IGNORED

What's going on with Sunshine Mary?

Ari

I would classify a nurse/speech pathologist couple as firmly middle class in any western society. I'm not sure why she thinks of herself as upper middle class, except that she also sees herself as being thin and looking like she's in her thirties and sees HHG as an alpha sex god, so she's obviously a little prone to self delusion.

I'm wondering how much SSM works as a speech pathologist anyway? I forget if she's ok with work from home mothers (I presume she's ok with it if she gives her office address as a residential home). She probably doesn't work full time anyway, right? It would seem awfully hard to have a full time home practice with three kids running around, 'tis all.

The $60k house seems on the low side for what they could afford. I wonder how much they paid for it when they bought it. I know that Michigan is not exactly thriving these days so maybe their house was worth more when they first moved in. Anyway, that's not here nor there. My husband and I are about to buy a new house and we are certainly setting a far lower budget than what we could afford. Frugality may be one of SSM's saving graces.

And yeah, it seems like SSM has an image of herself that doesn't fit with reality. I think she wants to portray herself as a well off housewife with an "alpha male" husband living the Don and Betty Draper dream. If all this information on her life is true, the reality is far more mundane. She and her husband have normal, but hardly glamorous professions. They live in a modest home. The family makes middle class, but not extravagant money. And SSM looks about her age. Wow, an utterly ordinary life.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you nailed it, YPestis. An utterly ordinary life, that she's trying vainly to make sound amaaaaazing.

I think that the criticism she's received may have made Sunshine Mary reconsider some of her world views, especially her oft-stated belief that women are inherently evil.

Today he has a post up sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/he-was-unhaaaaappy where she slams the Rational Male blogger for a post accusing women of being incapable of unconditional love.

In addition to the original post, she must have written at least 20 comments defending women. She's also going head to toe with a commenter named Deti who believes wives owe husbands sex on demand and that women get married just so they can withhold sex and 'frivorce" for cash and prizes.

Perhaps she's beginning to see the light.

I think that the criticism she's received may have made Sunshine Mary reconsider some of her world views, especially her oft-stated belief that women are inherently evil.

Today he has a post up sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/he-was-unhaaaaappy where she slams the Rational Male blogger for a post accusing women of being incapable of unconditional love.

In addition to the original post, she must have written at least 20 comments defending women. She's also going head to toe with a commenter named Deti who believes wives owe husbands sex on demand and that women get married just so they can withhold sex and 'frivorce" for cash and prizes.

I seriously doubt that she has changed her views on women at all. The problem is his post generalized all women as incapable of unconditional love and that includes her, as well. I think she is willing to defend women when it effects her, but it is the other fat feminist women, then she has no problem mocking them.

Shitstain hasn't changed anything

This comment pretty much won the thread afaic.

My general opinion is that the men in a society end up with women (and children, for that matter) that they deserve. If you are surrounded by unloving women, then a bit of introspection might be in order. Loving women do exist, but it’s very possible that they are not eager to marry you. Loving women will wish to be loved.

I find it funny that the women are pointing out the irony of these guys whining that women don't love them exactly the way they are but are willing to make all kinds of demands of women and threaten "nexting" them if they don't live up to those demands.

One of her regular fan boys has called her out on her new-found quasi feminism:

Höllenhund on August 30, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

Now that you really started feeling the heat from feminists, you became scared and thus you now start to distance yourself from the ‘sphere in order to reduce negative feedback from those who wield power today. Eventually you’ll become part of the small, solipsistic online ghetto of tradcon women, talking to themselves and quoting the Bible all the time, making men yawn.

Predictable.

Also, she is now using her husband's real name instead of referring to him as Holy Hand Grenade:

I see my marriage as Sunshine and Philip against the world, you know? And that’s why I take umbrage at the idea that I only love him opportunistically. Bull crap. We’ve got each other’s backs. Do playahs’ plates have their backs?

How romantic! :drool:

I seriously doubt that she has changed her views on women at all. The problem is his post generalized all women as incapable of unconditional love and that includes her, as well. I think she is willing to defend women when it effects her, but it is the other fat feminist women, then she has no problem mocking them.

Shitstain hasn't changed anything

No, I don't think she's changed her basic viewpoints either, but I do hope the mass of writhing male hysteria is enough to make her at least start rethinking her opinions. Those guys are ridiculous right now. And any woman who calls them on any of their screaming tantrums is immediately slapped down with "But you're just a woman so you can't pooossssssibly understand."

Also? I adore my husband. Just the way he is, spare tire, farty butt, boogery nose and all. Suck on that, SSM groupies.

One of her regular fan boys has called her out on her new-found quasi feminism:

Oh. Ok. So she's not allowed to be a complex person with a range of thoughts and opinions? She's only allowed to be a sock puppet for MRAs?

These men are truly foul. I'm not at all surprised they're mostly single.

I am glad most MRA's are single or have sworn off women. It means they don't have sons or daughters to teach this bullcrap too

When did "unconditional love" become something anyone rational would believe in?

I'm wondering how much SSM works as a speech pathologist anyway? I forget if she's ok with work from home mothers (I presume she's ok with it if she gives her office address as a residential home). She probably doesn't work full time anyway, right? It would seem awfully hard to have a full time home practice with three kids running around, 'tis all.

The $60k house seems on the low side for what they could afford. I wonder how much they paid for it when they bought it. I know that Michigan is not exactly thriving these days so maybe their house was worth more when they first moved in. Anyway, that's not here nor there. My husband and I are about to buy a new house and we are certainly setting a far lower budget than what we could afford. Frugality may be one of SSM's saving graces.

And yeah, it seems like SSM has an image of herself that doesn't fit with reality. I think she wants to portray herself as a well off housewife with an "alpha male" husband living the Don and Betty Draper dream. If all this information on her life is true, the reality is far more mundane. She and her husband have normal, but hardly glamorous professions. They live in a modest home. The family makes middle class, but not extravagant money. And SSM looks about her age. Wow, an utterly ordinary life.

According to the public tax records, they paid $82,900 in 1996.

I think it's their place of residence. Although some homes on main street become storefronts in later years, this one is in an obviously residential neighborhood. The murse's manly red min is parked outside, there's no signage, etc. I'd say she didn't have an office, used the home address (perhaps she went to patients' homes?), and lives there too. But, the real question is, why does she keep her NPI number active when she is so happy and fulfilled in her God-ordained position as wife and mother? Looks to me like someone is keeping a liiiiiiitle bit of security available just in case HHG starts filling someone else love tank on the regular (again.) Of course, she should do that; it is a perfectly logical and rational action, but it is against all the inanity she spews.

I take back my hopeful post above. Sunshine is now defending her fan boys against the women on her site who have been trying to call them out on their misogyny. The person Deti that she refers to believes that all women have bad intentions and all wives should be cum receptacles. He also has a list of "rules" all women should follow including keeping their hair long, makeup on, and never daring to get fat.

Sigyn

I don’t like your disrespectful attitude toward Deti. Nor do I appreciate LLB’s assumptions about his personsl life.

Deti

I apoligize for the personal comments that have been directed at you. I will redact them later when we get to our hotel and I can get at my laptop.

One of these women has actually apologized to Deti. The other one seems to be standing her ground.

If all women have bad intentions like shitstain claims, why aren't MRA's suspicious of her? Couldn't it be that she's just attention-whoring by posting MRA-edgy posts to attract these types of men to her because she finds them attractive even though she's married? Isn't that lust which is what she preaches against? What a hypocritical bitch.

My husband is a Registered Nurse and I am an Engineer and we consider ourselves to be quite middle class (even lower middle class) so the fact she is portraying herself as wealthy upper middle class is just ridiculous. Although I will say I am very jealous of her 60K home... we live in Massachusetts where our little old Victorian 3 bedroom house cost us a pretty penny. I cried at closing when I saw the final 30 year payment plan. :lol:

It must just be a coincidence that there is a red mini parked outside the house of the false address she used. :lol:

This is public record, so I guess its okay to post

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Michigan/Yp ... i-MI-48198

I thought maybe you had made a mistake, but I looked at the photo linked to in your post and then I remembered Sunshine had once posted a photo of her front yard. I found the link: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/07/28/girl-game-standing-against-ugliness-summer-fashion-and-gardening-edition/ and compared the photo, which she posted in the comments section.

It's the same house. She's added a picket fence, but the rock border and no-grass front yard are the same. I'm pretty shocked. She really had me fooled thinking she was living in an expensive house in a fancy UMC neighborhood. Truth be told, our houses are very similar --- probably built around the same time --- and both are located in blue collar neighborhoods. Mine is worth more, but only b/c the COL on the east coast is more expensive than the midwest.

I take back my hopeful post above. Sunshine is now defending her fan boys against the women on her site who have been trying to call them out on their misogyny.

That's actually pretty typical Shitstain behaviour on the rare occasions when she calls the manosphere minions out on their misogyny, she ends up doing an about-face and then dumps on the women commenters. I guess HHG must give her a spanking, sans post-spank-sex, for allowing the inferior commenterettes to diss the superior commenters.

That's actually pretty typical Shitstain behaviour on the rare occasions when she calls the manosphere minions out on their misogyny, she ends up doing an about-face and then dumps on the women commenters. I guess HHG must give her a spanking, sans post-spank-sex, for allowing the inferior commenterettes to diss the superior commenters.

Occasionally stuff like this makes me wonder if SSM is really just an oppressed, abused woman and this blog is part of her abuser's torture. Most of the time, I think she's just plain evil. But, every now and again, I read things that it's just not rational for a woman to write -- like that her husband made her beg for sex, as in "get down on your knees and beg" for sex, which she gladly did. Is she so wrapped up in the pleasure of her kink that she can't see how degraded she sounds? Is he degrading her by making her do this (the blog, not the begging)? Is she making it all up as some social experiment? Sometimes I wonder if the real Mary is the defender of men she claims to be.

But about 90% of me thinks that she's legit crazy (of course, 90% of me thought that Razing Ruth was real...)

According to the public tax records, they paid $82,900 in 1996.

I think it's their place of residence. Although some homes on main street become storefronts in later years, this one is in an obviously residential neighborhood. The murse's manly red min is parked outside, there's no signage, etc. I'd say she didn't have an office, used the home address (perhaps she went to patients' homes?), and lives there too. But, the real question is, why does she keep her NPI number active when she is so happy and fulfilled in her God-ordained position as wife and mother? Looks to me like someone is keeping a liiiiiiitle bit of security available just in case HHG starts filling someone else love tank on the regular (again.) Of course, she should do that; it is a perfectly logical and rational action, but it is against all the inanity she spews.

As luck will have it, I was perusing her blog when I found her talking about her part time practice in the post about submission and working wives. SSM admits to working 10-15 yrs/week to keep her license active. She says that she does this in case HHG dies and leaves her to support the family. Of course, she then says it was best for women to be financially dependent on husbands so they if the marriage hits a rocky patch, she will be less willing to divorce. Lovely.

It's actually an intriguing discussion, but the egos of all concerned are getting in the way. Deti's ego in particular has swollen to such grotesque proportions as to block out all light.

I want all to see the personal and disrespectful tone that was taken not only towards me but to anyone else defending Rollo’s points.

But, you see, women are totally emotional and take everything as a personal attack. Men would never - NEVER, I tell you - resort to anything like that. They are coolly logical and controlled. :lol:

I’d like Sigyn’s attacks on me left up as well. She attacks me as “goalpost moving†(which I didn’t); falsely claims I’m advancing “oppressed victim†status (I didn’t, the observation was a response to St. Velvet bringing up frivorce); and then accused me of ranting (I wasn’t; but she interpreted it as such). If a claim of “ranting†isn’t shaming, I don’t know what is. Essentially, Sigyn was saying “deti is so angry. No one should believe such an angry guy!â€

Seriously, Sigyn was about as scary and attacking as a three week old kitten. I read that and thought "BFD, what the hell is Deti getting so upset about? Oh yeah, Sigyn's female".

He actually accused her of calling him a bitter, angry loser who can't get laid - that was pure projection as she'd said nothing of the sort. I am not a fan of anyone who comments on a manosphere blog, and I am not "taking Sigyn's side" but yeah, how much thinner could one man's skin get?

Surely even Shitstain must wake up at some point. Look how hard, how pitifully hard you have to work, Shitstain, to get men to even treat you semi-politely. And look how quickly they turn on you when you disagree mildly with one of their ideas. They respect you about as much as I respect my used toilet paper - I mean, it performs a useful function, and if it stops performing that function, I buy a new brand. But it hasn't earned my respect or my gratitude - it can't because of what it is.

A lesson for you in that...

It's actually an intriguing discussion, but the egos of all concerned are getting in the way.

Because Shitstain is straying from her usual MO and, as Farmer Joe from Jackson has so readily concluded, "this has quickly devolved into a team woman man hating session", rather than the inverse, and we can't have that now, can we.

Deti's ego in particular has swollen to such grotesque proportions as to block out all light.

The biggie there being the "disrespectful tone", because it behooves all women to mind that they are respectful and submit to all men, as previously discussed in this guest post by earl

sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/dont-tell-me-what-to-do/

which begins with

These six words were uttered to me by a woman recently: Don’t tell me what to do. I had said Sit Down! to her because I had a great story to tell her. I didn’t say it in a threatening way…just with authority.

...It is my opinion that this is the absolute worst thing a woman can say to a man.

That horrible harridan being not a relative nor close friend, but his dance instructor.

Anyhow, in an effort to regain his manly man status, in case one might think him a thin-skinned wuss after having said...

I’d like Sigyn’s attacks on me left up as well. She attacks me as “goalpost moving†(which I didn’t); falsely claims I’m advancing “oppressed victim†status (I didn’t, the observation was a response to St. Velvet bringing up frivorce); and then accused me of ranting (I wasn’t; but she interpreted it as such). If a claim of “ranting†isn’t shaming, I don’t know what is. Essentially, Sigyn was saying “deti is so angry. No one should believe such an angry guy!â€

...Deti returns later to not shift goalposts, but to rebuild the whole playing field

I didn’t have any problem with Sigyn’s argumentation. She’s the one who is all butthurt claiming she was slandered, insulted and attacked.

She wasn’t slandered. Insult and attack and hyperbolic argument is par for the course around here. I hope she can come back when she can develop a thicker skin.

Yes, that's right, Deti, it's Sigyn that needs to develop a thicker skin.

He actually accused her of calling him a bitter, angry loser who can't get laid - that was pure projection as she'd said nothing of the sort. I am not a fan of anyone who comments on a manosphere blog, and I am not "taking Sigyn's side" but yeah, how much thinner could one man's skin get?

It was LeeLeeBug who said those fateful words to Deti in her comment

Your posts seem to always drip with solipsism. You got a raw deal in the marriage department, based on what you’ve posted about Mrs. Deti over the year or so I’ve been reading this blog and this has colored your view of all women.

I pray that God will speak to Mrs. Deti’s heart. I hope that one day you’ll come home from work and she’ll be waiting for you with a cocktail and your favorite dinner followed by very enthusiastic sex.

If one can't see how she was obviously calling him a bitter, angry loser who can't get laid, well, that must be because your rationalization hamster is working overtime.

Surely even Shitstain must wake up at some point.

She did, briefly, when she posted the comment here:

sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/08/30/he-was-unhaaaaappy/#comment-23651

but she must have been having a blue pill moment, and I'm sure that HHG instinctively had a murse moment and ensured that she took her daily red pill.

Occasionally stuff like this makes me wonder if SSM is really just an oppressed, abused woman and this blog is part of her abuser's torture. Most of the time, I think she's just plain evil. But, every now and again, I read things that it's just not rational for a woman to write -- like that her husband made her beg for sex, as in "get down on your knees and beg" for sex, which she gladly did. Is she so wrapped up in the pleasure of her kink that she can't see how degraded she sounds? Is he degrading her by making her do this (the blog, not the begging)? Is she making it all up as some social experiment? Sometimes I wonder if the real Mary is the defender of men she claims to be.

But about 90% of me thinks that she's legit crazy (of course, 90% of me thought that Razing Ruth was real...)

It probably didn't help that one of her readers threatened to take his bromance buds and go home, taking all the chicks with him -- my paraphrase. Here's what he said:

You have the influence you do over women because the men are here. They draw the women, who get a look at how men approve of your ideas. If the men leave, you will see the women follow. Challenging the status quo is made easier by the presence of approving men. If the men decide to abandon you, why would the women stay? They follow the men, wherever they go.

So write what the men want, or you'll be left ranting into the ether.

The biggie there being the "disrespectful tone", because it behooves all women to mind that they are respectful and submit to all men, as previously discussed in this guest post by earl

sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/dont-tell-me-what-to-do/

which begins with

That horrible harridan being not a relative nor close friend, but his dance instructor.

This actually gives me the willies. It's one thing for a woman to decide to submit to her husband's wishes, but it's not even a whole other level but an entirely new planet to demand that she also submit to all of malekind simple because: mra. WTF?

You know, that's something that I've noticed about MRAs. For a group of men with such utter contempt for women, they certainly get their feelers hurt when having to deal with one.

My husband has a very manly job that involves heavy equipment and physical activity, he has most of his "needs" taken care of by the woman in his life (me) simply because he works longer hours than I do and fair is fair, and he has the love of his wife and children and a whole lot of respect at work. And he would never be such a big pussy as to invest any amount of time or energy arguing with a bunch of yahoos on the internet, basically saying, "She was mean to me! Look everyone, she tried to hurt my feelings! Wah wah wah!"

And yet, he would be considered a "beta" by MRA standards. Someone explain that to me, please. Is it because he doesn't police what I eat and make me wear dresses? Or is it because I work outside the home and manage my own money?

You know, that's something that I've noticed about MRAs. For a group of men with such utter contempt for women, they certainly get their feelers hurt when having to deal with one.

My husband has a very manly job that involves heavy equipment and physical activity, he has most of his "needs" taken care of by the woman in his life (me) simply because he works longer hours than I do and fair is fair, and he has the love of his wife and children and a whole lot of respect at work. And he would never be such a big pussy as to invest any amount of time or energy arguing with a bunch of yahoos on the internet, basically saying, "She was mean to me! Look everyone, she tried to hurt my feelings! Wah wah wah!"

And yet, he would be considered a "beta" by MRA standards. Someone explain that to me, please. Is it because he doesn't police what I eat and make me wear dresses? Or is it because I work outside the home and manage my own money?

Yep, this could describe us very well. I don't consider myself a "submissive" wife, but I don't really get what that means anyway. And that's having been born and raised in the IFB, lol. I cook for my husband, I clean for the family and I try to look nice for him. But he has no interest whatsoever in micromanaging my life. If I'm happy, he's happy -- and that goes both ways.

Does that make him a beta? Perhaps. But clearly his "betaness" hasn't hurt his "MMV" any, and his horrible fat feminist of a wife is not only still with him but still adores him. After more than a dozen years, three children and some pretty hard times.

These men need to stop guessing what life is about and start actually living it.

This actually gives me the willies. It's one thing for a woman to decide to submit to her husband's wishes, but it's not even a whole other level but an entirely new planet to demand that she also submit to all of malekind simple because: mra. WTF?

Actually, she is to respect and submit to all of malekind because of Y chromosome, as evidenced by one commenter stating:

Plus women are not supposed to be really submissive to men in general, just one special man. A random man is just another person to me, just like another woman is. Therefore, no authority, unless he earned it by being wiser, or more experienced, or something.

and earl replying:

So in other words manhood has to be proven by a particular standard determined by each individual woman. Sorry God…that Y chromosome you gave me means nothing.

Yep, God gave you that Y chromosome as a means of instilling in you God-like authority over all women. Or, as commenter Athor Pel put it:

Yes women in general are supposed to be submissive to men in general. The authority of the random man only goes so far but the submission and respect from the woman should always be there or she is in rebellion. If you don’t like it then take it up with your Creator.

Where the heck is Susan B. Anthony when you need her! "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

Archived