IGNORED

Michelle Duggar has an anger problem

flyawaystray

I'm too lazy to google it again, but one of the earliest interviews with Jim Bob and Michelle that I have read(back before the show and when he was big into politics) the interviewer asks a question, Michelle starts to answer and Jim Bob tells her in a fundie way to shut the fuck up about whatever she was going to talk about. That and the "let's kidnap the Bates children to freak their parents out." and this(I'm pretty sure) was while he had his mother in the car and had just gotten back from taking her to plan his dad's funeral, makes me think Jim Bob is a massive asshole.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, pretending to kidnap someone elses children is a major dick move. He has a really horrible sense of humour and I bet he can be really cruel when the cameras are off to the kids, I can imagine him making mean jokes at their expense and making fun of them.

I know I am not going crazy. Jim Bob was interviewed and he said the kids tell him "Daddy you are raising your voice" or something like that. I can't remember what episode it was in or just an interview for Gothard. I did post a link on page 3 that Jim Bob admits he has one for anyone who is second guessing me

My thoughts, exactly! I have a feeling somebody is about to do a tell all. Granted I haven't seen a lot of the past 2 seasons of 19KAC, but I do remember when they mentioned ATI. I think it was the episode where the 4 older young women spoke and Jana broke down while telling the story of the jewelry box she was forced to give to Jessa. Up until that time, they referred to ATI as a homeschool convention, and never mentioned ATI/IBLP/Gothard/ JTTH before on TV. Am I right?

I know we have seen posts (on other sites) by neighbors and friends of the Duggars, but nothing that we didn't already know. Something tells me we are about to get a first hand account of what Duggar life is really like. Possibly a production crew member with a conscious, maybe from one of the young adult sons that haven't been seen regularly? Maybe Josh, now that he is in Washington D.C. and away from the control of JB and Michelle? Who knows. But I get the distinct feeling something's about to go down. This is just a gut feeling. I have no proof to back up any of my statements.

I haven't watched the show in ages, why did Janna have to give up her jewelry? Can't have possesions in fundieland except for your servant's heart.

I haven't watched the show in ages, why did Janna have to give up her jewelry? Can't have possesions in fundieland except for your servant's heart.

The J-slaves were at an ATI conference and Jana was giving a speech about when they were little Jessa was picking on her. Jana went to Boob and Mullett about it and they told her in order to get Jessa to leave her alone she should give her a prized possesion which was her jewelry box. Not sure if Jessa behaved after that.

The J-slaves were at an ATI conference and Jana was giving a speech about when they were little Jessa was picking on her. Jana went to Boob and Mullett about it and they told her in order to get Jessa to leave her alone she should give her a prized possesion which was her jewelry box. Not sure if Jessa behaved after that.

What kind of parenting message is this supposed to be? Reward Jessa for picking on Jana or bribe her so she will stop? Or are they punishing Jana for 'tattling' on her sister? This is really dumb.

What kind of parenting message is this supposed to be? Reward Jessa for picking on Jana or bribe her so she will stop? Or are they punishing Jana for 'tattling' on her sister? This is really dumb.

Rather "hands off" parenting isn't it? Rather than deal with Jessa directly they put the burden on Jana to solve the problem by basically rewarding Jessa. I can't imagine that made Jessa behave any better.

J'chelle and JB are not good parents by a long shot and I am looking forward to the day that their "wonderful Christian family" facade comes tumbling down.

From what I've heard, Jana sounded close to tears when she borught the incident up. If that's true, then it still bothers her all these years later.

I can't imagine why any parent would try and solve such a problem by further victimizing the victim of any bullying, unless Jessa was more of a favorite back then.

I think the girls explained it as a "catch more flies with honey than vinegar" thing and sure maybe your first approach would be to try to get the kids to work things out nicely but if that doesn't work you need to step in as a parent, which of course Michelle won't do. I bet it was also about Jana keeping sweet. Why should that bother her? It's just materialism, she still has Jesus.

Jana was really shaken up in the video. It was really sad.

From what I've heard, Jana sounded close to tears when she borught the incident up. If that's true, then it still bothers her all these years later.

I can't imagine why any parent would try and solve such a problem by further victimizing the victim of any bullying, unless Jessa was more of a favorite back then.

Jana was crying as I recall. While being filmed on stage. It was one of the most revealing moments of the show.

It sounds to me as though Jana was being taught to be submissive, even if she was submitting to a younger sister. I can't recall if it was Boob or Michelle who said it, but apparently Jana was very much like Hannie when she was a little girl. Which would seem to indicate she was boisterous, strong-willed, and maybe a bit bossy. If true, somewhere along the line Jana's spirit was badly broken. And incidents like the one involving the jewelry box may have been part of the way it was broken.

Of all the "kids" who have been damaged by Michelle and Jim Bob's Gothard-inspired parenting, I feel the sorriest for poor Jana.

I think that the reason it bothers Jana so much is because it represents her life-that she will always be forced by her parents to make sacrafices for her siblings and never get anything she wants. That as far as her parents are concerned, she is not important or valued and her only purpose in life is to do everything for her siblings and parents. Maybe it was the moment in her life that this strong willed and boisterous little girl realise that her life was going to suck and was broken into the sad eyed quiet young lady she is now.

I also dont think she is getting the help she needs for this, its not really healthy for someone to be so upset over something that happened at age 7, that does not seem that traumatic. I dont think people realise what it meant to her and I imagine that shes often told that its no reason to be upset and told as more of a story about learning to make sacrafices and a "Jana learned her lesson" kind of story, instead of a rather traumatic memory. I cant see her getting much sympathy from it from her parents, who focus a lot on keeping sweet, and I cant imagine her other siblings understand how upsetting it was. I doubt it has occurred to Jessa that she needs to talk with Jana about this and work things out, as she has never struck me as a very sensitive person like Jana is, and probably just thinks "Its so silly for her to get upset over it and still not like me after all this time".

I think Jana needs therapy for her issues (and the rest of them, I think with their childhood and being raised in a cult, theyre going to need it sooner or later), and I also think her and Jessa need to talk about it together. I doubt Jessa remembers it, she was the same age as Jordyn is now, but I think it would help Jana for the two of them to talk about it and work things out. I imagine theres still tension between the two, either by Jana feeling Jessa does not understand how important it was to her and how traumatic the memory was, or Jessa feeling that Jana still blames her for it even if it happened when she was a toddler.

Michelle is a terrible mother. I guess "bribe your siblings into leaving you alone because Mommy doesnt care" isnt a good lesson for a kid to learn.

I think that the reason it bothers Jana so much is because it represents her life-that she will always be forced by her parents to make sacrafices for her siblings and never get anything she wants. That as far as her parents are concerned, she is not important or valued and her only purpose in life is to do everything for her siblings and parents. Maybe it was the moment in her life that this strong willed and boisterous little girl realise that her life was going to suck and was broken into the sad eyed quiet young lady she is now.

I also dont think she is getting the help she needs for this, its not really healthy for someone to be so upset over something that happened at age 7, that does not seem that traumatic. I dont think people realise what it meant to her and I imagine that shes often told that its no reason to be upset and told as more of a story about learning to make sacrafices and a "Jana learned her lesson" kind of story, instead of a rather traumatic memory. I cant see her getting much sympathy from it from her parents, who focus a lot on keeping sweet, and I cant imagine her other siblings understand how upsetting it was. I doubt it has occurred to Jessa that she needs to talk with Jana about this and work things out, as she has never struck me as a very sensitive person like Jana is, and probably just thinks "Its so silly for her to get upset over it and still not like me after all this time".

I think Jana needs therapy for her issues (and the rest of them, I think with their childhood and being raised in a cult, theyre going to need it sooner or later), and I also think her and Jessa need to talk about it together. I doubt Jessa remembers it, she was the same age as Jordyn is now, but I think it would help Jana for the two of them to talk about it and work things out. I imagine theres still tension between the two, either by Jana feeling Jessa does not understand how important it was to her and how traumatic the memory was, or Jessa feeling that Jana still blames her for it even if it happened when she was a toddler.

Michelle is a terrible mother. I guess "bribe your siblings into leaving you alone because Mommy doesnt care" isnt a good lesson for a kid to learn.

Totally agree with this. This incident has obviously stayed with her and was that moment in time when she realized, even at the age of 7, how uninvolved her parents were. I get the feeling she felt abandoned by them; this was a moment they should have stuck up for her and dealt with Jessa, but didn't. They just cast the whole thing back on her.

All those kids are going to need therapy. Hope they get it but suspect that only the ones that break free have a chance; any that remain in the lifestyle won't.

I am so waiting for one of them to tell the J'parents to f**k off. Not likely that this would happen, but I would applaud even Josh if he did it.

I'm too lazy to google it again, but one of the earliest interviews with Jim Bob and Michelle that I have read(back before the show and when he was big into politics) the interviewer asks a question, Michelle starts to answer and Jim Bob tells her in a fundie way to shut the fuck up about whatever she was going to talk about. That and the "let's kidnap the Bates children to freak their parents out." and this(I'm pretty sure) was while he had his mother in the car and had just gotten back from taking her to plan his dad's funeral, makes me think Jim Bob is a massive asshole.

Was that the article where the author observed how they were whispering about what to discuss, and she was allowed to speak only after Jim Bob "approved" what Michelle was going to say? I've tried finding this article a couple of times in the past, but didn't know the search words to use. Can you provide them?

Please and thanks. :)

Was that the article where the author observed how they were whispering about what to discuss, and she was allowed to speak only after Jim Bob "approved" what Michelle was going to say? I've tried finding this article a couple of times in the past, but didn't know the search words to use. Can you provide them?

Please and thanks. :)

Think I found it, it mentions how Jim Bob never forgets there's a reporter there and guards what he and Mullet say.

http://epaper.ardemgaz.com/Repository/g ... ID=Ar00235

Dear Chibi, I think that Jimbob is mean most of the times, even though he hides his meanness behind "jokes" and condescending preaches.

I've seen him scaring Jenny to death by forcing her up on the back of a horse, and that a-hole laughed like it was the joke of the century, I've seen him telling Josie to stfu in a biblical manner because daddy was giving an interview, let's talk about the time when he kept spraying his hair and comfortably stuffing his holy face because he demands a full breakfast even when his wife has been in labour the entire night before and is miserable, duhhh, what else, his condescending way of talking to Latin American people in pig latin, showing total disrespect towards EVERY culture so far, taping his injured kid, making bowel movement jokes during breakfast (St Patricks episode) making the episode revolving around Nr 2... He is an a-hole, and a really mean person. Oh, and his little hints on Michelle's baggage. She had one boyfriend at age 15, so she has a lot to be forgiven for. The way he talked about his deceased dad. Did I miss something?!

He pushed one of the little boys out into the line of fire during a paint ball game. He is such a bad sport that he is willing to sacrifice his sons so he can win.

I missed Jenny and the horse! What episode was that? That reminds me of that photo Josh posted of Mike crying in a tree.

I've always felt bad for Mary, the way JB puts down her late husband is so horrible. It must take a lot for her to not speak up. Granted, maybe she does when the cameras aren't around, but still, she has a lot of restraint to not stop him dead in his tracks even with the cameras rolling.

Think I found it, it mentions how Jim Bob never forgets there's a reporter there and guards what he and Mullet say.

This part in the article alarmed me: When 1-year-old Jason falls to the floor and starts throwing a fit, one glance from his mother and quick wag of her finger ends the incident almost even before it begins

That's the one, graciebeth! Thank you, I will bookmark it for future reference. :)

These two morons keep nattering about teaching their children, especially the girls, to have a "servant's heart". They obviously have no idea how real servants were treated, and in the recent past at that.

Actually, the five girls would be better off if they WERE literal, professional servants, i.e. nannies in some wealth household in New York, San Francisco or Miami. Yes, they would still have to change poopy diapers and wipe snotty noses. But chances are they wouldn't be in charge of more than 2 or 3 kids. They would get paid with real money, not JimBoob's bullshit 3 cents a chore, and could keep their earnings themselves. They would each have their own room. There would be a limit to how many hours a day they had to work, and the employers would be required to give them a minimim amount of time off each week.

I respectfully suggest that they take their parents' "servants heart" bullshit literally and put it into practice, but in someone else's household.

He pushed one of the little boys out into the line of fire during a paint ball game. He is such a bad sport that he is willing to sacrifice his sons so he can win.

Don't forget when he tried to convert that atheist sword-swallower in Scotland. That was a bit douche-baggy.

I'll add when he stomped into the Dead Sea, fully clothed, to stop the J'slaves from talking to a young Israeli man. Because their hymens were clearly in danger, what with them talking in a group in a public place.

Hell, 3 kids 3 and under is no picnic, either. I feel like the world's worst mother because there are about 2 years of my middle 2 kids lives that are documented with next to no pictures whatsoever. Living in survival mode sucks! Which is why, unlike the Duggars, we were smart and waited for 4 years before we decided to fill our quiver with any more blessings.

Also the mom of 3 under 3! Survival mode is exactly right!

I think I've mentioned this before, but one of those kids just needs to independently contact someone to set up a tell-all interview/book/tv show. They'd be financially independent for life.

This makes me wonder if the older Duggars have unmonitored emails and cell phone.

I think I've mentioned this before, but one of those kids just needs to independently contact someone to set up a tell-all interview/book/tv show. They'd be financially independent for life.

This makes me wonder if the older Duggars have unmonitored emails and cell phone.

Their emails and phones are monitored.

Archived