IGNORED

New TLC Special, "My Five Wives"

Yet another polygamy show - and I'm not complaining lol.

starcasm.net/archives/240717

Following in the successful footsteps of their Sister Wives reality series, the network will be airing an hour-long special titled My Five Wives on September 15 starring polygamist Brady Williams, his five sister wives Paulie, Robyn, Rosemary, Nonie and Rhonda, as well as their 24 children!

MY FIVE WIVES premieres Sunday, September 15 at 9/8c, following an all-new episode of Sister Wives

The bios and lots of pics at the link.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dargers with three women, Browns with what became four and the new ones with five women!

Though a construction business seems to me like it would be incredibly useful if you're in this situation! And its cool that the women seem to be doing things they enjoy rather than just have a job to keep food on the table. It's interesting how long they've all been a family, too. Now I'm wondering about the kids and ages, etc....it seems the newer (not that any are recent!) Wives have smaller kids and the longest wives have the older kids. Like none of the longest ones kept having kids for a super long time. I'm not sure if my point is making any sense, sorry about that!

Wonder if the Kodster is upset? This could steal his thunder 8-) Wonder if this guy will walk up to people and say, "Hi. My name is Mr ___ , and I have four five wives and am a Mormon fundamentalist."? Seriously, when Kody does that, it just drives me nuts. Depending on how the ratings are for this new show, the Brown's may need to come up with better story lines that don't involve an extremely unlikely surrogacy or Sobyn crying in every episode or talking about giving her cookies away. I'm totally setting my DVR for this :D

One of the wives apparently has a 13 year old...and has been married for 12 years. Wonder if she's related to Sobyn Robyn?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

With only very shallow digging, I don't see a website or anything for this family. The Dargers have and have had for quite a while, a professional looking, very parent oriented site. The Browns obviously have their mess. It's interesting that these don't have an obvious online presence. At least to me. :shrug:

I hope their Robyn isn't....Kody's Robyn-ish. I haven't seen too much of Sister Wives, not having cable, but what I have seen, I'd want to run away. :shock:

This blurb sounds promising .....

Brady Williams, his five wives and their total of 24 children, live outside of Salt Lake City. They believe in all kinds of progressive ideas they don't share with the Mormon Church, including equality for everyone and a God who accepts all people.

Shunned by their former Church brethren, the family says they are polygamous by choice and not just religious doctrine.

This blurb sounds promising .....

Brady Williams, his five wives and their total of 24 children, live outside of Salt Lake City. They believe in all kinds of progressive ideas they don't share with the Mormon Church, including equality for everyone and a God who accepts all people.

Shunned by their former Church brethren, the family says they are polygamous by choice and not just religious doctrine.

I'm not convinced they care so much about equality. Would the husband be accepting if any of the wives wanted another spouse? There's no equality in this relationship - only one of them can have multiple partners.

There is a progressive way to have multiple significant partners, and it's called polyamory. The key there is the word "partners". It's not limited to just one or the other, every person involved has the same choice to have another partner. The only way to justify this one-sided polygyny is by claiming that men and women are just so inherently different that a woman could never possibly manage the same thing that a man could. Again, that's not equality no matter how much they are tolerant of gay people.

One of the wives apparently has a 13 year old...and has been married for 12 years. Wonder if she's related to Sobyn Robyn?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh No!!!! :o More purity being thrown on the carpet!

At least 3 of them have solid jobs, and 2 have some form of income (unlike Kody's unemployed clan). I'm undecided till I see the house (does it have one kitchen or separate apartments), is there any hint of possible welfare, but in the beginning I'm sure they will be more likeable then Kody and the whiney gang right now.

TLC has been shopping for another polygamist family for over a year. Is it to replace Kody (please) or do they just want another family? I know the Dargers turned down TLC for a show because TLC wanted storylines and scripts and the Dargers would not bite. I would have much rather watched the Dargers (since there daughter married in a CP polygamy USA family, so many possibilities) and they seem more honest. I'm sure Ill like this family better as well but TLC always keeps the famewhores and families with more shock value on. I liked the Bates over the Duggars show but we see how long 2 like shows lasted on TLC.

I believe the article said they have one giant house but each wife has their own home within the home and the only space they have to share is the laundry room.

I just want Polygamy USA to come back. Creepy Cawley, Arthur and his boot throwing, the odd dynamic of Isaiah's wives, Hyrum and his 12 year old looking wife....good stuff. sigh

I just want Polygamy USA to come back. Creepy Cawley, Arthur and his boot throwing, the odd dynamic of Isaiah's wives, Hyrum and his 12 year old looking wife....good stuff. sigh

I do lust after Hyrum's body.....though nothing else.

and i want to know with whom they marry Rosemarie, when is coming back this show?

I believe the article said they have one giant house but each wife has their own home within the home and the only space they have to share is the laundry room.

Ooh, that could still get contentious! With 24 kids, unless they have tons of washing machines they're probably constantly queuing to do laundry. :) At one point, I was living in a place with one washing machine for 30 people and that sure got stressful at times.

Oh No!!!! :o More purity being thrown on the carpet!

Well, technically, all the kids except from the first wife are "out of wedlock."

I don't know how four people (and one is a medical assistant, which pays crap, and two who are employed by his brother's company) can support that many people without welfare. Only the dental hygienist is making decent money.

I can't stand Kody, though...at least this guy doesn't seem gross.

Well, technically, all the kids except from the first wife are "out of wedlock."

I don't know how four people (and one is a medical assistant, which pays crap, and two who are employed by his brother's company) can support that many people without welfare. Only the dental hygienist is making decent money.

I can't stand Kody, though...at least this guy doesn't seem gross.

If they have the majority of the adults just showing up to any job on a semi-regular basis, then they are already well ahead of the Browns.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it. It was a bit staged, they did all the intros. It's very interesting that they have left their polygamist church and are totally on their own. I wish they would have explained their beliefs better. The dad said a prayer, and they all grew up in the church, but according to their fb it says they are now doing this more for commitment reasons than religious and that they've left a lot if religious beliefs behind, and now believe in a more inclusive, loving god.

Some tank tops were worn, they said they are outcasts without any friends. One wife wants to adopt but it's $$$ and who would give a baby to them? Another wife wants another baby. They have 30 kids, 2 connecting houses and each wife has her own kitchen and space. They take turns cooking for everyone. 4 of the wives are thin, one is obese and pretty sad about it. The husband said they should get in shape together.

He and one wife share a birthday and the wife always gets the husband for her birthday night, so none of the others get to be with their husband on his birthday. Lots of tears and jealousy. Overall they seem to like each other.

I wonder how them outting themselves will effect their jobs. Part of me feel that what happen with the browns.

To be honest, I never watched Sister Wives but did always wonder that by outing themselves as a polygamist family, that there would be some backlash against them including affecting their jobs. While the LDS church no longer officially backs up polygamy (in this world at least), I would think that any family practicing polygamy would not be looked upon very well in their circles. And this family is in SLC, very heavy LDS area.

Maybe others can weigh in here.

Oh, come on. All the polygyny. I want to see something about polyandry, now that'd be interesting.

Showtime has a show called Polyamory. I've also seen another show called Married and Dating (or am I thinking of Pregnant and Dating?).

Archived