IGNORED

What do you think this says?

Lainey

Are there any other written names/words that start with N or K in the rest of the document? Sometimes that helps me decipher what letter it is. I say it's an N. Don't cursive K's usually look like R's? Or is that just lower-case K's...? Don't know the rest of the letters, except there's definitely an F in the middle :D

eta: I just thought of something - have you looked at census records? I don't remember if you said whether your 3g-grandfather was born in or lived in Canada. If he did, maybe there's a census record somewhere?

Are there any other written names/words that start with N or K in the rest of the document? Sometimes that helps me decipher what letter it is. I say it's an N. Don't cursive K's usually look like R's? Or is that just lower-case K's...? Don't know the rest of the letters, except there's definitely an F in the middle :D

eta: I just thought of something - have you looked at census records? I don't remember if you said whether your 3g-grandfather was born in or lived in Canada. If he did, maybe there's a census record somewhere?

No, but there are a few M's, and they look similar to this N (I really think it's an N now).

No, he was born, lived, and died in Russia, unfortunately for my research!

Yeah, it does sort of look like the M's. The thing that throws me off is that the next letter is started mid-air (I don’t know the lingo – it’s not started at the bottom or the top of line - what's that called?), so I thought maybe it was an H but the other H’s don’t look like that. I have an international Ancestry account and can look up stuff if you would like (or not, if that gives you the heebie jeebies, it’s understandable :lol: )

Yeah, but I think that's just the way the minister (assuming that's who filled it out) wrote.

II have an international ancestry account, too, but thank you. :) I can't find anyone named Nicefore Zurowsky, though. Although I'm told in Russia it would be Nikifor. Again, I think the minister spelled it wrong.

Archived