IGNORED

My Hogwarts Invitations!

mockingbird

I'm having a Harry Potter movie marathon party in a couple of weeks and decided to hand-make invitations this weekend. (Hand-made mostly because I'm too cheap to buy parchment paper and fancy envelopes when I can do it myself.) It took me almost all day Sunday (I had to do them on Sept 1 of course!) but they turned out really well! I have done something similar for another HP party but I don't think they were as involved.

Here's a picture of the process and my finished "No post on Sundays!" picture in the middle :D (blocked out addresses/last names)

c18b69e4-a29f-4840-895e-07fabd76a9de_zps2daa61f7.jpg

I printed the letters using text from the book and pictures online for McGonagall's signature and the Hogwarts crest, and found the "stamps" and "tickets" as printables online too. I used one of the HP fonts and an envelope template (both free online lol) for the envelopes. I soaked everything in tea, baked them (don't have space to leave them to dry), flattened them under one of my many large textbooks, assembled the envelopes and finished it off with a wax seal! I was most excited about using that, I pretty much bought it for the exact purpose of someday making Hogwarts letters. LOL I got it from a stationery shop in Italy. Though, it took some time to learn how to do it properly especially because I was trying to set up more than one envelope at a time haha. (It always looks so perfect and easy in TV/movies!) If anyone wants to make their own, I can track down the websites I used. You could definitely speed up the process by owning more than one cookie sheet, or something else large enough to soak the paper in while you bake at the same time. I did not ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived