I guess the other men who were turned down had them; we'll never know what they are. Being only 18, yeah, we'll see how it happens. He must give Jimbob the impression that he's wise beyond his years. Obviously they're willing to wait and see......as will we. No guarantee that it'll work out, but we'll see.

Jim Bob and Michelle were around 18 and 19 when they married, so he probably thinks that's plenty old enough.

Poor guy. If is doesn't work out, he will be forever known in the internet world as having a failed relationship with a Duggar; like Zach and Sarah. Then what, they are "damage goods." Or, Jessa's next husband will hold it over her head as having baggage like Jimbob does with michelle. Gesh!

I bet the season finale is either an engagement or a wedding. These two have been a couple longer than just a week and TLC and the Duggar pr machine are clearly tying it into the show.

""He's the first one she has shown interest in that has a spiritual focus and legitimate calling about ministry work," he says. "When a guy is pursing your daughter, you want to check him out and see if there are any red flags and with Ben, there hasn't been."

This implies that there have been other men that Jessa has shown interest in, but they haven't had what JimBob considers a "spiritual focus"

What an amazing typo. :lol: I'm sure they're staying orally pure, too...

Holy shit, Jessa is courting. Her family must be thrilled - their paycheques are secure for at least another season!

I've got to admit, I'm older than Jessa, and I'd still be squicked out at the prospect of banging someone 3 years my junior. Maybe age matters less in her universe...

Of course these people are fame whoring before the new season begins. Good for Jessa. Move far, far away. Don't let your husband talk you into having 20 babies. Are they going to be on the Today Show tomorrow?

Jim Bob explains: "Courting is getting to know each other in a group setting, both families spending time together and the couple setting goals together to determine if they are meant to marry. With dating, a couple will often pair off alone and that sometimes leads to a more physical relationship."

Once again we see that the Duggars don't really trust their children to do the right thing. They have been raised to be pure before marriage but Pa Duggar does not allow the courting couple to be alone because something naughty might happen. I just want to know how open and honest you can be with a future spouse when your entire family is hanging around listening to youry word. Could Jessa ever say something like, "I don't want to have more than two children"? No, I'm sure she would get disapproval from her parents for questioning their lifestyle. Could Jessa ever bring about the possibility of working after marriage? Again, I don't think so. She will have to continue to parrot the Gothard principles until she is alone with her new bridegroom on their wedding night.

"Dad allowed them to do a side hug when they were officially courting," Michelle, 47, explains. "Jessa and Ben have said that was the only contact they would have, when they initially greet each other, when he comes to visit for their first hello, they have a quick 30 second or less side hug and a goodbye side hug and they agreed that would be the only contact they should have."

"Dad allowed..." barf. Makes me want to punch "Dad" in his gnads. I hope he enjoys his little power trip over this couple because the day will come eventually when he has no say in what Jessa does or does not do. Too bad she can't decide for herself about those things now while she is 20 and single.

:lol:

Thing is, I would not have been surprised at all if it hadn't been. My first reaction wasn't "typo", which says something. Now, if it says something about me or something about the convoluted speech patterns of fundies, I don't know. :twisted:

Wow! I'm away for a few days and find out Jessa is courting? :o I don't feel bad for the other Duggar women. They have been sister moms and maids most of their lives. I feel sorry for Jessa. If this courtship turns into an engagement and marriage, she's in for a sad life of been a submissive wife and brood sow.

"Dad allowed them to do a side hug when they were officially courting," Michelle, 47, explains. "Jessa and Ben have said that was the only contact they would have, when they initially greet each other, when he comes to visit for their first hello, they have a quick 30 second or less side hug and a goodbye side hug and they agreed that would be the only contact they should have."

I know this makes me a terrible person, but...this made me laugh really hard. Dad let them side-hug. But not until they were officially courting, because God forbid Jessa's ribs touch someone she isn't going to marry. I bet Boob stands there with a stop-watch, glaring at Ben the whole time.

Are we going to see a Jessa Loves Ben website in the future? Probably.

No no no. Benlovesjessa.com. It doesn't matter if Jessa loves Ben.

I'm wondering whether or not he'll blog in first person, third person, or switch between the two like Davey Waller.

These are important questions people.

Other men have approached Jim Bob to ask if they could begin a relationship with Jessa – as well as his other older daughters – Jim Bob says that Ben is the first to make the cut.

"He's the first one she has shown interest in that has a spiritual focus and legitimate calling about ministry work," he says. "When a guy is pursing your daughter, you want to check him out and see if there are any red flags and with Ben, there hasn't been. He is very sharp.

This facebook page has a more recent video of young Ben apparently trying to fight city hall.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garland- ... 4468374599

Sorry, Boob, but nothing seems too sharp about this boy. He's very young, very awkward, and totally inarticulate. This is seriously the first one to "make the cut"?

Something seems very off about this whole situation. Could it have been Jessa's idea? Or is it all Boob's doing? Is it a ploy for the show? Is it true young master Ben fell in love with Jessa from watching the show? And if so, is Jim Bob okay with this fanboy just because he wants to make sure every American embryo gets birthed?

And the side hugging exception - wtf?

It's all too bizarre.

So, do we call him J'Ben now????? :think: I wonder if they will move into Mary's house now. The one formally occupied by the Sumugger family....

Ohh, I like J'Ben. But they need a couple name. Josh and Anna are the Smuggars, what fun can we have with the name Seewald?

Archived